“Family Reunion 2012”

Ranked #10 of 15 Hotels in Santa Clarita
Chelsea, Michigan
“Family Reunion 2012”
Reviewed July 21, 2012

We stayed a week at the Res Inn in Santa Clarita for a 35+ family reunion in the SF Valley area. We were upgraded to a 2 bedroom suite for me and my daughter's family of 5. Worked out great except for the upstairs guests who did a lot of running across the floor above us (We were in 214). They graciously moved us to the same room type on the 3rd floor the next day and it was smooth sailing after that. We can't say enough about the friendly staff who accommodated our every need. The rooms had a full kitchen and was cleaned and freshened by housekeeping each day. The pool and jacuzzi were awesome and crystal clean. We did several "midnight swims" with the children and they loved it. They also have a firepit with comfortable chairs around it, but we preferred the jacuzzi! The inn serves a breakfast each morning with fresh fruit and the usual breakfast fare. Not so sure about those eggs though! It was average, but free so who's complaining?!! Never made it to the manager's reception. I also noticed that so many of the other guests were pleasant and fun to chat with. We will definitely stay here again should we go back to the area. We felt right at home!
I will suggest you keep vigilant when you're using the freeways. There was a LOT of construction with some signage missing and we got lost a couple times. Otherwise, it's a nice area for walking, shopping and just vegging by the pool. We got very good at this!

Room Tip: 3rd floor and you'll avoid someone running above you Some floors have highway noise, although n...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Judy O
RIFFISC, Public Relations Manager at Residence Inn Santa Clarita Valencia, responded to this review, August 2, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share with us your experience! We are glad you love the pool and jacuzzi! We cannot wait till you return!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Phoenix AZ
Reviewed July 19, 2012

Stayed for 2 nights while visiting Magic Mountain. Very easy check in. I made a request to change my room type and they were very accomodating. The hotel was very clean and well maintained. Everything in the room worked perfectly. We stayed in a studio and it was plenty spacious. The breakfast buffet was reasoanbly good. Food quality was average. Would have liked a little more variety. Basically 1 egg dish, 1 meat and a little fruit. They do have a waffle maker to make your own waffles. Plenty of seating in the breakfast area so it din't feel overcrowded. The hotels is about 2 miles from Magic Mountain and there are plenty of restaurants nearby. Just booked a return stay for next month.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are glad we were able to make your stay enjoyable! We cannot wait to see you return next time!
New Milton, Hants
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Useful place if you have a family and great to have a fridge - otherwise - travelling solo - I'd rather have a standard hotel room. Rooms have everything but are dark and totally soul-less. TV signal lousy, beds and baths fine. Tiny pool (not unusual).

What did surprise me was that the free breakfast (which they started to clear before the deadline). Choice was limited (OK for free though) but the scrambled eggs looked like they'd been made from egg powder - you cannot get such a uniform colour - or cement-like consistency from real eggs....
BUT serving it on polystyrene plates with plastic cutlery - what do they think we'll do? Go Greek and start throwing the plates on the floor and dance around them and steal the cutlery?
Unfortunately as I stayed over 2 trips of Thursday night to Tuesday I didn't experience the Manager's buffet but hope it would be better than the breakfast. However, stacks of cheap places to eat within walking distance, and better places a short drive away.
Front desk staff were cheerful and helpful in every way and offered help when needed - and they were the heroes of the stay - otherwise - if I'd not used Marriott points for the stay I'd have checked out early and cancelled my second stay.

Room Tip: Room on ground floor facing North look out onto shrubs and are very dark and depressing - I agree wi...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Freediveuk
RIFFISC, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn Santa Clarita Valencia, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
We really appreciate you taking the time to share your experiences during your stay at our hotel. We want to personally apologize for any part of your experience at our hotel that did not meet your expectations. We do strive to provide all of our guests with the best quality service! We appreciate you taking the time out to provide us with feedback on your stay and we hope to see you here again soon.
Reviewed July 5, 2012

The staff and service here have been nothing short of excellent on a daily basis. Due to water damage in our home we had to relocate for 4 weeks, what could have turned out to be a very bad experience has turned into a mini vacation for us based solely on the staff that works here!! My husband, son, and I will always highly recommend this hotel to anyone in need of a room whether it be for a night or an extended stay! Thank you all so much for the excellent service!!

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank ValerieKSW
, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn Santa Clarita Valencia, responded to this review, July 6, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to send us a post about your experience! We hope that your home is fully repaired but you know you can always count on us to be your vacation home! We take great pride in our service and spend a lot of time ensuring that our staff is well trained and upholds the Marriott standards. Thank you once again and we hope to see you soon!
Santa Clarita, California
Reviewed June 14, 2012

As we are currently having our home renovated, our family has been living in this hotel for several months. All I can tell you, is that it is awesome. From the Manager, Sonia, to the staff (Kyle, Favi, Ian, Jeff, Tomas, Delene, Nacho, the great housekeepers and maintenance engineers), I will almost be sad to leave and feel like I am losing part of my family. They have gone out of their way to make both my boyfriend and I as well as our children feel welcome. There is a great free breakfast every day and free dinner 3 nights a week. In the evening we sit out by the pool with the great fire pit or relax in our room with the free wifi. I wish I could give them 10 stars!

Room Tip: We were on the 3rd Floor and liked it!
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
RIFFISC, Public Relations Manager at Residence Inn Santa Clarita Valencia, responded to this review, June 15, 2012
Thank you Danielle for your kind words! We are so happy to have you here, and we will be very sad to see you leave! We are like family here and appreciate our guests! We hope that your home is going through a beautiful renovation but you know you can always count on us to be your second home! Thank you once again!
Barrie, Canada
Reviewed May 8, 2012

I've been very fortunate to stay there 170 days over the past year and have experienced exceptional service with everything you need. The staff there have become my second family and treat everyone as if they are family as well. Always helpful, proactive and react quickly when things need to be done.
I work in the hospitality industry and look for the small details, which make the biggest difference for me. The accommodation and maintenance staff are always consistent and always on top of things that need to be done. From the smallest thing to when you need to change rooms, they are there to assist you in anyway. Plus, they are very friendly and personable always giving me smile.
The Front Desk team are always on top of things, making sure my favourite room is reserved to greeting me when I come through the lobby. It's nice to see there smiling faces everyday.
The morning and evening staff that provide service in the cafe' area are always first to greet you in the morning. It's not unusual to see them helping the kids and knowing there favourite foods and drinks.
I would suggest you get 3rd Floor looking East if you like to have the sun coming into your room when you open your blinds. I would highly recommend the Residence Inn.

Room Tip: 3rd Floor looking East.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Rononeil2000
RIFFISC, Public Relations Manager at Residence Inn Santa Clarita Valencia, responded to this review, May 10, 2012
We thank you so much for taking the time to let us know about your stay. We take great pride in our service and spend a lot of time ensuring that our staff is well trained and upholds the Marriott standards. Thank you for staying with us and hope to see you again!
Bakersfield, California
Reviewed May 5, 2012

I stay approximately 80 nights per year at the Residence Inn in Santa Clarita (work related) usually 3 to 4 nights at a time. Their staff is excellent and the amenities are perfect for someone like me. I can cook my own meals, whether in the room or the grill by the pool, as it gets pretty old eating out at restaraunts all the time (although there are many fine dining establishments in the area). The rooms are large and comfortable with full size aplliances in the kichen area that includes dinner ware, pots, pans etc. My wife joins me occasionally as do my grandchildren and they all enjoy the pool/spa area. The grandkids practically live in the pool when thay visit. It has become my home away from home. I have stayed at other hotels in the area but thay seem cramped and dark compared to the Residence Inn. A great place to stay especially if your traveling with family and they do accept pets (for a fee).

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank wjdunc
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience here at the Residence Inn. We enjoy having you stay with us! We look forward to many future stays!