“Its the Sauce”

Ranked #150 of 491 Restaurants in Santa Clarita
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Copper Hill Dr.
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Went last night for our anniversary which turned out to be owners as well. During the week reservations are not really needed but if for a special occasion call and ask for tables behind cashier area, is like a separate section. Quite simply this is the best Italian food in the area. It takes us all of two minutes to order. House Chianti for my wife and a glass of Peroni for me. Please bring the garlic knots right away and we will have two veal parmigiana entrees with angel hair pasta. If you are curious as size of portions go ahead and ask for a box and be polite when looking at dessert choices because I doubt you will have room. This is the best Italian food around. Saw a review for not getting an itemized bill and alittle confused, mine said 2 @18.99 ( 2 entrees $37.98) 2 @ 7.00 ( $14.00 chianti) and 1 at 5.00 for peroni plus tax = $62.26. Where is the confusion? Traveling to NY next week and will be eating out a lot and curious to compare.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

0 stars. Not an honorable establishment.

(1 star only because I was not allowed to post unless I clicked on it. )
I should have known when I did not receive an itemized receipt and had to manually calculate our total. Service a bit slow. Had to ask for refills on drinks. Server only took 3 plates at a time while we ate with dirty dishes on the table. Finally took soiled plates after another person brought our main meal however did not ask if we wanted a second glass of wine until meal was served.

Bella Cucina would not honor the Groupon special that I purchased for our "dinner". I have read this on two other special discounted sites as well. They claim it was due to the Fathers Day holiday. I read and re-read the terms of Groupon after returning home and there is no clause regarding this or any holiday except what is printed directly on the Groupon voucher. This was not mentioned only that Lunch was not allowed and we did make the required reservation except the restaurant may have only had two others couples in the entire place.

My $65 budget + tip for our 3pm "dinner" turned into a $110 final bill (I did add a tip for service even though I was not happy with Management not honoring our Groupon). My refund will only be $15 and does not even come close to a $30 deduction from our total tab. I WILL NOT RETURN.

DISHONORABLE ESTABLISHMENT FOR contracting with Groupon, Spreebird, etc. and not honoring on their end. False advertisement to get people to come in under again false pretenses.

1  Thank Brenda B
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Bella Cucina has a lot to offer -- most of the time! Patience is a virtue, and if they are busy you may have to wait a long time for service. Somehow it is worth the wait, since we go back frequently because we enjoy the food, and there is something about the small family restaurant atmosphere that is endearing. The food is excellent, but, If it is busy, sometimes the pasta is not quite al dente or when they bring the plate out it may not be hot, so it is best to come early or after the prime dinner seatng for the best food and service. The management has always been very gracious and they will immediatly warm the food or bring something else if you are not satisfied. Some of the best dishes we have had include the homemade Mushroom Ravioli with the rosa pink sauce; Chicken Picatta or Marsala, and the Pasta Bolognese (we like the llinguini or penne). The overall experience is warm and friendly, and the background music in Italian is old fashioned and it sort of transports one to a scene in a '50's film, "Three Coins in the Fountain" where the tourists throw three coins in the fountain to come back to Rome -- so we come back to Bella Cucina!

Reviewed December 11, 2012

First , this restaurant was located in Canyon Country in a very romantic little place that had a great warmth to it, I would say an authentic scene from an Italian movie. It has since moved to a new location on Seco Canyon Rd in Saugus. Can never re-capture its old atmosphere but still very comfy. Now lets get to what makes this my favorite place to eat. I am a NY transplant and its hard to find an equal to NY Italian food. In Santa Clarita as well as most places in CA there is no Shrimp Parmigiana on the menu, Veal or Chicken yes, but no Shrimp. I met Jay the owner about 4 yrs ago in there old place and shared that I am from NY and what I like. Long story short he makes it for me, pricey but worth it. My wife Barbara usually has the Veal or the Lobster Ravioli. What makes this place the best is the " Sauce", any NY,er will agree with this, everything starts here. The portions are a good size so go easy on the appetizers however here is what you will be asking seconds of " Garlic Knots" not garlic bread but knots. The prices are alittle high but normal for the food you will get here so make it a couple night and not a family night. The Veal Parm will cost you $18.99 however a generous portion and dont forget the knots My favorite food is seafood but if its going to be Italian, this is where I will be and I will be here this up coming weekend.

2  Thank Charlie V
Reviewed August 4, 2012

Wonderful family-run Italian restaurant, away from the many chain restaurants that have cropped up in Valencia/Santa Clarita over the years. Many favorites on the menu, including the Salmon risotto, Chicken Parmigiano, and the Mahi-mahi. Well worth it when Chilean sea bass is offered as a special. Lunch specials are available too. Service is attentive and friendly. If you are a local or just passing through the Santa Clarita Valley, it is worth a trip to this hidden gem.