“I thought we were the only ones that he tried to cheat”
Review of Persia Restaurant

Persia Restaurant
Ranked #343 of 488 Restaurants in Santa Clarita
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Persian, Grill
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery
Description: Persia Lounge & Restaurant With out side patio for Hookah
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Five of my employees and I had a dinner meeting there in March and celebrated a birthday. We all had drinks and that great wine. None of us had ever been there before and we came from Valencia because the birthday girl's husband had bought a coupon worth $15 dollars. We loved the food and decided we would do this once a month and bring our better halves next time. Being accountants and book keepers we checked over the bill. It was EXACTLY the same with us, overcharges, taxes done wrong, discount taken after taxes. I am still in shock, if they change hands and get an honest owner, we will all be back. The service was great and fast and I would have left over a 20% tip, but we were charge 18% automatically.
I agree with the last review, I might get food to go and check the prices, but this guy sucks.

Reviewed June 26, 2012

The food couldn't be better at this local place. The decor is also peaceful. It is an interesting cultural contribution to Santa Clarita. Its a little out of the way, and sometimes the energy is a little blah. It is located in a strip mall with a view of the parking lot, so I can't give it a top rating. But, you won't be disappointed if you're looking for delicious authentic Middle Eastern fare. My husband and I split our meals - portions are that large. Everything on the menu is simply wonderful.

Reviewed April 30, 2012

My wife and I, along with a couple friends, went to Persia in an effort to try something new and different. We enjoyed going here, but also found little things wrong, all over the place. The food was good, but not great. Perhaps one would say it was 'uneven'. The service was the same. At times the waitress was right on top of things, at other times, as more people arrived, it was obvious there were too many people for the wait-staff. The cost was a little high. I enjoyed the experience, but with so many restaurants in Santa Clarita, I haven't been back, and doubt I will go back. I enjoyed the meal and wouldn't mind going there again, I just won't go out of my way to go there.

1  Thank mrliterature
Reviewed March 27, 2012

I have gone to this restaurant many times. This is the only authentic Persian restaurant in the Santa Clarita valley. The prices are comparable with the Persian restaurants in the San Fernando Valley. The owner is usually there to greet you. The service is very good as is the food. The Barg is the best.

Reviewed February 6, 2012

"Are you related to the owner?" I asked our gracious server as she cleared our table at the end of our dinner.

"No", she said wistfully. "I am related to the food."

That helped put in context her passion for the food and her enthusiastic recommendations for us on a night when we were the only customers in Persia Restaurant during the ninety minutes during which we enjoyed a leisurely dinner there. We were surprised that this place didn't have a line of people waiting for tables, the food is so extraordinary and both the service and small dining room so charming.

Don't let the setting in an aging strip mall or the "all you can eat lunch buffet" sign outside discourage you. Because inside the doors of this restaurant you'll find fabulous food at fair prices, gracious service, a jewel-box intimate interior and background music perfectly paired to the setting.

This was one of the most enchanting dining experiences of recent memory. It was certainly one of the best meals of a recent month long vacation. In part that was because our server, the wonderful woman mentioned above, made it so through her recommendations and service.

The menu is authentic for foods of Iran and some items, like Fesenjan which is one of our favorite dishes, are not easily found elsewhere.

We started with the appetizer combination so we could try several of them. Although if we lived close enough to be regulars here, and we would be, we'd try them one at a time to allow enough appetite to try many other things on the menu too. The appetizer combination included among four excellent dishes, tahini rich hummous, mast-o-klar (yogurt, cucumbers and dry mint), the best parsley centric tabouleh we have ever had, and an excellent traditional Persian potato salad which was a dish new to us. (Note: There is a little container of sumac on every table and a little of this sprinkled on the hummous and potato salad both is a wonderful add.)

My husband had Fesenjan, made with chicken here although we have also had it made with lamb. A pomegranate, walnut braising sauce with shredded chicken and served with saffron basmati, it was lick the plate good but for the fact that we were both so full from the appetizer course.

The Albaloo Polo, a traditional sour cherry rice, that came with my dinner was outstanding. I am on the hunt for a recipe to try to recreate it at home given the roughly twelve hour drive from my front door to the restaurant makes it impossible for me to go in again and again, as I would like to, to eat this dish there.

A TIP: try the pomegranate wine! It comes both semi sweet and dry. I ordered a glass of the dry wine but our server encouraged me to taste both types first and brought me sample pours. She said her favorite way to enjoy this wine was blending the two together. I took her advice and had her blend it for me. It was wonderful, the restaurant imports it and I have never seen it anywhere else.

ANOTHER TIP: We hear they have belly dancing on Saturday nights, so whether that is a good thing or bad thing in your perspective as dinner entertainment, I pass that along so you can plan accordingly.

We had hoped to make our way back to Persia on the way home on the tail end of our vacation, but were unable to fit in a second stop here. If you live in the area or plan to visit Santa Clarita soon, we highly recommend Persia restaurant!