“a little home from home”
Review of Hotel E Real

Hotel E Real
Ranked #18 of 32 Hotels in Santa Clara
Reviewed February 16, 2014

how great it is to be welcomed after a 15h journey by a receptionist like RJ! A smile on his face and his enthusiasm makes you feel at home immediately. Clean, spacious rooms and a perfectly working wifi-internet connection. Thanks for the great week and hopefully cu next year.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
GuestRelationsDept, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel E Real, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2014

Thank you! It was an honor meeting and assisting you! We're honored to hear we are a "little place away from home". We'll see you next year!

There are newer reviews for Hotel E Real

Reviewed February 13, 2014

No honesty and no ethical treatments ,,, i don't recommend this place plus the taking advantages from the foreigners as they don't know the actual prices !!!! Really BAD
I stayed two weeks in this hotel and i preferred to clean my room by my own, only the receptionists in evening shift are nice
The Fridge in my room and my friend's room like not working properly

• Stayed: February 2014
GuestRelationsDept, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel E Real, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2014

Our Guest,

I find it very impractical that you state "taking advantages from the foreigners as they don't know the actual prices" - when in all actual reality, we know exactly what you are trying to refer to.
Out of kindness, here is the specific details. You smoked in your room, which was made very clear as to being a NON-smoking room. Upon check-in, when you sign your Folio Form - you are agreeing to the $150+ damage fee (which are also posted in the rooms.) That being stated, you were charged for smoking, as any Guest would. Never would a ' random foreigner be taken advantage of ' and I have you note, that is a strict fact from EVERYONE here at Vagabond Inn Santa Clara

We treat every Guest 100% equal. So we chose to disregard that personal statement regarding being a foreigner. I apologize you felt targeted. We take pride in our rooms and establishment - breaking hotel rules won't be tolerated from us. There's always 2 sides to a story, but we thank you for sharing your personal feelings.

It is my pleasure
to take this opportunity
I have been given
to be able to voice my opionion
and describe to you
my experience
with an employee
who is called RJ
at the Vagabond Inn
in Santa Clara on 02/08/2014
This experience
not only blew me away
but seriously......touched me and moved me
In ways that I want to share with you
Because In the brief encounter I had with RJ
He was able to do for me and give to me
Something No one else had
This perfect Stanger
Behind the counter
An employee who was more than that to me
RJ went above and beyound
In his job to take the time to take things one step further than was expected of him or a part of his job description
He not only provided me and my Best Friend
with the most nicest and careing manner and service
But he did his job with so much genuine
kindness and concern for our happyness and satisfaction
that he was able to dial in to the mood I was in
That I was so carefully trying to hide and disquise
But he saw right thru it and gave me some sweet words of wisdom and showed true concern for my sadness and as I was about to walk away and leave he asked me to wait one minute as he went into another room and suddenly came out with this little bag in his hand and handed it to me and told me he would be hopeing for me to feel better soon and I was so shocked by his act of sincerety and kindness that I began to cry and in that brief encounter I had with RJ my world began to shine and I was able to come out of the darkness I was so lost in and found my way to a place of hope and recovery that changed me so possitively that I will never ever forget the employee called RJ who works at the Vagabond who was more than a wonderful cheerful dedicated and into his job and the customers 150% but he adds something that you rarely see and that is he also puts his heart into what he does and I am so greatful to him and the fact that there are still people around who I call 1% ers cause they are down for the Undying Cause of being a really good person and because that is ultimately their priority Like RJ truely ROCK and SHINE......Thank you RJ so much You are the best employee Ever and you made a difference in my life and I am so greatful cause what you didnt know was my heart had been very seriously broken and betrayed and I was loosing my way but because of you I found it....thank you....you made our stay here at the Vagabond unforgetable.

Room Tip: Everything was awesome just need the coke machine to work
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Danna J
GuestRelationsDept, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel E Real, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2014

WOW - your review is beyond an absolute honor to hear. Thank you so very much for taking the time out of your day to write a review. We are always looking for more ways to impress out Guests - and it looks like we did just that. I am honored beyond words!

The warmest regards,

Reviewed February 8, 2014

Warm and comforting staff. Spacious room, quiet location, full cable access. Clean room. And awesome breakfast. Would most definitely recommend this hotel anytime. My kids feel like they're on vacation.

• Stayed: February 2014
GuestRelationsDept, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel E Real, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2014

We're so happy you and your kids love it! It IS like being in Heaven here! We love when our Guests love our hotel as much as we do! Hope to see you soon,

Reviewed February 8, 2014

The room was clean and comfortable. I was a women traveling alone and felt safe, even when I returned to my room after dark. The parking lot was well lit. The price was very fair in an over priced area. The women at the check in counter was extremely friendly and helpful. There was access to a gym, which is important to me. They had a continental breakfast that was adequate. My personal preference would have included bananas and muffins. Since I have family in the area I will be staying there often.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family

So glad to hear you'll be back and thank you so much for the outstanding review!

Reviewed February 2, 2014

My stay at the Vagabond really exceeded my expectations, and I'm very happy that I made the decision to book with them. The staff is extremely professional, courteous, and really represent the Vagabond Inn the way every hotel staff should. We were assisted by RJ, who really went above and beyond to make sure that we were settled in our room, after a very trying and negative experience with another hotel. RJ did what he needed to do in order to provide outstanding customer service. The rooms are clean and neat, and have everything that you need to have a comfortable stay. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone and I will be returning again. Thank you RJ

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank HotelGrader
GuestRelationsDept, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel E Real, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2014

Aiming for above and beyond for our Guests is our #1 GOAL! TO hear I did just that satisfies me. Thank you with all my heart for the beautiful review!

Hope to see you again,

Reviewed January 31, 2014

I moved away from the area a few months ago and we just went back for a visit and chose to stay here because you couldn't beat the price for the location. Upon arriving in our old town and visiting my old old and stomping grounds, I was in a mess of tears and then had to go check in. I was so embarrassed but had three kids with me that I needed to get into bed so couldn't wait until my eyes dried up. RJ was at the front desk and was just what the doctor ordered. Oprah couldn't have handled the situation better. He was more than a front desk guy checking me in, he was a listening ear and compassionate to this crazy lady who suddenly had three kids coming in the door one by one like a circus act. He was SO sweet and helped sort out a room issue. Because I'd booked through a different website it didn't tell them what size bed/s I'd requested so they had me in a smoking king room. He was able to work his magic and get me into a non-smoking room on the corner with three queens. That made the weekend much more comfortable and I was sad I didn't get to see him again to tell him thanks for being a shoulder to cry on when I needed it and was great to work out the room situation promptly as I had kids that urgently needed to use the restroom. Thanks again!!!

For the hotel itself: What is nice about this place is that they want to be accessible to everyone and they cater to a lot of construction teams. The parking was trickier b/c several of their trucks took up two spots and they were all taken by the time we checked in (we were the last ones of the night). Also at night, several men were hanging out outside on the balcony, shirts off, smoking and drinking, close to our room (kind of all over) that made me a little uncomfortable being alone with my kids.

Plus side is that they had a little continental breakfast that I wasn't expecting. It was sparse, but very nice to have something.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family

WOW - I'm at a loss of words to be compared to Oprah! Thank you so much for the most amazing review. I'm so glad I was able to assist you in a time of need. Vagabond Inn is full with amazing front Desk Agents who have huge hearts to take care of out Guests and go above and beyond. I'm truly thankful for your comment.

On another note - regarding the guys outside their rooms. It's a shame you didn't call us at the front desk! We would have immediately took care of the issue - as our Guests are NEVER to feel uncomfortable. We don't take these issues lightly.

Take care, and we hope you come again soon,

REGARDS,

#4 of 33 in Sunnyvale
Biltmore Hotel & Suites
Biltmore Hotel & Suites
#10 of 32 in Santa Clara

Been to Hotel E Real? Share your experiences!