“A Quick Visit”

Ranked #18 of 32 Hotels in Santa Clara
King City, California
“A Quick Visit”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2014

The room was clean and comfortable. I was a women traveling alone and felt safe, even when I returned to my room after dark. The parking lot was well lit. The price was very fair in an over priced area. The women at the check in counter was extremely friendly and helpful. There was access to a gym, which is important to me. They had a continental breakfast that was adequate. My personal preference would have included bananas and muffins. Since I have family in the area I will be staying there often.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
GuestRelationsDept, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel E Real, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
So glad to hear you'll be back and thank you so much for the outstanding review!

Regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Santa Clara, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2014

My stay at the Vagabond really exceeded my expectations, and I'm very happy that I made the decision to book with them. The staff is extremely professional, courteous, and really represent the Vagabond Inn the way every hotel staff should. We were assisted by RJ, who really went above and beyond to make sure that we were settled in our room, after a very trying and negative experience with another hotel. RJ did what he needed to do in order to provide outstanding customer service. The rooms are clean and neat, and have everything that you need to have a comfortable stay. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone and I will be returning again. Thank you RJ

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank HotelGrader
GuestRelationsDept, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel E Real, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
Aiming for above and beyond for our Guests is our #1 GOAL! TO hear I did just that satisfies me. Thank you with all my heart for the beautiful review!

Hope to see you again,

Bangkok, Thailand
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2014

I moved away from the area a few months ago and we just went back for a visit and chose to stay here because you couldn't beat the price for the location. Upon arriving in our old town and visiting my old old and stomping grounds, I was in a mess of tears and then had to go check in. I was so embarrassed but had three kids with me that I needed to get into bed so couldn't wait until my eyes dried up. RJ was at the front desk and was just what the doctor ordered. Oprah couldn't have handled the situation better. He was more than a front desk guy checking me in, he was a listening ear and compassionate to this crazy lady who suddenly had three kids coming in the door one by one like a circus act. He was SO sweet and helped sort out a room issue. Because I'd booked through a different website it didn't tell them what size bed/s I'd requested so they had me in a smoking king room. He was able to work his magic and get me into a non-smoking room on the corner with three queens. That made the weekend much more comfortable and I was sad I didn't get to see him again to tell him thanks for being a shoulder to cry on when I needed it and was great to work out the room situation promptly as I had kids that urgently needed to use the restroom. Thanks again!!!

For the hotel itself: What is nice about this place is that they want to be accessible to everyone and they cater to a lot of construction teams. The parking was trickier b/c several of their trucks took up two spots and they were all taken by the time we checked in (we were the last ones of the night). Also at night, several men were hanging out outside on the balcony, shirts off, smoking and drinking, close to our room (kind of all over) that made me a little uncomfortable being alone with my kids.

Plus side is that they had a little continental breakfast that I wasn't expecting. It was sparse, but very nice to have something.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
WOW - I'm at a loss of words to be compared to Oprah! Thank you so much for the most amazing review. I'm so glad I was able to assist you in a time of need. Vagabond Inn is full with amazing front Desk Agents who have huge hearts to take care of out Guests and go above and beyond. I'm truly thankful for your comment.

On another note - regarding the guys outside their rooms. It's a shame you didn't call us at the front desk! We would have immediately took care of the issue - as our Guests are NEVER to feel uncomfortable. We don't take these issues lightly.

Take care, and we hope you come again soon,

REGARDS,
Missoula, Montana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2014

love the in room fridge microwave coffee maker ironing board tv - comfy bed! I enjoyed breakfast (dont expect omlettes) but good for the price

only issue i had was the group above me. They were loud but i had earplugs

the guy at the front desk was bubbly and welcoming (i think his name was RJ) and the checkout gal was nice too (i think she said her name was roseanne)

Pretty haapy

• Stayed January 2014
We're so glad you loved our amenities! And thank you for the gracious compliments! We're so happy for the amazing 5-star review. Hope you stay with us again soon,

Regards!
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2014

My husband isn't the "computer tech" type like I am, so I wanted to write a review in regards to his stays at this place.

Over-all, he loves it. His life-long friends/co-workers stay at this hotel for months at a time. It's hard for me to see him gone all the time - but I know he's in good hands. He calls me everynight which is good :) LOL.

I know that he loves how much the front desk people take care of him. In particular rj. He raves about this kid - whom I've spoken to before and is great.

The breakfast is simple and nice. My husband loves his coffee!! And a nice breakfast suffices him.

He 'rooms' with another worker and they love the room. The beds are apparently really large and come with a microwave, fridge, coffeemaker, ironing board and all that stuff. If the guys ever need more towels or blankets or pillows - rj usually brings them more.

I've seen the outside of the property - it's nice and very certrally located. Thanks hotel Vagabond for taking care of my husband!

Room Tip: Room with a buddy. It might cost more-buut you can always split it.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Our Guest,

We are extremely happy you took the time to write a review for your husband! I'm estatic that he knows I (as well as the entire staff!) will always take care of him with extra pillows and blankets. It's awesome that we cater to your husband's every need. We always are happy to assist our Guests in any way we can.

Cheers!

San Jose, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2014

We recently stayed at the vagabond for over a week. We enjoyed that is was located near so many interesting things. The room was quiet and clean. The front desk staff was very friendly. We found RJ to be especially helpful and really made our stay special. Thank you vagabond.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Our Valued Guest,

Wow - thank you sincerely for the great review. It's a pleasure to hear I was amazing for your service. As you stated - yes, we are close to so many great places, restaurants, shops..etc. Glad our rooms were cozy and quiet and suited your needs! We hope you stay with us again soon!

Santa Barbara, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2014 via mobile

My company books me at a hotel 5 times a year. I've stayed at all hotels you can think of. About a week ago I stayed at this hotel for the first time.

Staff: RJ was incredible. He checked me in. Informed me of everything I needed to know about my stay. Gave me a restaurant idea (which was superb!) and overall made me feel over-the-top welcome.

Housekeeping: impeccable.

Room: great!!! Warm and cozy. Fridge microwave ironing board. Nice heat.

Breakfast: yummy and to the point.

Area: location is perfect!

Overall: I will request to return here.

Good job Vagabond. I loved it.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Joannejojo7
GuestRelationsDept, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel E Real, responded to this review, January 18, 2014
Our Valued Guest,

We are so happy to hear your stay was 5 STARS! I, personally, am honored to hear I was great service to you!

Hope to see you again soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Santa Clara
Hilton Santa Clara
#1 of 32 in Santa Clara
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,221 reviews
Wild Palms Hotel - a Joie de Vivre Hotel

Been to Hotel E Real? Share your experiences!