Stayed 2 nights on a recent visit to family and chose this property due to its proximity to local family.
The room has everything you need - a multitude of electrical outlets, phone/ipod jacks, couch & chair, plus a rolling table/desk with desk chair -- nice to use for work or to roll over to the seating area. There is a good size refrigerator with a microwave.
The bathroom is spacious, but there are a few things that I found a little odd/difficult. The hairdryer is mounted on the left side, right next to the toilet. The cord on the hairdryer is so short that you have to wedge yourself in-between the toilet and the mirror to dry your hair and even then it's almost impossible to stretch the cord enough to move the hairdryer around --- it would be much better if was mounted on the other side. Also, no place to put soap in the shower, so you have to stack everything (soap, shampoo, conditioner, etc) on the ledge of the tub. Kind of awkward and not very convenient.
The breakfast offerings in the great room cover a wide range --- from eggs, sausage, bacon, toast, bagels, muffins, cold cereal, pancakes - to yogurt, hard boiled eggs, etc. One problem we encountered is that several of the small cartons of milk were spoiled --- which we discovered after we poured them on the cereal. Best guess is that someone left them sitting out and they were replaced in the cooler. Note to self --- always take the milk from the back of the cooler!
Free wi-fi in the guest rooms is very nice; easy to log into and speed of service was very good. I did have to log into the system each time I returned to the hotel, though; not a big deal. Front desk staff was very friendly; property was clean and quiet (I did have a room on the back side of the hotel, off of the busy street). Did not have a chance to use the fitness center or have any need for the two computers located in the business center portion of the great room, but nice to have available. Overall, very nice property with all the amenities needed for my trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to our new and fresh Holiday Inn Express & Suites Santa Clara-Silicon Valley. Our stylish and sophisticated hotel features 97 studio suites thoughtfully designed with the business and leisure traveler in mind offering complimentary business and fitness center and complimentary hot breakfast! We are in the Silicon Valley centrally located in Santa Clara near the Santa Clara/San Jose Convention Center and only a few miles from San Jose Airport. Local businesses include Santa Clara University, Google, Cisco Systems, Intel, Yahoo, AMD and Applied Materials. Santana Row offers dining and shopping variety. Don't forget to visit California Great America and Winchester Mystery House. Our distinctive lodging is an urban retreat for everyday travelers seeking modern convenience mixed with warm, casual California ambiance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, IHG, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel Santa Clara
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites
- Hawthorn Suites Santa Clara
- Santa Clara Hawthorn Suites