“good location, average service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites
Ranked #8 of 33 Hotels in Santa Clara
Bangkok
“good location, average service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

got there late in the night - the front girl was eager to finish my registration and did not tell me i have a package waiting for me. but during the following days, staff was nicer
i also asked her to pay in cash instead of the express checkout bill charged on the credit card they put under the door in the last night of stay but i did get the credit card charged bill anyway
but thats not a major thing to complain about
only thing about this hotel and most of holiday inn i've been to is the pillow quality. the pillows are synthetic and do not "remember" the shape of the head. changing all pillows for hotel is quite an expense and for the price you pay i would not expect to get a real geese pillow but its just a thought

• 3 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Helsinki
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

Good hotel with friendly staff. Breakfast is good for US standard. Easy parking on the side of the hotel. Room was clean on arrival.Make sure you get a room on the 2nd or 3rd floor, as the car lights might disturb you on ground level.

Room Tip: Try to get a room away from the street (i.e. towards pool) and not on the first floor (car lights/ d...
La Crescenta, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

I like this place. It's the usual place where I stay when I'm in the 'Valley on business. The rooms are clean and spacious, and the bathrooms have always had good showers. The beds are great and I always get a good night's sleep.

The breakfast is always the same, but that's a good thing since there is always a good variety out. They have real silverware and plates, not just the usual plastic disposables that you get at most hotels.

The only reason I'm not giving it 5 star is that they seem to often a four night stay minimum and I often only want to stay for three nights. At my last visit the hot tub was closed as well.

Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

We visited Santa Clara for business and pleasure and decided to stay here. It's a great location, lots of restaurant around. Love the breakfast! You can easily skip your lunch. Ample parking, cleanliness, friendly staff and overall feel like home. Room has microwave and refrigerator, which is great for long-term stay, as we stayed more than 3 weeks. Highly recommend and definitely will stay in future.

Room Tip: Choose top floor, Hotel have elevator, also pool side to avoid road side noise.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
San Jose, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Good rooms still but customer service is slowly going down. My biggest complaint is always room placement. I always get put in an exterior room next to the elevator. This time I called before hand and asked for an early check in. Once again they put me near the elevator and I had to ask for a room change - they said they would move me. When I checked in I asked the desk clerk if it was a good room. Elsa, the clerk, said it was a good room in the back. It was room 325 right on the San Tomas Expressway side. Was not a good room and it was noisy throughout the night.

Staff seems to be going down in regards to service as well. I've always loved talking to the staff at check in/out but this time it was more of a hassle for them to stop what they were doing to help me. Asked for shampoo and a razor and waited 20 minutes - nothing ever came. Maintenance needs to be done throughout the property as it is showing its age now. With multiple security cameras around the property and two in each hallway, doorway, etc, wondering how safe it is now.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the El Camino side and an interior entrance room! Be careful because the low numbe...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Dear jkhotels,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit at our hotel. We are sincerely sorry to read about your negative experience over the unsatisfactory service you received from the staff. Rest assured that your comments will be looked into and take actions accordingly. Despite your disappointment I do hope you will return to stay with us again at some future date when you can be assured of our very best attention. We would welcome the opportunity to serve you again.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
AUBURN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

We visit the Bay Area a number of times a year to see the family. This hotel is situated in a great spot for us. Nice safe area, close to road arteries to get us quickly to our destinations, in addition to being a very comfortable place to "catch our breath". A very friendly staff and neat clean rooms, with large flat screen TV's. And the breakfast do a lot to get you started for the day. Didn't use the pool, but it looked great, as did the exercise room. You get a lot for your money here.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the San Tomas Expressway side of the hotel.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Santa Fe Springs, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

Let me first says that my room was nice and large, and first impression was positive. Then I turned on the TV (they have direct TV). Played with it for a few minutes and I thought it was my low tech sensibility. After several minutes I phoned the front desk to ask if someone could show me how the TV functions work. After 3 calls from the room phone (within 45 miniutes) and nobody picking up I tried calling from my cell phone. They picked up right away, so naturally I explained I thought my room phone might not be connected properly. She said no, she just got off the phone with someone else. Hmmmm. Right away they said they just installed the new system and all I have to do is unplug the TV and it would reset. After about 6, 7 minutes it reboots and then worked fine. Not their time, but I think they should let the guests know about this at check in. Or better yet, they should reset the TV since we're renting the room. Later that evening the room seemed very cold so I tried to adjust the thermostat. Another hi tech feature, but not so convenient for low tech visitors like myself. I didn't feel like talking to the front desk anymore, so I just slept in a cold room. Lastly, I printed out my boarding pass from the downstairs printer near the guest eating area.That printer does not print the entire page, so the scan portion was not on my boarding pass. Since it wouldn't scan, I had to reprint at the airport, on a tight schedule. Not convenient. Sorry HI Express, not such a pleasant experience. I will not be back.

Room Tip: Oh yeah, I forgot to mention you can hear the street traffic loud and clear, even from the 3rd floor...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business