“good breakfast and nice location”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites
Ranked #11 of 32 Hotels in Santa Clara
Shanghai, China
“good breakfast and nice location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2011

The yoguat is fresh and there are lots of delicious food for your breakfast. The room is large enough . Free parking but little noisy in the morning. the swimming pool looks good but we dont have time to enjoy it , neither is the Gym room. Nice staff.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Burbank, CA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2011

I'm kind of flummoxed at the glowing reviews for this middle of the road, flop house. Okay, the somewhat shiny exterior seems to elude to the fact that this may be an acceptable business person hotel. But if this is the best that Santa Clara has to offer, then send me elsewhere, please. Granted, I probably had the worst room in the hotel, bottom floor, lovely shot of the gate and the pool, with a glimpse of the parking lot. But what it really comes down to here is service and offerings. As soon as I saw my room, and I knew I was going to be there for a week, I called the front desk to switch rooms. "I'm sorry, that's the only deluxe spa room we have" Okay, well then can I get something that is not so deluxe? "We can move you to the room next door" Never-mind... Flash forward to the "free" breakfast the next morning. I was actually surprised at the selection, eggs, bacon, cereal, yogurt etc. However, I honestly almost gagged on the eggs. The bacon was sliced so thin, that it floated to my plate, and was that horrible, cheap chewy stuff you see when breakfast is free... and every piece of bread, bagel and english muffin was stale. Someone should alert the staff that knocking on the door is the appropriate behavior before entering a room. The maid never knocked, she just strolled in and looked at me somewhat dumbfounded....The room itself looks nice enough, I mean I've stayed in much worst places, but i have to say something to the poor folks who read the reviews of this place and think its going to be something special. IT'S NOT. They've equipped the room with the absolute cheapest amenities they could find, so believe me, This is nothing special...Well, unless you're looking for a hooker. Yes, I was confronted on my way from my car to the hotel back door, by a hooker. Spend the extra money and go to the Embassy Suites, not a whole lot better, but certainly better.

1 Thank MrMagicFish
Huntsville, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2011

This was my second time staying here while on business. From the moment you're greeted till you leave, you are treated wonderfully. There are many other hotels closer to my company than this one, but I do not hesitate to drive the extra miles just so I can stay here. The rooms are very nice and the breakfast is awesome. I love all the varieties of coffee creamer. :)
Keep up the good work!!

Guadalajara, Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2011

Very good location, facility was clean and good, room clean and quiet, the front desk staff was very friendly and helpful, appreciate the gift bottle of watere.
Unfortunately I experience 2 problems, there was no hot water in my room and the front desk did not provide a copy of my bill. I stayed only for one day and the breakfast was not so good.

Reno, Nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2011

Excellent location, property was clean and breakfast was good. Room was clean and quiet. Front desk staff was helpful and very courteous. The gift bottle of water was nice. The exercise facility was up to date, the equipment operating correctly and was clean.
The only problem was when checking out the front desk would not provide a copy of my bill showing any further charges (this was a rewards night stay). I called HI customer service and was assured I would get an email with a copy but received this email requesting a review.

Room Tip: Ask for room in back by back entrance.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
Redding, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2011

Wasn't sure what to expect, not familiar with the area and havn't always had the best experiences at Holiday Inns... However this one was great! Rooms were very nice, spacious and clean. They have a lot to offer for breakfast which was nice. (more than just cold cereal) We will be staying there again!

Santa Clara, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2011

I stayed a few Holiday Inn properties in the south bay area in the past year and this hotel is one of the best ones. The hotel location is pretty good and close to the business area. It is renovated and very clean. We stayed more than a week in this hotel and are very satisfied. There were a few small problems during our stay but the hotel staff handled them very quickly. The only real complaint we have is that we didn't get bath room products refills (shampoo, conditioners, soaps,) very often. We thought we would have them everyday but we didn't. So one time I have to call the front desk to get some. But overall we are pleased with the stay and we would recommend it!

Room Tip: King suites is the bigger room compared to others
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family