“Charmed”

Ranked #2 of 430 Restaurants in Santa Clara
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Our second restaurant, opened in 1979 in the heart of the Silicon Valley, has been as popular with local residents as it has with the business crowd. A comfortable and spacious cocktail bar adds to the energetic atmosphere of this casual dining restaurant. Be sure to arrive early for the counter seats at the oyster bar, as they fill up quickly.
Vancouver
“Charmed”
Reviewed January 12, 2014

Thank you Charmy for the wonderful service. ( I had to ask the hostess a few times to get the name right)
Really, the food is good here, tasty, looks good, reasonably priced. The highlight for us, was the impeccable service. We are not big eaters and we don't drink, so sometimes we get the half hearted service , but not here. I absolutely was charmed by Charmy! She's a real asset to the business.
( wouldn't hurt the hostess to smile, poor girl seemed so bored and put out to be there, I wondered if it was a family run business and she was forced to work there! )

• Visited January 2014

• Korean first
Santa Clara, California
“The Fish Market!”
Reviewed January 9, 2014

I have been going to The Fish Market for many years. Sometimes we dine-in from the menu or take home some clam chowder and sourdough bread. They also have a seafood counter where you can order smoked or raw seafood to take home and prepare yourself.

Food: Really good, fresh seafood. My favorites, clam chowder, panko prawns, salmon.

Service: Friendly, professional, helpful.

Atmosphere: Busy, a little noisy at times, nautical motif.

Best places to sit: My favorite is sitting at the oyster bar where you can sit and chat with others, watch the cooks prepare appetizers, order anything off the menu or let the cook create something for you. My second favorite place is one of four tables in a little enclosed breezeway between the bar and the main dining area where its a little quieter. An then there is the bar area, where you can also order anything off the menu. The main dining area is fine but I like the feel of these other areas more.

• Visited November 2013
San Jose, California
“Dinner at the bar ...”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

We always stay at the bar for dinner since table wait is too long. The guys at the bar are efficient and nice. We needed to see a movie and told the guys and they were very helpful.

Plus, you can also watch how your food is being cooked - I love watching!

• Visited December 2013
Tel Aviv, Israel
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Love this place”
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Great food, good beer, nice atmosphere and enough parking - what else can you ask for? I go there every time I am in the area.

• Visited November 2013
California
“Good food, despite other issues”
Reviewed December 26, 2013

Eating out is a crazy time in December. Despite making reservations earlier in the week, there were no reservations when we arrived. The desk tried to accommodate, seating us after a 15 minute wait. After the initial drink orders/delivery and a lengthy wait, we had to ask for a waiter to take our food order. The food quality was enjoyed by all at the table. While we had assumed that the nose level would be moderate in our corner area, our conversation time was pierced regualrly by a shrieking baby at the next table with disconnected parents. Lesson learned: NEVER accept a table next to one with a baby.

The food was of a higher level than our experience on this evening. However,if you enjoy seafood, I would suggest a try.

• Visited December 2013