“Big Portions (mostly), Haphazard Service”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Country Inn Cafe - CLOSED

Country Inn Cafe
Dining options: Waitstaff
Dining options: Waitstaff
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Big Portions (mostly), Haphazard Service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2012

Restaurant owners please note: floor in ladies room is gross--sticky and obviously not given anything more than a superficial mopping in a long time.
Now for the reason that most people go to a restaurant...My family met up here for a Sunday morning breakfast. On the plus side: the Swedish pancakes really are delicious. Next time, I'd order them, along with a glass of OJ and be done with it. Instead, I ordered corned beef hash with eggs. I suppose I was hoping for corned beef hash like you get at Mama's Royal Cafe in Oakland. Wrong. It was canned. But there sure was a lot of it. Along with a mountain of hash browns and the pancakes, it was a carbohydrate festival. Aside from the pancakes, nothing stood out.
The service was strange. It did not appear that we had a server assigned to our table. It was a matter of flagging down anyone who was nearby. The first person in our party to arrive ordered a small OJ. She got a very small OJ. A bit later, I ordered a small OJ and got a glass that was easily twice the size of the first "small" serving. By the time we were ready to leave there was a long line of people waiting. None of the servers were interested in processing our credit card. We finally gave up and went in search of someone who could take our money. I wouldn't hurry back.

• Visited January 2012

Sunnyvale, California, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Solid American in Silicon Valley”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2011

The attentive, friendly staff keeps your coffee and water filled without fuss. You can almost immediately catch their eye when you need something. (Best in the mornings and early afternoons - after dinner everyone's tired.) The food is nicely varied and served exactly as asked for. Breakfast scrambles are filling and tasty, and the Swedish pancakes (with flavored butter) are excellent. Dinners are basic but nicely done with a good variety of excellent soups. It's obviously a family chain - I've been to the Saratoga branch as well - and is handled well.

The only problem I have is with the compressor on the cooler, near the back of the room. It's annoyingly noisy if you are seated next to it. The decor is acceptable, with lots of family pictures and otherwise nondescript but clean furniture. I've been there many times, and even call ahead for take-out occasionally. So long as they maintain their standards, I'll be back again and again.

• Visited November 2011
Medford, Oregon
“Food was wonderful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2011

Had breakfast hear with family. I had a Denver Omelet and it was wonderful. Very fluffy and good size. There is nothing fancy about the restaurant, but as for as traditional breakfast restaurants go, this one had great tasting food. .

• Visited August 2011
Santa Clara, California
“Great food & service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2011

Went to the Country Inn for breakfast meeting. Had great service and was seated by friendly waitress. Food was served hot and tasty. Would come back and refer others to this place. Even got to meet the owner as I paid.. Very nice people who take care of the customers!

• Visited July 2011
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Good place for breakfast.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2008

Good place for breakfast.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook