“Average experience, good variety of food though”
Review of Bombay Garden

Bombay Garden
Ranked #208 of 438 Restaurants in Santa Clara
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed December 31, 2012

We had their buffet dinner yesterday. They have a good selection of veg and non veg items in the buffet and you won't feel that there should have been more variety. All dishes are core Indian dishes and look wise they definitely remind us on India. Taste? not so real Indian... Food looks adapted to the culture here and doesn't give the feeling of real Indian taste. I am trying out many restaurants in bay area but have found only a few that serve proper Indian food. This one is a average experience in terms of taste, but good for the ambiance and the management. Its a bit pricy as well. 14 $ per head, seems a little high to me.

There are newer reviews for Bombay Garden

Reviewed November 23, 2012

Despite the high prices, we did not see much varieties on vegetarian dishes. The food was cold and not much of taste as expected. When I first had my lunch with an american friend back in 2008, the food was fantastic, however its no longer the same. I can blame it on the cook.

2  Thank Vimasrini
Reviewed November 10, 2012

We love the food at Bombay Gardens, but we can't figure out the toad-like personality of the staff/management. They seem like they hate it there and hate their customers. We were told by a waiter to pay the tip in cash because the owner refuses to give them their tips if they are added to credit card transactions. The staff address my husband, never me as a woman. In fact, they ignore anything I say and seem really uncomfortable all around. However, we like the food enough to over look all that weirdness. The buffet is terrific and there are plenty of vegetarian options (thank you). The decor is interesting, and there is plenty of free parking.

1  Thank Truckee1
Reviewed August 22, 2012

I'm from Bombay, and when found out that there's a restaurant in the Silicon Valley called 'Bombay Garden', I was quite tempted to give it a shot. The buffet was really elaborate, but none of the dishes were going alongside my gustatory anticipation of a restaurant from Bombay.

The dishes were not suited for the diet-conscious or even health-conscious pursuits, as oil was oozing out when tried to create the fundamental Indian amalgam of roti and sabzi, realizing that it was not roti, but the Bhatura - a deep fried flour bread.

They did offer a naan basket on the side, which had naans which tasted like you've been forced to eat raw white chicken.

Sorry, I didn't enjoy even a single dish. The deserts were strictly okay - the halwa was really good - to end this review on a sweet note.

1  Thank cloudbadal
Reviewed August 14, 2012

My wife and me visited the restaurant, We were amazed to see the variety of food in the dinner buffet. The price for sunday buffet is cheap too - $13.99. But the taste of the food and the quality was above average. Though i liked the gajjar ka halwa and south indian dishes.