“Great service, great stay”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Santa Clara
Ranked #6 of 32 Hotels in Santa Clara
Santa Clara, California
“Great service, great stay”
Reviewed June 6, 2014 via mobile

I had a wonderful stay at this hotel due to the service and helpful employees (Tony, Angie, Maggie excellent service ) and the breakfast was great..thankyou..I will definitely reccomend this hotel to family and friends

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Britney M, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Santa Clara, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Thank you so much for choosing our hotel while visiting the Santa Clara area. It's wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that Tony, Angie and Maggie were able to provide you with excellent service. We hope to see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Palo Alto, California
Reviewed June 5, 2014 via mobile

I had a wonderful stay there The staff there was very kind to me an my guess the answer to every question I had and welcome me back with open arms I want to say thank you to Maggie, Anthony ,Miguel and Angie them are the ones that help me

Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Britney M, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Santa Clara, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
Thank you so much for such a great review! I am so happy to hear that you were pleased with our Staff and that they were able to help you with all of your questions. I will absolutely pass along your thanks to the team and we hope to see you back very soon!
Hampton, Virginia
Reviewed June 5, 2014

This was another trip on the road again. We travelled to Santa Clara mainly to provide the youth an opportunity to visit Stanford University and enjoy a day at Great America. Overall, the youth had a wonderful time! We also visited the Rose Garden; in which I would highly recommend. The Rose Garden was well mantained, refreshing and beautiful!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. It is great to hear the you all enjoyed your stay and that you were able to take full advantage of our local attractions. We greatly appreciate your feedback and hope to see you on your next road trip!
Santa Clara, United States
Reviewed June 3, 2014

I will not be coming back. The evening reception's snacks weren't covered. People sneezed all over the not so fresh chips and salsa, or veggies. The pool was not clean, and they let people bring their babies in without swimmers diapers. I found mold in the shower/tub and it's courtain. They never came to fix my AC... even though I called twice. I will not be back. The only thing worth it was the breakfast.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you so much for your review of your stay. We certainly understand that you have a choice on where to stay and sincerely apologize that you experienced a few issues during your stay. We appreciate your feedback and can assure you that we will be using this example as a training tool with our staff. I will make sure that we look into why your AC was not looked at and will certainly address the cleanliness issues with our housekeeping department. We greatly appreciate your business and hope you will stay with us again soon.
Milpitas, California
Reviewed June 2, 2014

Nice to go to if you are going to great America. Great food clean room helpful people.. It was fun to look out over the town. A nice place for family, couples, family friends .. the bar tinder was soooo nice.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Britney M, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Santa Clara, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Hello Janice,
Thank you for such a great review! I am glad to hear we were able to meet your expectations and you were pleased with our Bartender. It is always great to hear such positive feedback about our staff. Please come back to visit us soon!
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed May 30, 2014

Clean, good location close to most of the major employers in the area. The staff on the property were all very friendly and helpful. Check in and out was fast and efficient. I dont know how many characters this is but there should be a counter so you know when you have said enough.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Britney M, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Santa Clara, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Thank you Gary for taking the time to review our hotel. I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and that our staff was friendly and helpful. Thank you again and we hope to see you back soon!
Chicago
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I stayed at the Embassy Suites Santa Clara in May for a few days while on a business trip. I paid close to $350 per night for my room. I thought that rate was a bit exorbitant, but there must have been some tradeshow, conference or something going on as rooms in the area were scarce. The hotel itself is dated. I mean DATED. BUT, the staff were very friendly and the room was clean, and of course, like every other Embassy Suites, it was very spacious. I think, however, the rooms could use some updating. The bathroom was very small but had everything I needed.

They do charge $10 per night for parking, which I found annoying. When I pressed the management about this, they told me it was because the nightclub that shares their parking lot started serving dinner so they have to charge the hotel guests for parking in order to give them a slip of paper for the car. That way, they can ensure the cars don't get towed, etc. This made no sense to me. I think it was the way the manager strung his sentences together but honestly, to charge the guests for parking so you don't tow their cars seems weird. Plus, when I am paying $350 per night at an Embassy Suites in Santa Clara (not San Francisco or downtown San Jose) I don't expect to also have to pay for parking. I also checked out of my room a day prior to what I originally booked and they charged me an early departure fee, even though I made them aware of this 24 hours ahead of time. I thought when you booked an easy cancellation rate, that it meant just that...easy cancellation? I guess not.

The breakfast here was very nice and the guys making made to order omelets, etc., were very friendly.

I'm not sure I would stay here again unless I needed to, but it is a decent option when in a bind.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Britney M, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Santa Clara, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Thank you for your recent review of our property. We certainly understand that you have a choice on where to stay and sincerely apologize for the confusion regarding our parking and early departure. I will be sure to look into our easy cancellation policy and speak with the front desk regarding the parking situation so we can use this example as a training tool for our staff. We will continue to work to improve our offerings and hope you will consider staying with us again in the future.