“On the road again”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Santa Clara
Ranked #9 of 32 Hotels in Santa Clara
Reviewed June 5, 2014

This was another trip on the road again. We travelled to Santa Clara mainly to provide the youth an opportunity to visit Stanford University and enjoy a day at Great America. Overall, the youth had a wonderful time! We also visited the Rose Garden; in which I would highly recommend. The Rose Garden was well mantained, refreshing and beautiful!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Britney M, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Santa Clara, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. It is great to hear the you all enjoyed your stay and that you were able to take full advantage of our local attractions. We greatly appreciate your feedback and hope to see you on your next road trip!

Reviewed June 3, 2014

I will not be coming back. The evening reception's snacks weren't covered. People sneezed all over the not so fresh chips and salsa, or veggies. The pool was not clean, and they let people bring their babies in without swimmers diapers. I found mold in the shower/tub and it's courtain. They never came to fix my AC... even though I called twice. I will not be back. The only thing worth it was the breakfast.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you so much for your review of your stay. We certainly understand that you have a choice on where to stay and sincerely apologize that you experienced a few issues during your stay. We appreciate your feedback and can assure you that we will be using this example as a training tool with our staff. I will make sure that we look into why your AC was not looked at and will certainly address the cleanliness issues with our housekeeping department. We greatly appreciate your business and hope you will stay with us again soon.

Reviewed June 2, 2014

Nice to go to if you are going to great America. Great food clean room helpful people.. It was fun to look out over the town. A nice place for family, couples, family friends .. the bar tinder was soooo nice.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Britney M, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Santa Clara, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2014

Hello Janice,
Thank you for such a great review! I am glad to hear we were able to meet your expectations and you were pleased with our Bartender. It is always great to hear such positive feedback about our staff. Please come back to visit us soon!

Reviewed May 30, 2014

Clean, good location close to most of the major employers in the area. The staff on the property were all very friendly and helpful. Check in and out was fast and efficient. I dont know how many characters this is but there should be a counter so you know when you have said enough.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Britney M, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Santa Clara, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2014

Thank you Gary for taking the time to review our hotel. I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and that our staff was friendly and helpful. Thank you again and we hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed May 28, 2014

I stayed at the Embassy Suites Santa Clara in May for a few days while on a business trip. I paid close to $350 per night for my room. I thought that rate was a bit exorbitant, but there must have been some tradeshow, conference or something going on as rooms in the area were scarce. The hotel itself is dated. I mean DATED. BUT, the staff were very friendly and the room was clean, and of course, like every other Embassy Suites, it was very spacious. I think, however, the rooms could use some updating. The bathroom was very small but had everything I needed.

They do charge $10 per night for parking, which I found annoying. When I pressed the management about this, they told me it was because the nightclub that shares their parking lot started serving dinner so they have to charge the hotel guests for parking in order to give them a slip of paper for the car. That way, they can ensure the cars don't get towed, etc. This made no sense to me. I think it was the way the manager strung his sentences together but honestly, to charge the guests for parking so you don't tow their cars seems weird. Plus, when I am paying $350 per night at an Embassy Suites in Santa Clara (not San Francisco or downtown San Jose) I don't expect to also have to pay for parking. I also checked out of my room a day prior to what I originally booked and they charged me an early departure fee, even though I made them aware of this 24 hours ahead of time. I thought when you booked an easy cancellation rate, that it meant just that...easy cancellation? I guess not.

The breakfast here was very nice and the guys making made to order omelets, etc., were very friendly.

I'm not sure I would stay here again unless I needed to, but it is a decent option when in a bind.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Britney M, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Santa Clara, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2014

Thank you for your recent review of our property. We certainly understand that you have a choice on where to stay and sincerely apologize for the confusion regarding our parking and early departure. I will be sure to look into our easy cancellation policy and speak with the front desk regarding the parking situation so we can use this example as a training tool for our staff. We will continue to work to improve our offerings and hope you will consider staying with us again in the future.

Reviewed May 26, 2014

We just returned from a 1 night stay at this hotel and was very impressed by the accommodations. When we arrived the room we were assigned had mistakenly not been clean. We were given a new room and shortly after moving our belongings to this room the evening manager came up to our new room to make sure everything was OK and to apologize for the inconvenience and offered to take care of our stay for the night for the inconvenience. I was very impressed with their care and concern for what had happened. The rooms are very spacious and clean. Bathroom is a bit narrow. The beds are very comfortable and the bedding is quite nice. Breakfast was delicious and very well stocked. I will definitely be staying here again when in the area.

1  Thank cocoapuf
Britney M, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Santa Clara, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our property and for selecting our hotel when staying in the Santa Clara area. I am sincerely sorry that you experienced some issues at check in and I am thrilled to hear that you were pleased with how everything was resolved. Thank you again for your review and we hope to see you back very soon!

Reviewed May 26, 2014

First of all, I must say the staff were all very helpful and provided as much excellent service as they could.

However, this was not a pleasant stay for us because the hotel was sold out and we got a "Non-Smoking" room on the edge of the smoking wing on the smoking floor (3rd Floor). That's pretty much like being HALF PREGNANT!!! It is or it isn't...can't be both. We had to put a towel down on the floor where the gap between the front door and the floor was to keep the cigarette smell from the hallway out.

There were also lots of signs around the premises about ZERO Tolerance for Parties in the rooms. It was a bit odd, but at 2am, we figured out why there's so many signs. The room next to ours was having wrestle mania against our shared wall. No SLEEP!!! It makes sense though....if you want to party, you would probably want a floor that allowed smoking because getting drunk, smoking, and being loud & obnoxious sort of all go hand in hand. In this day and age, I'm not sure why a hotel in California still allows smoking floors.

To the hotel's credit though, they did comp us the night. That's what boosted my rating up to 3 circles, otherwise it would barely be two. So, if you are traveling with small children and don't like getting lung cancer or dealing with 2am Fiestas, I would suggest you look elsewhere. (and I'm a long time Hilton Honors member, but I would not recommend this property until changes are made).

Room Tip: 3rd FLOOR is the Lung Cancer Floor. Non Smoking Room on the 3rd Floor = being half pregnant.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family

Thank you so much for your review of your stay. We certainly understand that you have a choice on where to stay and sincerely apologize that you experienced issues while you were with us. We appreciate your feedback and can assure you that we will be using this example as a training tool with our staff especially when it comes to monitoring the noise levels. I will also make sure that we look into the condition of the non-smoking rooms on the 3rd floor to see if we can improve the smell in the hallway. I'm pleased to hear though that our staff was able to assist you as best they could. We greatly appreciate your business and hope you will stay with us again in the future.