“Excellent Customer Service and Hotel”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Santa Clara
Ranked #7 of 32 Hotels in Santa Clara
Reviewed April 19, 2014

This was our spring break trip with the kids. The plan was to stop at different places down the coast. The first hotel we spent the night was not very nice. By the second night we ended up at the Embassy Suites in Santa Clara. Tony was super nice. It was already late, the kids were tired from all the walking we did. Tony noticed this and he quickly processed our registration and in no time, we were relaxing in a nice 1 bedroom suite with our tickets for breakfast the next morning. Next day, we checked out after breakfast and continued our trip to San Francisco. Couldn't find a hotel as clean, friendly and with all the amenities as the Embassy Suites in SF, so we decided to return to the Embassy Suites in Santa Clara. We were greated by Maggie and Tony. Tony remembered us right away. I explained that we did not have reservations but we had such a great experienced at this hotel that we decided to return. Maggie found us a room right away and while she was processing the reservation, Tony was getting the keys, and breakfast tickets ready. He even gave the WiFi code to the kids so they could use their iPads. Thank you Tony and Maggie for making our stay a memorable one!!!!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
FrontOffice_MOD, Front Office MOD at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Santa Clara, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2014

Estela B,

Thank you so much for the amazing compliments during your latest visit. We strive to provide both great service and product and am so glad to hear that we met your expectations. I will be happy to share your wonderful comments with Tony and Maggie.Thank you for your review!

Reviewed April 18, 2014

We've stayed at Embassy's before but this particular one is the nicest and cleanest hotel we've ever stayed in!! Our reservation was lost due to misspelled name, but it was located and we were offered a room upgrade. Love the complimentary snack time and breakfast. Pool was nice. Our rooms was my biggest surprise...super clean!! And that means a lot to medically fragile mama! Wait...did Iention the price?? I've stayed in two star hotels for more than what we paid. Thank you Embassy Suites for a Superb stay!

• Stayed: April 2014

Heart_mama_5,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property and for selecting our hotel when staying in Santa Clara. I am thrilled to hear that you were pleased with your room and services! We greatly appreciate your feedback and hope you consider staying with us again.

Reviewed April 11, 2014

I stay in the Silicon Valley frequently so every time I come here, my quest is to find a good hotel that doesn't break the bank. I recently stayed at the Embassy Suites and was impressed by their customer service and front desk staff.

I accidentally booked a smoking room and when I arrived the guy at the desk (Wally I think) told me I was getting a smoking room. I told him it hadn't been my intention to reserve one so he mentioned that they were totally booked for that night but might be able to move me the next day. Once I got to my room, he even called up to see if it was liveable and whether I need someone to open windows or spray air freshener.

The next morning I called the front desk to see what else was available and requested that I also move to the other side of the hotel away from the freeway noise. They said that they were pretty booked but would see what they could do, and eventually were able to find something for me. They also mentioned that there was a night club on the side of the hotel I was asking to be moved to so they recommended a different part of the hotel entirely.

They told me to just leave my packed bags in the room and they would take care of moving everything for me while I was gone during the day - which they did.

Of the suite hotels, this is probably one of the nicer in the area (for the money) and the rooms are a good size. There is a ton of desk space but no "kitchen" area - just a small fridge and microwave which surprised me. Also, you have to pay for parking in the hotel lot which I found extremely odd.

Room Tip: Try to avoid the freeway side of the building. It's fairly noisy.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
FrontOffice_MOD, Front Office MOD at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Santa Clara, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2014

vgAZ,

Thank you for the great comments and noting all the little things we do to ensure you have the best experience with us. We am happy you mentioned Wally and we''ll make sure we recognize him. See you next time!!

Reviewed April 10, 2014

I was surprised at how much I didn't like the room. The hotel overall is nice, slightly dated, but my room was laid out weird and I was given a handicap room and therefore it was not a suite for some reason. The tub had rails for a handicap person which is fine except the rails obstructed turning the tub on easily. The shower head was so cheap and kept coming off and apart. There was no fan in the bathroom so I'm sure it was probably moldy somewhere. Very humid in the bathroom because of this. The breakfast was great, made to order eggs, meats, French toast, etc. I was also put on a smoking floor in a non smoking room, which sounds like an oxymoron and it was annoying as the floor smelled loudly of smoke. The ice bucket was super dirty. It took me over a day to figure out how to get the thermostat to work properly. I've never had an issue using a thermostat before. Good location if you are looking to explore silicon valley/san jose.

Room Tip: If you don't need a handicap room make sure they don't give that room.
1  Thank TAR215
Reviewed April 9, 2014

The staff was very helpful and the cleanliness of the building was great. The pool is nice and the hot tub was good but no real jets. The rooms are a little expensive for what you get but the free supply of sodas and treats are nice if you are in the executive suits or whatever they call them. The beds are nice.

Nathan,

Thank you so much for your generous review of our hotel. We truly appreciate your business and we're glad you loved the treats on the premium floor. See next time!

Reviewed April 9, 2014

For a stay in Santa Clara or surrounding areas this hotel is no.1. The accomdations, the service was excellent. All the staff from reception to room service were top notch. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Rene
I am please that you had a great stay at the Embassy Suites Santa Clara-Silicon Valley. I cant think of a better description then "Top-Notch". Hope to see you again!!

Reviewed April 1, 2014

We stayed at this Embassy suites as part of a group. The hotel is convenient to the freeway but there is NO restaurants or markets anywhere close except what is part of the hotel. There is traffic and airport noise. The hotel staff was friendly. The breakfast was OUTSTANDING. We never made it to the happy hour but wish we could have tried it. The Suites are nice. The bathrooms are small. The beds are very soft. Overall it is a good place to stay.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
EmbSuites, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Santa Clara, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our property and for selecting our hotel for your group stay. I am thrilled to hear that you were pleased with both your room and our breakfast. I apologize that you didn't feel there were enough restaurants nearby. We keep a list of recommended restaurants/shopping at our Front Desk and hope we have the opportunity to share with you on a future stay.