“Another business travel, another hotel stay”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Santa Clara
Ranked #5 of 32 Hotels in Santa Clara
Bengaluru, India
“Another business travel, another hotel stay”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Contrary to my usual choices in the Bay area, I landed up at Embassy Suites in Santa clara for a weeks business travel in September 2012. Since it was a hectic business travel I used to leave pretty early in the morning I am usually tired by the time I get back to the room late in the evening. So sleep quality was the biggest concern and this hotel scores an above average here in terms of a comfortable bed. However, the location is a big catch. Its adjacent to the freeway and there is nothing around except for a Mac Donlads. You have to have travel atleast a 4 - 5 miles for restraunts and malls. Also being adjacent to the freeway, it can get intrusive with your sleep, specially early in the morning.

They have courteous staff and a nice breakfast spread. The rooms look a slightly old but is neatly maintained. Overall its well suited for business travellers. I would definetly stay here again since I have friends staying minutes away from this place.

Room Tip: Try to choose top floors with rooms facing away from the freeway
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
EmbSuites, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Santa Clara, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Thank you so much for your recent review of our property from your stay last September. I am glad that we were able to meet your expectations and that you enjoyed our comfortable beds, breakfast and service. I appreciate your feedback and hope you will consider staying with us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Acton, Massachusetts
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,678 helpful votes
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Not sure why I was so reluctant to stay here. My first choice was Hilton Santa Clara, but rooms never became available. After walking through that hotel as part of my conference experience, I’m glad that I stayed here.

Located about 5 minutes by car from the Convention Center, the Embassy Suites Santa Clara is a well-designed, well-equipped suites-style hotel boasting a conscientious staff and comfortable accommodations. My room was on the 7th floor, I had no qualms whatsoever with the size, layout, or furnishings of the room. Nice view, too. Excellent TV with great digital picture quality. Pillowtop bed with foam pillows was very comfortable. Large bathroom with excellent water pressure and plenty of hot water. Even the avocado, olive, and basil revitalizing shampoo seemed to do the trick better than usual.

Complimentary breakfast buffet was just right in the morning. Delicious omelets made to order with a daily special. There also was strong coffee, yogurt, bagels, bananas, oatmeal, cereal, juices, and toast.

The gym had free weights and a few treadmills, but it wasn’t huge. Neither was the pool, although the Jacuzzi might have enticed me on a different trip.

I really liked the staff and told the manager during my stay. Check-in receptionist was bubbly and fun, the restaurant hostess and omelet cook were cordial, and even the cleaning staff went the extra mile to wait patiently outside the gym while I finished my work-out before coming inside to do the floors.

Noise from construction of an adjacent hotel is more FUD than fact. I never heard it, and work isn’t supposed to begin until after 7 AM anyway. On the other hand, I was awoken one night by a police siren on the main drag within sight of my window. This so-called ‘quiet side’ might actually be worse off for light sleepers and early risers than being closer to the construction and further from the freeway.

In sum, I had a very good experience at the Embassy Suites Santa Clara. Hotel was clean. Prices were lower than at the Hilton. Internet and bottled water were free for Hilton Gold members. Safety wasn't a concern. I felt safe. I would return.

6 Thank Cherry_Wonderdog
Thank you so much for your recent review. I am thrilled to hear that we were able to meet your expectations and that you enjoyed your stay. I will share your feedback with my hotel colleagues as I know they will be pleased to hear that they helped make your stay more enjoyable We hope you will consider staying with us again.
Massachusetts
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Used to stay at the Santa Clara Marriott. Nice hotel, friendly staff but what was I thinking? Embassy Suites has lower price, bigger room, free breakfast...End of story. This is my third such stay and won't be my last.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your review of your stay. I am thrilled to hear that you have stayed with us several times and that we are your choice when staying in Santa Clara. We greatly appreciate your business.
Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

The rooms are clean, spacious and modern. Our room faces the highway but the noise isn't a problem. The pull out couch was very uncomfortable but aren't they all? The hotel staff are friendly and helpful. My toddler made a mess and one of the employees ran over and cleaned it before I had a chance to. He was so nice about it, you'd think I had made his day by creating more work for him. I would certainly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2013
Thank you so much for your recent review of our property. I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and that we were able to meet your expectations. We hope to you will consider staying with us again when visiting the Santa Clara area.
north carolina
Reviewed February 3, 2013

This is an older Embassy Suites but the rooms are comfortable and very clean, and the staff will do all they can do help resolve any issues. The internet was very reliable and the bathroom was small by very functional. The fitness center is in tight quarters but enough equipment that I always found what I needed. All the equipment was in working order. Breakfasts were very good, and the one dinner, ceasar salmon salad, I had was of good quality and not that expensive.

It is very easy to find and the good or bad is that they are close to 101. Traffic noise can be an issue if you are sensitive to that. In addition, they do warn you of construction noise starting at 7:00 on weekdays and 9:00 of Saturday, per their construction permit. The Saturday I was there it started at 7:30 and was a bit loud. Not a problem for me since I was up at 3:00 on EST.

I would recommend this hotel if you are in the area.

Room Tip: Odd numbered side may be better than even and lower numbers (due to construction ) better than highe...
Dallas
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Stayed two nights on the front end of a week-long business trip. I was pleasantly surprised at how nice the property was - very clean, upgraded breakfast and bar area, etc. The room was large and nicely appointed. I enjoyed the complimentary "made to order" breakfast, and the staff was very accommodating.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
CA USA
Reviewed January 28, 2013

When you consider the free drinks at happy hour and the great buffet served at breakfast including made to order omelets, the Hilton HHonors weekend deal of points + payment offered a surprisingly great deal for a local retreat. We stayed local for the MLK long weekend. We enjoyed our stay and the service of the front desk so much, we stayed a 2nd night and again used the points + payment deal--the front desk got us the same terms even though the 2nd night encroached into the business week. I've never been disappointed by an Embassy Suite stay and the local property is no exception. As a frequent business traveler, I'd recommend it to road warriors coming to the South Bay area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple