I booked this 24 hours ahead of arrival via Priceline. The total price I received was about $30.00 less per night than found on their website. However, it is one of the rare times I've felt like an unwanted guest when I checked in. I asked for a room with two beds (traveling with business acquaintance) but was told my room had been preselected (one queen bed...a murphy bed at that.) I asked if anything else available but was told hotel was sold out and nothing could be done. I asked to speak to manager and was told to wait 20 minutes while they checked with housekeeping to see if some "newly renovated rooms are ready." Meanwhile, the room I was originally given was on the first floor, view of parking lot, average decor, but very large. In fact, it's the first time I recall ever getting a room with a full sized dining room table placed in the middle of the room..it seated 6 people. It would be a great room if you're hosting a poker party.
20 minutes later I was given a different room, in an older section of the hotel, with two twin beds. The room was comfortable, with a small TV, coffee maker, and okay beds. The room was reasonable clean and quiet. I was told that wifi would cost $10.00 because I was a priceline customer. (It's included to guests who pay full rack rate.) Threre is an average pool and average fitness room. Free newspaper in the lobby.
If I was traveling alone, it wouldn't have been an issue. And I know priceline caters to a single or couple who will be sharing a bed, but in the 30+ times I've used Priceline to get a room and have requested two beds, it has NEVER been an issue until today. So, it left a bad taste.
I will say the staff were polite enough and did honor my request after using the " can I talk to the manager" card, but I still couldn't get over the fact we were twice put in the oldest sections of the hotel and in rooms that were not desirable. The parking lot was crowded and perhaps the hotel was full, but my bet is that it was not full, we were just being given the "you're a priceline customer." I do not hide the fact I used Priceline and feel that if a hotel wants to use priceline to fill it's rooms, it should treat you the same as everyone else, including free wifi and not a gouge in the pocketbook to "make up" what they lost by offering the room at a 25% or so discount.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Biltmore Hotel & Suites in Santa Clara, California is your ideal 3 Star Bay Area hotel, offering meeting facilities, pet friendly rooms, family friendly rooms and packages, and a San Jose Airport shuttle all near California's Great America and the Santa Clara Convention Center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Biltmore Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Biltmore Hotel And Suites, Silicon Valley Central
- Biltmore Hotel Santa Clara
- Biltmore Hotel Silicon Valley Central