“The staff at Bilmore were so accomodating”

Biltmore Hotel & Suites
Ranked #10 of 32 Hotels in Santa Clara
Reviewed May 10, 2009

Our group stayed at the Biltmore because we were putting on a convention at the Santa Clara Convention Center. Actually, we stayed at the Biltmore because the staff bent over backwards to accomodate special dietary needs and provided very reasonable rates for our large group of volunteers. They were all very helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business
SYVM, Manager at Biltmore Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2009

Thank you for the nice review! We actually strive to ensure our groups have excellent service at the Biltmore Hotel & Suites. We are very close to the Santa Clara Convention Center, and have many groups that are participating in conventions stay with us. It's nice to hear we were able to exceed your expectations!

Reviewed March 21, 2009

I stayed at the Biltmore for a week in late February. This place is a MOTEL. As a result it is very noisy due to traffic and airplanes flying in and out of SJC. If you must stay here and have a standard room at least ask for an "interior room." They have a handful of them that are not suites. The rooms themselves, were pretty standard but felt a little dark and dingy. Also, if you see the omelet guy during your complementary breakfast consider yourself lucky.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank screennamesRdumb
SYVM, Manager at Biltmore Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2009

We apologize you were not impressed with your stay at our hotel and had an issue with noise and our staff. We are located only a few minutes from San Jose Airport, in the business district, so we do have traffic and air traffic outside the hotel. However our hotel is well insulated, and once inside your room the noise is minimal. My sincerest apologizes our "Made to Order" chef was absent during your breakfasts. I truly appreciate you bringing this to my attention, and assure you I will take care of this issue right away to ensure it does not happen in the future. Please come by and try us again, and I assure you our great staff will have you coming back again!

Reviewed August 24, 2008

I booked this hotel through hotwire.com, we paid $99+taxes/night. It's states 3 stars. I will rate it as a motel.
Rude front desk staff, noisy and facing garbage dump, don't feel safe. Not recommend to any one, specially with family, or sigle female. Not worth it.
Food flies inside, very dirty carpet, no elevator, no remote control for TV. Air conditioning is very noisy but not cold. Very hot in the afternoon. Swimming pool water is very cold.
Will never go back again!!
When we check-in that night, we found out we are not staying in the tall building as their website photo. We need to stay at the building behind it, need to go through a very noisy machanic room, walk through the stairs which is facing the garbage dump.
We requested to swtich to the main building with elevator, as my husband is on clutches, and I am not able to carry the luggages to upstairs.
Front desk staff was so rude, told us very loudly "you pay for cheap price, need to stay at the cheaper place. If you want to stay in this building, you need to pay extra $10/night."

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
4  Thank TravelExpert08
Reviewed June 29, 2008

Very sad to leave the Biltmore after only staying one night. :( I arrived at 10am and to my surprise they had a room ready for me to check into. The stay included free breakfast for two. Scrambled eggs, french toast, bacon, potatoes, fresh fruit, coffee, juice etc.. It sucks that I was on a diet. It also includes a free shuttle. CALL AHEAD FOR YOUR SHUTTLE IF YOU HAVE TO BE SOMEWHERE TO BE AT A CERTAIN TIME. They only have one and it leaves evey half hour. I asked for turn down service. They don't usually offer this but they were nice enough to have someone tidy up my room and replenish my coffee and towels. Cortney at the front desk was especially friendly and the other staff were very helpful as well. I will return!!

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank cmamma
SYVM, Manager at Biltmore Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2009

Thank you for visiting us! We always try our best to accommodate early check-ins, based on availability, and we are pleased you noticed our outstanding Front Desk Staff for arranging a room for you early. Thank you for your very nice compliments on our breakfast and shuttle service at the hotel. It is nice to know that you appreciated these extras we added, to ensure our guests have a nice stay.
Come back and see us soon!

Reviewed February 27, 2008

My wife and I stayed at the Biltmore Suites from February 14 to February 18, 2008. We had a Garden Room with two beds. The beds were queen-sized, not double (standard) mattresses, which is a plus. The wireless internet access was first rate and is a big convenience. There was a breakfast buffet that my wife utilized, I did not. She reported that it was quite good and included eggs and bacon, which are nice touches that are missing at many hotels. The hotel is very close to the San Jose airport and I could hear the jets passing by every so often. But it wasn't bothersome to me. I slept well. Again, the beds were queen-sized, and quite comfortable. The room is nicely sized; not humongous, but not small, just right. There is no closet, just a nook with a rack for hanging clothes next to the bathroom basin. The toilet and shower are in a separate room next to the bathroom basin area, which is at the back of the room. The shower had good water pressure and ran hot--very hot if not careful--all the time. I had no problems with the water. The hotel is right off the 101 freeway not too far from the 880 and thus is conveniently located for getting around Silicon Valley. There are decent restaurants down the road and a Starbucks nearby. They do seem to be renovating, which is a good thing, but it was not bothersome at all. I had very little dealings with the staff, but they were polite and friendly when I did. The only thing I would suggest is that they renovate the bathrooms. They worked fine, but they seem long in tooth. There is nothing wrong with how they function, but the bedroom area is clean, comfortable and up-to-date. The bathroom looks old and tired in comparison. Last thing: the hotel is completely smoke-free. But as we all know, some people ignore rules and laws. We had a room with a connecting door. Late one evening, we started smelling cigarrette smoke from the room next door. It was quite strong. We called the front desk and they did send someone immediately to make the other patrons stop smoking. I was pleased to see that they had no qualms about enforcing their rules and taking on what could have been a difficult situation. If the price is right, I will stay there again. It's not the Ritz Carlton, but the Ritz Carlton is overpriced and overkill if one is looking for a place to sleep well and clean up with not problems. For the money, I found this hotel to be a good deal. I would rank it above any of the Choice Hotels, a little bit better than a good Holiday Inn Express, and just below a Hilton. For the price, it's a nice place to stay.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DCinAZ
Reviewed February 5, 2008

This is a 2 star hotel at best. Booked through work-I've stayed at the Hyatt and the Marriott nearby and they are 10 times nicer. The room was sub-par, the grounds were a mess and the breakfast was horrible. Really disappointing for a Biltmore.

Stayed: January 2008
3  Thank Justin7

We apologize you were not pleased with your stay with us. We have renovated some of our areas since your stay, and I hope you will come back and give us another try. I sure you will find our Comfortable and Spacious Suites, Complimentary WIFI, & Complimentary Parking a great value compared to our competitors.

Reviewed January 4, 2008

Am currently staying at the Biltmore and wanted to warn people that the hotel is currently under major construction. The lobby has moved to the back of the hotel. Both restaurants are closed.
I did get a good rate which is the only saving grace. It's a good location if you need to be close to airport, Sun or Intel.
Room was too small for me so I asked to change to a suite. Was given one for extra $20. But there is no refrigerator or microwave which I think is crazy in this day and age for a suite.

Stayed: January 2008