“Business Meetings are a breeze here”

Biltmore Hotel & Suites
Ranked #10 of 32 Hotels in Santa Clara
Portland, Oregon
“Business Meetings are a breeze here”
Reviewed December 31, 2013

We regularly schedule multi-day public seminars in the San Jose Area and have have great service and a friendly staff each time we use the Biltmore. they are attentive to needs that come up the day of, their catering crew modifies as needed and they take much of the hassle out of planning meetings of this sort.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Gregory P, Director of Rooms at Biltmore Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Hi McCoyCMC,

We are so pleased to hear that your seminar hosting experiences with us have been very positive ones! Thank you for taking the time to post your review and share your feedback. It is wonderful to know that our staff’s service and ability to cater to your specific meeting needs exceeds your expectations and allows you to conduct stress-free business functions. Your loyalty is very important to us and we look forward to welcoming you back in future!

Director of Rooms

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
Washington
Reviewed December 16, 2013

I give 5 star because we arrived at 9am in the morning and as checkin is not until 3pm, we were offered a larger, nicer room for only $20 more per night and in a very quiet part of the hotel which is very important to me. When I needed a sewing kit and extra teabags..they were brought up immediately! The location is 2.7 miles from the airport and only 5 minutes drive from Santana Row which has some great shopping and restaurants. We were there only for one night for a friends wedding, so it worked out great for our needs. Plus the lotions and soaps have a mango fragrance which I love and it was nice not to have the boring Green Tea scent that so many use now.
We never used any pool, spa or restaurant service so I cannot comment on that.

Room Tip: be polite and ask.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Gregory P, Director of Rooms at Biltmore Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
Hi klynnega,

Nothing makes us happier than hearing a review such as yours from a satisfied guest! We would like to thank you for taking the time to submit your detailed review and share your experience with us. It sounds as though our staff was able to exceed your expectations with an early check-in, an upgraded room, and the extra amenities that provided you with a great travel experience. It is also wonderful to hear that our location was particularly convenient. We look forward to welcoming you back for many future stays!

Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Reviewed December 14, 2013

I found Hotel Biltmore a decent place to stay in Santa Clara area. Once again, you can go for this hotel only if you are short of options or your trip got planned in a quick time. No complains for Biltmore as they just served what I wished for. Decent breakfast, hospitable service executives. Reception was quite hospitable as they helped me getting out of their way to search my lost phone. Fine fooding options available. Evening happy hours add to your luxury.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Hi Saurabh G,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback about your recent stay. It is wonderful to hear that our accommodations were to your liking, especially the hospitality of our staff and reception. We are especially pleased to hear that our meal options and happy hour helped make your stay an enjoyable one. We do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back should your travels bring you to our area again.

Santa Clara
Reviewed December 2, 2013

The grounds were well kept and very pretty. The pool was heated and warm enough even for me to swim in, the hot tub temperature was perfect probably 102, strong jets clean environment. The room was great, large mattress and fluffy comforter. Food at the restaurant was good, excellent service. Only complaint I have is the "Pub" was closed for the holiday weekend. :)

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Gregory P, Director of Rooms at Biltmore Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Hi Tamara J J,

We are so pleased you had the opportunity to stay with us during your recent travels and that you had a wonderful experience! Thank you for taking the time to write your review and share your experience with us and future travelers. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed the pool, hot tub, restaurant amenities, and comfy bed that make our hotel special. It sounds as though we were able to provide a positive guest experience for you and we hope that you will choose to stay with us again (and experience our pub!) should your travels bring you back to our area.

Weldon, California
Reviewed November 27, 2013

The heater was broken, it could not be turned off and was extremely loud. Housekeeping came to look at it, where the guy stood there pushing the same two buttons for twenty minutes ... as if we hadn't tried that. No fix, no move to a new room, no sleep.

In the morning, at checkout, I complained again about the problem and the complete disregard by the staff ... and, again, no offer any type to compensate us for one of the most miserable nights ever ...

I would sleep in my car before I would consider staying at Biltmore again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank jkiggens
Gregory P, Director of Rooms at Biltmore Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Hi jkiggens,

Thank you for your stay with us and for taking the time to provide us with very valuable feedback. We would like you to know that this is not the type of stay that we would hope for any of our guests and we sincerely apologize for the situations you personally encountered concerning the heat in your room. Be assured that your feedback will be shared with all our team. We hope you will reconsider a future visit so that we can provide you with the type of stay you deserve.

Travelers are raving about these Santa Clara hotels

Naperville, Illinois, USA
Reviewed November 21, 2013

I was in Silicon Valley on business attending a big conference at the Santa Clara Convention Center. I booked my travel 2 months in advanced and every recommended hotel room was already booked. My company travel service got me a room at the Biltmore. The hotel is close enough, and the room was plenty good. It wouldn't be my first choice, but if anyone else was traveling to the area in a similar busy travel season, I would recommend staying here.

My room had a queen sized bed, a desk/flatscreen TV work area, an ok sized sink/closet, dressing area and a small bathroom. The room seemed reasonably up to date. The WIFI service, included with the room, was high speed (but my somewhat contorted company VPN wouldn't connect). My Verizon LTE smartphone had really good coverage and I was able to use it as a hotspot.

I was pretty disappointed to find that my room was located outside, motel-style. From the front, the hotel looks like a big block of rooms; my room was part of a separate section not part of the main building, sitting in a structure with no indoor hallway or elevator. I suppose this is a local building style, but for me, it really has been over 20 years since I stayed at such a hotel (motel!). After my 2nd full day, I stopped caring and counted my blessings that I really had it pretty good compared to some of my other work associates who stayed much further away.

The hotel had a restaurant and a breakfast area. I didn't use either. But for late night snacks, they next door gas station had a good selection of soda pop and junk food.

To get to the convention center from the hotel, I had to turn right onto the Montague Expressway. This 10 lane road is a very busy, fast moving, major artery right in front of the hotel. To get to the convention center, I have to turn right and get over 5 lanes in .2 miles to turn left onto Lafayette St. Don't even bother trying. I did it a couple of times, and then gave up. Don't be pressured by the GPS in your SmartPhone, get left but settle for turning at Agnew Rd a mile or so further down the road.

Speaking of GPS, once my Smartphone had me driving between the hotel and convention center using the 101. Oh boy, that only happened once. The 101 was heavily congested, a parking lot. It was going very slow, and I only was on for one exit. I found alternate routes that kept me away from the 101.

Other local driving techniques I noticed: when a stoplight turns green, floor it! In my home town, green light mean proceed with caution. Further, it appears that it is customary to tail gate; I was tail gated everywhere I drove. And finally, it looks like if some one tries to switch lanes, you should never slow down to let someone in. Having said all these somewhat negative stereo typical observations, I noticed that cars will stop on a dime to let a pedestrian or bicycle rider cross the street... much more courteous than my home town.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank jkozik
Hi jkozik,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review and share your travel experience with us and future travelers. We are pleased to hear that you found our location convenient although a somewhat different and challenging type of commuting style than other parts of the country! It sounds as though your accommodations with us, however, were a positive part of your business convention experience. We do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back should your travels bring you to our area again.

Israel
Reviewed November 13, 2013 via mobile

Not the place I would have brought my wife to, but a good one to get work done, no hassle, no tricks. It is c l e a n, unlike some of it peers in the area. Receptions are nice and polite, everything in the room functions etc...

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Gregory P, Director of Rooms at Biltmore Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Hi ybhk19,

Thank you for selecting our hotel for your recent business travel accommodations and for taking time to share your experience with us and future travelers. Feedback from our guests is always appreciated and helpful in creating the optimal travel experience possible for our guests. We are so pleased that you found our accommodations clean and hassle-free. It is also great to hear that your experience with our reception staff was enjoyable. We look forward to having the opportunity to accommodate your travels needs in the future.