“Great Staff in Front Desk”
Review of Woodcrest Hotel

Ranked #17 of 32 Hotels in Santa Clara
Reviewed October 10, 2013

I don't really usually make a review or comment on the hotels. But this time it made me. I checked in 3 weeeks ago Friday. I've never been satisfied in other hotels when I checked in through them. This time I'm extremely satisfied because the asian girl name Reyna was a wonderful Front Desk Agent. Me and my business partner walk in for 2 rooms. Before we checked in she offered us a free bottled of water. It was a pleasure for me because seems like she cares about the guest. She greeted me, my dad, and business partner with a friendly attitude customer service. She then explain the free breakfast, free wi-fi, free dvd/blu ray movie, free business center. We love our room she assigned the best room for me and my business partner. The room was very clean, and again inside the room has free bottled water again. We like our bed, and soft pillows. The bathroom, towels our clean too. I will defitely come back in this hotel again. Thanks Reyna we appreciate your kindness.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Woodcrest_Hotel, Director of Sales at Woodcrest Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

First and foremost, thank you for choosing Woodcrest Hotel for your stay. We are glad that your stay at our hotel was pleasant. We will be going through a renovation very soon and we would love for you to let us know how we are doing at that time as well.
I will also let Reyna know that she's doing a great job, we always encourage our staff to be as friendly as possible.
Once again, thank you for choosing Woodcrest Hotel and hope to see you soon!

There are newer reviews for Woodcrest Hotel

Reviewed October 9, 2013

Stayed here on a business trip for the week. The services was excellent and the rooms were very clean. To top that off there was a full complimentary continental breakfast every morning! I will stay again!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed October 2, 2013

Well, the staff was so nice and there are so many little extras that I hate to say anything negative about the property. But...There is major construction going on next door. I know that's not the hotels fault, but you have to warn people if they are going to stay there. The rooms were very clean but are in need of updating. Older carpet, beds and furniture. Probably time to update the plumbing fixtures. Enough of the negative. The staff was awesome. The breakfast was a pleasant surprise (scrambled eggs, potatoes, sausage, bacon, breads and muffins, cereal). And the manager was very friendly. Oh, and you do get a free beer and cookies everyday. Also, perfect location for us and can't beat the rate for this area. Wouldn't hesitate to stay there again for a short stay, but might look elsewhere for extended stay.

Room Tip: Make sure you request a room away from the construction.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Woodcrest_Hotel, Director of Sales at Woodcrest Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2013

Dear guest,

First and foremost, thank you for choosing Woodcrest Hotel for your stay. We are glad that your stay at our hotel was relatively pleasant. We apologize about the construction next door, we understand how frustrating it is to be awaken by the noise from the construction.
We will be going through a full renovation starting December. Hopefully, your experience at our hotel will be even better next time. We will continue to find more ways to make your stay at Woodcrest Hotel more enjoyable. Once again, thank you for choosing Woodcrest Hotel and hope to see you soon!

Joseph Chang
Director of Sales/Marketing

Reviewed September 8, 2013

I'm a walk in customer. I always choose to stay the Woodcrest Hotel. Everytime I visit the hotel, I always felt that everything I need was there. The Front Desk Associate Rina who Check me in last Sunday was very friendly and smiling. The manager was very nice too. My room was so clean and I'm happy I can open my window. The restaurant near by is just a walking distance. I will definely comeback with this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Woodcrest_Hotel, Director of Sales at Woodcrest Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

Mr. Yosh,

Thank you for the positive feedback on our hotel! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you next time. We will continue to find more ways to make your stay at Woodcrest Hotel more enjoyable. Once again, thank you for choosing Woodcrest Hotel and hope to see you soon!

Joseph Chang
Director of Sales/Marketing

Reviewed June 3, 2013

Slooow internet! I can't believe other reviews said it was fast, it barely functions well enough for me to work.
Staff is very friendly, helpful.
Hotel is old with character - I've stayed 4 times, every room is different so far. The windows open! I love that.
Center courtyard with small tables, potted plants.
Hot breakfast is almost homemade, quite nice pastries too.
No fitness center but cross the street and walk or jog in the beautiful neighborhood.
Great set of Asian restaurants a block away (ma ma chens is the one I recall)

Room Tip: inner rooms on courtyard have plenty of light and air, but quiet
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Woodcrest_Hotel, General Manager at Woodcrest Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2013

Dear Guest, Thank you for the great review on our hotel. We are always trying to improve the experience for all guests as best as we can. We love feedbacks so we can figure out where we need to improve. I personally would like to apologize about the slow internet speed, we will find ways to improve the speed of the internet. Next time, if you have any problems including the speed of the internet, please notify our front desk clerk and we’ll try our best to solve the issue as quickly as possible. Once again, thank you for staying at Woodcrest Hotel.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

The staff is terrific. The rooms are not fancy but clean and half the price of other local hotels. The free breakfast is much better than some of the higher priced competitors. The location is very close to the interstate but you'll never hear the traffic. I spent two nights and never heard another guest although there were always other people in the restaurant during breakfast. When I return, I'll stay here again.

Room Tip: Don't forget to leave a tip for your room maid and the breakfast staff. I'm confident that t...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank sink-me
Woodcrest_Hotel, General Manager at Woodcrest Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

Hello,

Thank you for your wonderful review, currently we're starting our renovation project and you'll see an updated hotel in the near future. We're glad for your wonderful stay and hope you come again. Best regards.

Reviewed November 7, 2012

we travelled across the country on major roads (no freeway) but this was the worst by all means.
bad smell, burn marks all over the carpet, very noisy even with closed windows and beleive it or not in 2012 it had a real bulky TV.
the only positive was the friendly lady at check in and 20 MB Internet. the owners should be ashamed of using this obviously as a cash cow, no renovation since the eighties I guess.
HRS gives it a 4 star rating that's why we choose it, shame on HRS

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Woodcrest_Hotel, General Manager at Woodcrest Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2012

Hello,

I do apologize for your recent stay and that you did not enjoy it here. We're currently going through renovation and will have everything changed out. In the near future you will see an updated website as well to show you the changes that will be put into this hotel. We apologize for your horrible experience but we promise that if you choose to visit us again, you'll see a completely renovated hotel that is worth the stay. Best regards.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Santa Clara
Aloft Cupertino
#4 of 6 in Cupertino
Best Western Santa Clara University Inn
Wild Palms Hotel - a Joie de Vivre Hotel

Been to Woodcrest Hotel? Share your experiences!