“Great little ma & pa place”

Granada Inn - Silicon Valley
Ranked #14 of 32 Hotels in Santa Clara
Bellevue, Washington
“Great little ma & pa place”
Reviewed March 20, 2014

This is a great little hotel with friendly staff, clean facilities, and convenient location. And the rates are reasonable too. The only bad thing I could say is the laundry facility is a bit pathetic, but other than that --> Enjoy! :-)

Room Tip: Choose a room in the west wing (the one where the lobby is)
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
HARRY2515, General Manager at Granada Inn - Silicon Valley, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Dear Guest,
We appreciate your time for posting your experience at our hotel stay. We value each comment by our customers which give us a opportunity for improvement. We have directed your comment to Maintenance staff for proper presentation of our Guest Laundry room.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Reviewed February 7, 2014

I stayed for ten nights and it was good, the service is fine and helpful as well the room is always clean and they breakfast is intercontinental "donuts and juice" while there is drinking water in room and hot drinks all over the day.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Tamer I
HARRY2515, General Manager at Granada Inn - Silicon Valley, responded to this review, February 9, 2014
Dear Guest

We thank you for your wonderful remarks about your stay at our hotel.
Santa Clara, California
Reviewed February 5, 2014

For me, the Service here is great! When my wife and I got there the person at the desk told us that we would be treated like we were family.I explained to the man that I was trying to get the $60 dollar rate but for some reason couldn't complete it online. That person told me not to worry, that I'd still get that rate. Everytime we went to the front desk for information of assistance the person there was always courteous, a good listener, helpful. As Larry the Cable Guy says, "They, get it done!" The staff that cleaned the rooms, changed the linen were also efficient in doing their jobs.

The room is outdated by most people's standards, but, we're from the country on the island of Oahu and we love it!
When you get into the room there's a closet that has two shelves that are sturdy to hold extra luggage or stuffs in general. Ample hangars (you can ask for more if you like) and space on the ground. Our bed has a king size bed that was neither to hard or to soft. My wife loves this bed! There's a little kitchenette with two burners, 3 forks, 3 spoons, 3 butter knives are provided along with 2 plates, 2 saucers, 2 coffee cups, 1-4 cup pot and a 12" frying pan.
A 4 cup coffee pot is available and coffee grinds, sugar, and powdered cream is provided. The televison set is either a 32" or 42" which is big enough to see from any part of the room. Lots of counter space to do business with your lap top.

Granada Inn is located in a central part of the main drag, El Camino Real. Near lots of restaurants that serve American, Chinese, Japanese, Indian, Mexican, Filipino, and Pizza joints. That's my favorite part!

The best thing about Granada Inn is location. Near San Tomas Expressway, to get you to Campbell, CA. Near Homestead to get you to Cupertino, CA. Near Lawrence Expressway to get onto Interstate 101 to get to Sunnyvale, Mountain View, Stanford University, Palo Alto, Menlo Park, Redwood City.

The bad thing about Granada Inn is the parking. Some days it's so crowded that you have to park on the road. Actually it's bad for us but good for Granada Inn. I would recommend Granada Inn to my family and friends and people who ask me, "where should I stay while I'm in Santa Clara?"

PS Free Wi Fi

Room Tip: Ask questions at the front Lobby. What size bed does this room has? What size television is there...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
HARRY2515, General Manager at Granada Inn - Silicon Valley, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
Dear Guest

We thank you for your time for vivid description of our hotel, surrounding and your your experience at our hotel. We reat our customers as our guests - (A person at Home away from Home)

Your recoognition very important to us and we hope to be always upto every guest"s expectation. Once again thank you for your lovely comments.
Ashburn, Virginia
Reviewed February 3, 2014

I was really impressed with what a well run hotel this was. The rooms and linens were clean, housekeeping prompt and thorough, and the inn keeper a delight. The hotel is right in the heart of Silicon Valley and convenient to the 101. Great base camp for doing business in the valley for cost-effective start ups.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
HARRY2515, General Manager at Granada Inn - Silicon Valley, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Dear Guest

At the outset let me thank you for your time for posting wonderful remarks about your stay at our hotel. We are not one of the fancy hotel in the area but our mission is to provide our guests with possible hospitality. This is family operated hotel. This is best hotel for guests who love a quit and safe environment and Home away from Home.
Chennai (Madras), India
Reviewed January 30, 2014

Of course, I would stay Granada Inn is my second home in US. During my business trips, I prefer Granada to stay for its excellent maintenance, service, location etc.

With a cheaper price, it has all amenities. Good environment.

Room Tip: I prefer the road side higher floor in annex building
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

HARRY2515, General Manager at Granada Inn - Silicon Valley, responded to this review, February 1, 2014
Thanks for your wonderful remarks and we value each peeny of our guest. We are budgeted giving our best location in the Silicon Valley. It is true we are Home away from Home for our guests travelling to us from all over the world.
Ontario, California
Reviewed January 25, 2014

I had to stay in this hotel since it was close to work. I had to stay for 11 days and it was a perfect hotel. Since I spent most of the time at work it was good to come and relax and see a room all cleaned up . The breakfast was good. For the value of money it was great the staff is always smiling . The rooms are clean. Since I came all the way from work and needed peace at the night time this was a great place. It was secured and most importantly it was close to Traders Joe where I could pick up the dinner. Going to work on the San Thomas tech park was easy as it was very easy. After a full days work i need a place to relax and this was a great place. Almost deverything is close by lucky stores, kohls, gas station and very close to the san jose airport i could catch a flight in the morning without any issue since I could avoid all the major highways. I would come again here.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
HARRY2515, General Manager at Granada Inn - Silicon Valley, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Dear Guest
We appriciate your time for posting review regarding your stay at our hotel and about the sourrendings. We keep our prices budgeted despite our prime location in the Silicon Valley.
Sunnyvale, California
Reviewed January 1, 2014

I had stayed with family for more than a month. They maintain clean environment and it was excellent for my 18 months toddler. Hotel was good and value for the money. Staff was very friendly and once they got coins from next door restaurant for doing my laundry when they ran out of coins. It has a small kitchenette which was very useful for our basic cooking and to manage the kid. Daily housekeeping was good part. It's location on El Camino is an advantage and lot of restaurants near-by.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
HARRY2515, General Manager at Granada Inn - Silicon Valley, responded to this review, January 11, 2014
Dear Guest
We appreciate your time and remarks about your stay at our hotel. Our hotel is family operated hotel and above all our guests feels at home away from home when they are on business or pleasure trip.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Santa Clara
Hilton Santa Clara
Hilton Santa Clara
#1 of 32 in Santa Clara
Wild Palms Hotel - a Joie de Vivre Hotel

Been to Granada Inn - Silicon Valley? Share your experiences!