Avatar Hotel, a Joie de Vivre hotel
Best Western Santa Clara University Inn(Santa Clara)(Great Value!)
$160
Hilton Santa Clara(Santa Clara)(Great Value!)
$148
$132
$170
CandlewoodSuites
The Plaza Suites Silicon Valley(Santa Clara)(Great Value!)
$299
  • Breakfast included
Santa Clara Marriott(Santa Clara)(Great Value!)
$285
$275
EmbassySuites.com
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Hyatt Regency Santa Clara(Santa Clara)(Great Value!)
$164
  • Pool
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites(Santa Clara)(Great Value!)
$144
HYATT House Santa Clara(Santa Clara)(Great Value!)
$389
All reviewsconverted motelmodern vibeihop restaurantfront deskcommon roomsilicon valleymini fridgelevi stadiumbusiness tripsanta clara convention centerup to dateroom was clean and comfortablehappy hourparking lota great place to staybusiness centerfitness room
Reviewed August 12, 2013

As motel renovations go, this is a worthy contender. I was able to get a discounted room and at the price of a Best Western, the stay was luxurious by comparison. They've maintained the grounds nicely, everything was relaxing, and the room was clean and comfortable. Geeks will love the lobby, but it can leave the first time visitor wondering if the bed has a coin-operated massage (sorry, nope). Enjoy Santa Clara even better than it was when this place was built!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Adam F, Manager at Avatar Hotel, a Joie de Vivre hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2013

Thank you Gwhized for this great review. It is great to here that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the room clean and comfortable! Our lobby always grabs peoples attention with our fun "geek chic boutique" feel. We hope you will be back to visit us again here in the near future.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

I stayed there for a night as I had a training around.. It's not really an hotel but more a motel... You walk outside to get to your room.. No elevators.. The room was just perfect and it was quite..Beds were comfortable and it was very clean. There is a outside pool.. No room service but there are 2 restaurant walking (front and side of the hotel - And not fancy or healthy..) Service was just Ok.. Prices of the room was good. I went there because I didnt have a choice and I will probably not go back but its a nice, quiet place, great for families, since its near to the attraction park.

Room Tip: rooms facing the pub restaurants (not facing the pool) are quieter
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo

Thank you Krystelle005 for the four star review. I am glad that you gave us a chance and found the room perfect and quite with comfortable beds. We hope you will come back if you are ever in the area again.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

The Avatar was nice for a quick weekend away but not too far from home. The check-in process was easy, and the front desk staff were very welcoming. The room was basic but comfortable. The price was reasonable.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Adam F, Manager at Avatar Hotel, a Joie de Vivre hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2013

Thank you JohnGLin for the five star review! I am glad you got to enjoy your weekend away with us here at the Avatar. We look forward to seeing you again here in the near future for another weekend getaway.

Until next time,

Reviewed July 21, 2013

I booked this hotel for the California Extreme Pinball and Arcade Show because my first choice the Hyatt down the street was sold out for the group rate ($89) for this event (July 12-14). The woman at the front desk was exceptional and deserves some kind of recognition. I wish I could remember her name! Anyway, I arrived at 11PM Friday night after an almost 6 hour drive from Thousand Oaks, CA (left after work). I was BEAT but she was 100% professional. She made me feel welcome and I sensed that she truly cared for her guests and her company. She answered all my questions, took my bags up to the room and would NOT accept my tip as she said "it is my pleasure to assist and ensure you are comfortable". The next day there she was again early in the morning at the front desk. She greeted me BY NAME and proceeded to call me a cab. The room was clean and comfortable, no "moldy soap" as one of the other reviewers mentioned. The one thing I would recommend is blackout curtains. The rooms have venetian blinds that let too much light leak through from the lighting on the walkway outside (I was on the 2nd floor). I had my sleep mask so no problem for me. The Kuerig coffee machines are a nice touch. No breakfast served however there is an IHOP next door that seems to be slammed 24/7. Also there is a sports bar adjacent to the property so there is a lot of late night activity on weekends (park away from the bar patrons). All in all a lovely property; a good value for the price I paid and I would recommend this place.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back; away from the sports bar and IHOP.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Adam F, Manager at Avatar Hotel, a Joie de Vivre hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

Thank you BrianH for your review. I wanted to let you know the name of the woman that helped you on both occasions was Jessica one of our Front Desk Supervisors. It is great when i get to hear that one of my staff members stood out enough for you to take the time to mention your experience here on Trip Advisor for everyone to see. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hopefully next year you will come visit us again for the California Extreme Pinball and Arcade Show.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

Can't give this place enough stars!
It's price is pretty good especially for a weekend getaway or if you're going to Great America.

The layout to find the rooms is a little strange but not enough to lose a star. One downside was that half of the massage chairs was not working, but still not enough to lose a star.

• Stayed: July 2013

Thank you Dsilky for this awesome review! I am so happy you loved your stay here at the Avatar. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Please let us know when you are looking for another weekend getaway.