Avatar Hotel, a Joie de Vivre hotel
Best Western Santa Clara University Inn(Santa Clara)(Great Value!)
$160
$170
CandlewoodSuites
The Plaza Suites Silicon Valley(Santa Clara)(Great Value!)
$299
  • Breakfast included
Hilton Santa Clara(Santa Clara)(Great Value!)
$148
$132
Santa Clara Marriott(Santa Clara)(Great Value!)
$285
HIExpress.com
$275
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Hyatt Regency Santa Clara(Santa Clara)(Great Value!)
$164
  • Pool
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites(Santa Clara)(Great Value!)
$144
HYATT House Santa Clara(Santa Clara)(Great Value!)
$389
All reviewsconverted motelmodern vibeihop restaurantfront deskcommon roomsilicon valleymini fridgelevi stadiumbusiness tripsanta clara convention centerup to dateroom was clean and comfortablehappy hourparking lota great place to staybusiness centerfitness room
Reviewed April 23, 2011

I had a conference at the Santa Clara Convention Center. I had the choice of staying at the Hyatt adjacent to the Center; but chose Avatar due to rates and reviews. Two big inconveniences: the rooms are too small and the lighting is too dim. And the ultimate disappoint was my scheduled wake-up calls. I requested a 6am wake-up call after my first night stay. Luckily I woke up on my own at 6:24am since the call never came. Unfortunately I was late for my meeting. I thought I would give the front desk another chance (what was I thinking). That same day during the afternoon I took a nap and asked for a wake-up call at 1:30pm. That call also never came. When I called the office to complain I simply heard 'We're sorry we wrote down the wrong time". How does that happen two times? There response was not what I was expecting. Again "Disappointed"

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed March 13, 2011

My husband and I stayed here 8 nights visiting families. Location: Close to freeway but without the noise, near Yahoo and other hotels but without the traffic. Facility: Modern, clean, nice layout, adjacent to a nice IHOP where we had wonderful breakfast using Avatar Hotel's complimentary coupon. Room: Large, clean, modern, functional, excellent shower, very comfortable bed and quiet. Free: business center, parking, wifii in room, week day 7pm snacks & wine. Staff: Attentive. Price: We paid $138/night with tax for a 1 king bed executive room, reasonable for the area.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank K L
Reviewed February 26, 2011

The Joie de Vivre hotel chain did a pretty good job of taking an old Holiday Inn and turning it into a clean, comfortable, and uniquely (if not eclectically) decorated motel. Great location too, right across the street from Google and close to Great America theme park.
Our room was quite large with lots of counter space. Bed was comfortable. Like all Joie de Vivre hotels, there are iPod docks in every room. The pool & jacuzzi looked very clean and inviting but we didn't have time to enjoy them. The only thing I can think of to complain about is the bathroom was small, but it was clean.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed January 31, 2011

This is obviously a motel they have taken over and tried to make more upscale and while the decor and furnishings were ok my room was not what I would expect of this chain. It reeked of stale smoke, I had no hot water for my entire stay even after notifying management, and my air conditioner was so loud and would not turn off that I did not want to run it but the room smelled horrible without air circulation. It was a shame because this chain is known for nicer hotels. I could stay at a Motel 6 for the same quality and a cheaper rate.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed November 29, 2010

If you have high expectations of this hotel, you may be disappointed. But if you're expecting an average hotel, you may be pleasantly surprised. It's an above average facility designed like a motel, but with the feel of a snazzy hotel. The room decor is very modern (european?), the rooms are clean and spacious and the beds are comfortable. Defintely a place for business travelers with wifi and plently of work space. It's in a great location. They offer free wine and appetizers at happy hour. There's a shopping plaza with nice restaurants around the corner. Easy access. Pleasant stay.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business