“Great Value and Outstanding Service”

Best Western Santa Clara University Inn
Ranked #4 of 32 Hotels in Santa Clara
Tampa, Florida
“Great Value and Outstanding Service”
Reviewed April 3, 2012

I travel every week and finding a clean and comfortable room at a reasonable price isn't always that easy. Since my first visit I've spent 35 nights here already through March. The rooms are clean, well appointed, easy to work from and quiet. The continental breakfast is good. The best feature is the front desk staff. Des and Marisol go oou tof there way to welcome you or welcome you back, ensure that your room is to your standards and act quickly if anything should need correction or repair. I spend over 200 nights a year on the road and have a choice where I spend my money. Once you find value, it is the staff that makes the difference and because of Des and Marisol's attitude toward customer service, I choose the Ramada Limited - Santa Clara.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Pete C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Elk Grove, California, United States
Reviewed April 2, 2012

The secretaries in the office, Dess & Marisol, were really nice, polite, and asked if your or your room was okay, & were very helpful!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Juan M
Berkeley, California
Reviewed March 19, 2012

From January through March 2012 I stayed here one night a week, arriving late and leaving early. It was comforting to be welcomed by a familiar face. The linens were fresh, the bed 'just right' and the shower refreshing.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Angelo C
San Jose, California
Reviewed February 24, 2012

It was our first visit to the Ramada Limited in Santa Clara, but definitely not the last. A very clean hotel, with comfortable new sheets. The staff were very helpful and energetic, they made Me feel welcome. Great break fast , and a nice area very close to stores and restaurants! will definitely will came back.....Soon

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank George D
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed February 22, 2012

I was under the impression that this hotel wasn't good...but I was wrong. I was in the area unexpectedly and the hotel that I always stay was booked. So I ended up choosing this hotel because it is close to my destination. This hotel was really nice, clean and friendly staff. It has modern decor, flat screen tv, good internet connection,pretty good channel options and the rate was reasonable. Now, Ramada Limited is included on my hotel preferences.

• Stayed February 2012
3 Thank boch05
Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
Reviewed February 4, 2012

I thought this hotel was a bit run-down, but the rooms were large and seemed okay. Then...the second night we stayed there, I rolled over a bit in my bed and felt something....it was someone else's underwear!

I pulled "that surprise" out of my bed, threw it aside, and went back to sleep. When I woke up, I realized it was not dirty undies, but a women's camisole!

In the morning, I called the front desk and asked for a night's refund. It was obvious my bed had not been made with new sheets before my arrival.

Instead of hearing an apology, I was told to bring the camisole to the front office. I did that.

When I got to the office, the clerk checked the records and couldn't figure out where the women's camisole came from since she stated a single man had stayed in that room.

The front desk clerk contacted the hotel owner via phone and told me at the end of my stay, they'd talk about whether we'd get a night's refund or not. It sounded as if the hotel thought I was lying. They called the maid and asked if she had changed the sheets before our arrival, and of course, she said yes. I was also told sheets are not changed every day. (Obviously sheets are not changed between stays either....)

That did it! My friend and I went back to our room, packed our things, and notified the office we had a change of plans and were checking out that morning.

We tried to get the night's refund, but were only awarded 1/2 off the night where the unwanted women's clothes appeared in my bed.

Don't stay at this hotel!

Room Tip: Don't stay there!
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank JoAnn F
Citrus Heights, California
Reviewed January 23, 2012

Nice clean rooms, and a couple very friendly very helpful women that work the front desk. Nice flat screen LCD to plug my laptop into as well. By far the most bang for your buck in the area.

Room Tip: All of them I have stayed in have been nice.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Granada Inn - Silicon Valley
Granada Inn - Silicon Valley
#14 of 32 in Santa Clara
Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Santa Clara

Been to Best Western Santa Clara University Inn? Share your experiences!