I thought Howard Johnson hotels were supposed to be somewhat clean and nice--it looked like a cruddy time warp from the 70s. Yuck. We booked this for an overnight stay after going to a sporting event. The air conditioner was broken-did not work at all-the room seemed old and dirty. When we first walked in the room all I could think was, "I don't want to sleep in that icky bed". Bedspread was disgusting had cigarette burns in it & carpet seemed dirty. Sink was outside of the bathroom so we all had to watch each other brush our teeth and stuff. They said they had wi-fi but they didn't. I usually give business owners the benefit of the doubt, but this place is really really scummy and there seemed to be lots of other places around--I would recommend going to one of those others.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of downtown santa clara and the heart of the silicon valley, the hotel stratford boasts a location nearby many attractions as well as silicon valley business. We are close to paramount's great america, levi strauss 49er football stadium, google, yahoo, nvidia, convention center, cadence, cisco, and also the great mall, one of the largest malls in america. At the hotel you will find, free wifi, breakfast, cable (58 channels), inroom coffee/tea, serta pillow top beds, micro/fridge, 42" flat panel tv,hardwood floors along with plantation shutters throughout the hotel ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Stratford reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Howard Johnson Santa Clara
- Santa Clara Howard Johnson