Hotel Stratford
Avatar Hotel, a Joie de Vivre hotel(Santa Clara)(Great Value!)
$129
$103
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $120/night.

Hilton Santa Clara(Santa Clara)(Great Value!)
$115
$105
Hilton.com
Savings alert! 48% below average rates

The price you found is 48% lower than this hotel's average rate of $202/night.

The Plaza Suites Silicon Valley(Santa Clara)(Great Value!)
$139
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 49% below average rates

The price you found is 49% lower than this hotel's average rate of $270/night.

Best Western Santa Clara University Inn(Santa Clara)(Great Value!)
$150
$115
EmbassySuites.com
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 50% below average rates

The price you found is 50% lower than this hotel's average rate of $231/night.

$204
Hyatt Regency Santa Clara(Santa Clara)(Great Value!)
$109
Savings alert! 54% below average rates

The price you found is 54% lower than this hotel's average rate of $238/night.

$109
$93
Official Hotel
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $104/night.

Santa Clara Marriott(Santa Clara)(Great Value!)
$127
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 47% below average rates

The price you found is 47% lower than this hotel's average rate of $240/night.

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites(Santa Clara)(Great Value!)
$145
$117
HIExpress.com
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $138/night.

All reviewsel caminocontinental breakfastbottom floorfree wificomfy bedmicrowavepillowsclerk
Reviewed June 26, 2012

Not the Intercontinental hotel - but a good solid old-school motel. Decide is you want the quiet one flight of stairs up (lug your bag up the stairs) or if you don't mind the noise of cars parking near your room's front door.

A good basic motel - we think it is the best of the four we have stayed at in the area.

Room Tip: It is important to understand that this is an old-school motel & not a hotel. As seniors we were happy to be on the ground floor with a door to the parking lot and a parking spot at the door. Others who are younger & don't mind lugging luggage up stairs would be happier one flight of stairs up, away from the cars. We've stayed at 4 different budget hotels along El Camino in the last 2 years & have decided that this one is the best value of the 4. It is not an Intercontinental hotel, but it is a good straightforward motel that offers the basics you need at a good price. I suggest you give it a try. And-- they DO need to redesign their web site!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Carl021
Reviewed May 29, 2012

This hotel was clean and in what seems to be a good neighborhood. It was pretty small and a bit older furnishings. Overall a decent place if you just need a place to sleep, which was what we were after. Nothing fancy and the breakfast was basic but fine.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Formarks_mom
Reviewed May 19, 2012

The first thing that is important to know is this is no hotel, despite the name. This is a two-story, old-school motel, the kind with an exterior stairway (no elevator that I saw), exterior room doors and parking places that front each ground-floor room. Thank goodness we got a second-floor room. That's the only thing that made this place bearable. I would not want to be the poor people below us. As hard as I tried, I could not help causing all kinds of floor creaking as I walked around my room. The room itself was OK, but certainly nothing to write home about, as other reviews here would have you believe (I'm wondering if they were written by employees). It was clean, that is true. But other than that, very basic. It had an old-style bedspread as opposed to comforters you tend to see in modern hotels. Very cheap and minimal toiletries. And we had all kinds of problems with the air conditioner. Not worth the price we paid for it. Would definitely not stay here for more than one night.

Room Tip: Demand a second-story room.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Kaycj
Reviewed March 10, 2012

This is a fabulous, quality hotel. The rooms are very nice and have an appearance of a fancy hotel suite. Breakfast is standard continental: mini muffins, fruit (apples and oranges), cereal, toast, o.j. and apple juice, instant oatmeal packets and coffee (I don't recall any tea though). The TV is a 30+ inch flat screen with a lot of satellite channels (most of which you will not watch as they are the standard fluff channels found in every TV market) plus a few movie channels. Microwave and fridge in room, marble counter for sink, closet for clothes (and it has a bench for your suitcase). Shower was nice, but the shower head didn't appear to be adjustable in the angle of the head. My only complaint was that the bed was stiff and flat, causing me to keep turning over through out the night due to pressure points on my shoulder and hip. If the bed was better I would stay here again. However, if you are a back or stomach sleeper you probably won't have any issues with the bed and pressure points. Other than that it is a great value motel to stay at and I recommend it to anyone. The room was spacious and quiet--just be aware that the mattress may be too stiff/flat for your sleeping habits (I'm sure it may depend on which room you get as well. I was in 214).

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank placerman
Reviewed March 9, 2012

Got lucky when I found this place online while delayed and diverted flying back from NC. I was supposed to go to SFO but the only flight they had was to San Jose. I've never flown into this airport and I'm always super concerned about ending up in a hotel that is a) too expensive for my needs; b) dirty; c) scary neighborhood; d) rude staff. Hotel Stratford (rm 203) is freshly painted in desert colors with large crown molding, cleaner than most corporate hotels, plantation shutters, free continental breakfast (bagels, surprise!), microwave and good size fridge in room. Hot shower, Suave soaps and free wifi. Friendly, helpful staff--they are real people folks, so treat them like you would your neighbor & they'll go out of their way to figure out how to help you with your many questions. Happy travels!

Room Tip: Rm 203 is in the corner upstairs, very quiet and close to breakfast & office.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo