“Great Hotel with Outstanding Service”

Santa Clara Marriott
Ranked #7 of 32 Hotels in Santa Clara
Needham, Massachusetts
“Great Hotel with Outstanding Service”
Reviewed April 9, 2014

I found the Santa Clara Marriott to be a great hotel. It was clean, quiet and the service was excellent. The hotel is centrally located so it was easy to get to San Francisco (North) and to Carmel/Pebble Beach (South). Ae arrived long before check-on time and they were able to accommodate us by getting our room ready early. The front-desk staff was very professional and happy to assist us with every request. They went out of their way to make us happy.

We stayed there for over a week and this was my third visit to the Santa Clara Marriott. I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side are quieter. Don't stay in the toweres but in the courtyard area nithe...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Tim H, General Manager at Santa Clara Marriott, responded to this review, April 11, 2014
Thank you for sharing your feedback! We are glad to have had to opportunity of hosting your stay with us for the third time. We appreciate your outstanding comments about our hotel and staff, and appreicate you taking the time to share. We look forward to having you stay with us again!

Tim Herrmann, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
  • Korean first
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed April 2, 2014

It was a quick one night stay but I wish it was longer. Hotel is in a perfect location- within minutes of California's Great America Park, the convention center and the new Levi's Stadium, about a 10 minute ride from San Jose Airport (probably around 30 mins to SFO). There are a number of restaurants and shops in the area but the restaurants in the hotel itself are very good; there is also a Starbucks located in the lobby. The rooms were a good size, bed was comfortable and the large hd television was nice. The bathroom was a bit small but very clean with good amenities.

What gave me such a positive experience at this hotel was the staff. Everyone was extremely helpful and friendly, from the bartenders, servers, front desk, valet and even the housekeepers- to which one woman gave me a fresh bottle of water and a chocolate with a kind note.

Overall, I would absolutely stay in this hotel again. Great value for the price and a great location- especially for 49ers games. Ask for a high room facing North for a great view of the new stadium.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank KevRitch
Thank you for your great feedback! Yes, opening this summer is the new Levi's Stadium, home of the San Francisco 49ers! We are looking forward to these new opportunities and what the area offers and provides to our business and leisure travelers. Our goal is to create an environement that makes our guests feel right at home while working, vacationing or just passing through. I hope to see you again in the near future, and perhaps while you're stopping by to catch a home game of the 49ers.

TIm Herrmann, General Manager
Sonoma, CA
Reviewed March 31, 2014

We had a quick one night stay here. The room was quite nice. It is a bit of a trek to get there! We had drinks and dinner at the sports bar. We really enjoyed it there. As for the room itself, it was fine.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lovingsonoma
Thank you for sharing your feedback from your quick visit. So glad that you enjoyed dining in our sports bar, Characters. It has a great atomosphere, lots of menu options and plenty of screens to watch the latest game on television. Our hotel is quite large, and sometimes you might have to walk a short distance. Our hope is to deliver exceptional service and a great product that makes our guests feel right at home. Thank you again, and we hope to see you soon.

Sofia, Bulgaria
Reviewed March 30, 2014

Staying in this facility was a great choice as it proximity to the new sf 49ers stadium, great america park and multiple restaurants make it a good choice plus is just 10 minutes from sjc international airport. Business or pleasure this is a good hotel to pick.

Room Tip: Any hotel is good
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Tim H, General Manager at Santa Clara Marriott, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Thank you for your great feedback! Yes, this hotel is in a prime location for many local attractions and easy access to the San Jose Intertnational Airport. One of the great things about this hotel is that it's right in the middle, but you feel the ease and relaxation of the amenities it has to offer. Thank you for chosing our hotel as your option here in the Silicon Valley and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed March 24, 2014

We were attending a convention at the Hyatt down the street so didnt spend alot of time on property. The check in was easy and pleasant, the room was comfortable and quiet ...bathroom was small as suggested in the reviews but was fine. I asked for a mini frig. and had to remind them a second time but they took care of it promptly after that. Sort of a hassle to walk to the parking and it was full alot with small spaces (not used to rental car parking). The area was kind of funky for quick restaurant options - I did find a better area with Target and great choices but it was a good 8-10 minute drive so not super convenient. The price/value
was excellent however and I would definately stay again

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Tim H, General Manager at Santa Clara Marriott, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Thank you for your valuable feedback and choosing to stay with us during your conference. My personal apologies for the wait on receiving your refrigerator. Though the request may or may not have been urgent, it can certainly intrude on valuable time and plans. Since you were not able to be on property very much, we look forward to having you back in the near future and make your stay exceptional. Thank you again and please let us know if you would like to know more about the surrounding area if you'd like to venture out.

Tim Herrmann
Estero, Florida
Reviewed March 15, 2014

I had the privilege of staying at the Santa Clara Marriot from February 20 through the 23rd of 2014. Everything about my stay was perfect. From the friendly treatment at reception to the cleanliness of the room, to the quiet atmosphere of the hotel. This hotel is managed the way all hotels should be managed. I would recommend this hotel to anyone needing to overnight in Santa Clara.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Michael195733928
Tim H, General Manager at Santa Clara Marriott, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your great feedback! We are committed to making each stay exceptional for every guest. You have many choices to choose from here in the Silicon Valley, standing out from the rest is what we strive for. Thank you for choosing the Santa Clara Marriott and we look forward to hosting your next stay.

laguna niguel ca
Reviewed March 11, 2014

I stayed at the Santa Clara Marriott last weekend (March 7-9). From the moment I entered the hotel and spoke with Athena at the front desk until I checked out a couple of days later, I felt like royalty. The room was excellent. Being a gold member of Marriott Rewards, I automatically got fast Internet and a good breakfast on the concierge floor for free. After returning from being out all day on Saturday, I saw an email from staff asking how I was doing. I had forgot my toothpaste and they immediately brought up toothpaste and a toothbrush. All my toiletries that I had left on the counter were organized on a towel when I returned as well as a chocolate on my pillow. The bathroom was small, but the attention to service was outstanding. I will return.

Room Tip: Parking is $9 per night and it is covered, so the overall value for my stay was excellence. I might...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
It is always a pleasure reading the reviews from our customers and getting their feedback. Thank you for choosing to stay with us, and I'm delighted to hear that you had a wonderful stay. Yes, our bathrooms are a bit small and sometimes having a little more room can make a difference. Although we are not able to change the size of the rooms, we will certainly provide you with exceptional service and items you may need to make your stay as comfortable as possible.
Thank you again for sharing and we look foward to seeing you again in the near future.