“Great Location, Outstanding Service, and Good Food.”

Santa Clara Marriott
Ranked #6 of 32 Hotels in Santa Clara
Los Angeles, California
“Great Location, Outstanding Service, and Good Food.”
Reviewed January 31, 2014

This location is close to a lot of stuff. 20 min from SFO, 15 min from the Winchester Mystery House, 5 min from Levi Stadium (the new home of the San Francisco 49ers). This hotel has great rates available, I booked through marriott.com and booked for $119 per night.

This hotel is very business friendly, The elite level lounge is a great business center with free coffee and hot chocolate, tea's too. The confrence rooms and grand ball room are great for events. This is a very large hotel and it keeps the flow of foot traffic moving very efficiently.

Dining on site is easy, and nice. There is a Starbucks in the lobby. Characters sports bar is a nice place to unwind and catch a drink. They have a happy hour from 2pm to 6pm. The drinks are spendy ($16 rum and coke doubles) Dinner for two set us back $100 with drinks.

We also tried Parcel 104. It's their upscale dining option. The food was tasty and priced as most hotel restaurants. The potatoes on the happy hour appetizer menu are worth trying.

The room was clean and comfortable. The breakfast in the Concierge Lounge could use improving. The fitness room is second to none. Better than many gyms.

Room Tip: The 3rd and 10th floors are concierge levels in the south tower.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ConstanTraveler77
Tim H, General Manager at Santa Clara Marriott, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
Thank you for sharing your great review! I enjoyed reading your feedback and value your loyalty to the Santa Clara Marriott. We take pride in serving our guests well and anticipating their needs to make a successful trip for business or pleasure. So glad you've enjoyed dining in Character's and Parcel 104, along with using the Fitness Center and additional outlets. We want to make sure that our guests have everything they need and take full advantage of what we have to offer. Thank you again, and I look forward to your future stays here at the Santa Clara Marriott.

Tim Herrmann, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
  • Korean first
mass
Reviewed January 26, 2014

I like that this hotel has a starbucks and is close to many restaurants. The gym was also huge and plenty of machines open at all times of the day. I have never stayed anywhere else in SC but this hotel is expensive in all aspects. A hamburger is $20. Maybe this is just the way it is but I would rather stay in Palo Alto for the price and be as close to where I need to go. Rooms are very average in all ways - small bathroom but i was only 1 person so it didn't matter. For the price I would have expected a fridge in the room and or more free water, etc.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank gscearbo
Tim H, General Manager at Santa Clara Marriott, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Thank you for your recent stay and for your feedback, we appreciate the input. The property is currently in the middle of it's competitve price survey, that does include the Hamburger, I will take a close look at our pricing and adjust if we are out of balance with our competitors. Additionally, we would be more than happy to provide a complimentary refridgerator for any of your future stays; this can be reserved at the time of reservation, through our virtual concierge request system (with your email confirmation) or at check-in.
Once again, thank you for your loyalty, we value it!

Tim Herrmann
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 21, 2014

I usually like to stay at this hotel during the week when I travel to Silicon Valley for work.

The location is perfect. It is close to 101 without being right on it. It is also close to shops and other necessities that one may need during the week.

The house keeping staff is excellent. I usually get a room with 2 queen size beds with one bed used as a big shelf for all my clothes. On my first evening, I found all my clothes neatly arranged on the bed, which I quite liked. On one instance, the telephone and the remote in my room were not working. On reporting it, a person came quickly to fix it. He also made the movies on-demand free for my entire stay there. Later the front desk called to check if everything was in order.

The restaurants are quite good too. The pub is usually filled with people on football nights yelling at the TV. But the atmosphere is very friendly and the staff makes sure that despite my friendly chaos, you are served and taken care of.

I found that the staff at the valet service usually run to get the cars. You never have to wait there longer than you have to.

The only problems with the hotel are: 1) its confusing layout. I usually get lost on my first nights trying to find my room each time I check in. 2) really tiny bathrooms compared to the rooms

Room Tip: Try to get a room with an easy accesss from the reception. Else you might end up walking longer each...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a great review! I am pleased to hear that you've enjoyed the many offerings and amenties at our hotel, along with easy access to nearby shopping. We value your time and appreciate you choosing us as your preferred hotel when visiting the Silicon Valley. With that said, I do apologize that your room location was a bit further out than your desired preference. The hotel has many great room options, but it is quite large which can be a little challenging if you are unfamiliar with the layout. Thank you again for staying with us, and we look forward to your future travels here at the Santa Clara Marriott.

Tim Herrmann, General Mananger
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed January 12, 2014

This is a very good Marriott, very traditional. The room was fine, the service was good, and the food was good. The worker in the restaurants were very friendly, Matt, spent a lot time with me.The desk service was good.

Room Tip: Get a room in the Main area, not the three floor area.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Tim H, General Manager at Santa Clara Marriott, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Thank you for sharing your feedback during your most recent stay. I will personally share your comments to our staff for the great service they provided. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to your future visit with us.

Maine, USA
Reviewed January 10, 2014

The staff was great! The location is very good as well. I was expecting more from a Marriott though. The room (closet, bed, desk area) is a good size, however the bathroom is very small. Feels like I could loose a bit more living space to gain a bit of bathroom place. No mini-bar in the room (must be a weight loss program in Santa Clara).

Room Tip: Don't book next to the pool. Everyone is out there until late at night keeping you up.
1 Thank JohnMaineUSA
Tim H, General Manager at Santa Clara Marriott, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Thank you for your feedback, we truly appreciate your comments regarding our great staff, great location and large room, I couldn't agree with you more. Regarding the Mini Bar, we have found that our customers required more than a limited offering in a mini bar so we opened a 24/7 Sundry Shop at our front desk and expanded our room service selections; both carry a wide range of product at a much better price point. We are currently looking evaluating the size of our bathroom and have design plans in place to address the size in future renovations.

Once again, thank you for your comments, and we hope to see you again

Phoenix, AZ
Reviewed January 8, 2014

I have stayed here a number of times over the years. It has a great location in the heart of Silicon Valley. Nice sports pub & good restaurant. Rooms are standard Marriott nice quality & comfort & very clean. Granite tops in the bath & fluffy clean sheets on the bed. Hotel is self is somewhat date but recently upgraded with new finishes and much better than most Silicon Valley properties from the late 70's early 80's. Would stay here again & recommend to others.

Room Tip: Get a room on the North side of a tower as you will get considerable freeway noise on the south side...
Green Features: Could care less about what "environmental practices" the hotel has this is not what I pay for in a hotel and really don't care that is up to them if they choose to do it.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your sharing your feedback! Glad to hear that you have stayed with us over the years and have enjoyed your time spent here. It's great to know that the changes we have done over the years have been noticed and well received. We work hard to keep up to date and provide a comfortable and enjoyable space for each guest as they travel. We're looking forward to new changes in the future and are confident you will be too.

Vancouver
Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

As a Marriott rewards member, I have stayed at a lot of their properties. There is a customer folio which is usually ignored, and I have to request the simple things that are on it, when I get there.
This hotel got every one of our items on the folio before we checked in, called us 30 minutes after check in to make sure we had everything we needed. Somehow, this team is doing a great job. Even though the hotel was at reduced services over the holiday, and the cost was lower than usual, the level of excellent service was the same as you would expect during peak times at peak prices. Front desk clerk was Christy , and we had a lovely coffee and service from Olga in the lobby as well.
The pool and spa were excellent, we enjoyed them to ourselves after 9 pm and before 10 am, and we also used the locker rooms and saunas. The hotel is very clean and pleasant.
We will definitely return to this Marriott when in the the Bay Area.

Stayed January 2014
Thank you for sharing your great feedback. Requests are an important part of our guests expectations. It makes their stay that much more comfortable and relaxing to know their needs have been met with out fighting for it. We take pride in making sure we can accomodate even the smallest requests and provide an exceptional experience during their stay. Thank you again for choosing the Santa Clara Marriott and we hope to see you again in the near future.