Santa Clara Marriott
Ranked #8 of 32 Hotels in Santa Clara
Reviewed October 10, 2013

I had a great experience overall, really good service from the staff, room service and restaurants, only the room I feel that something missing, there was not a Safety box and Frigobar in my room.

Beside these little things I think everything was really good.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Tim H, General Manager at Santa Clara Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2013

Thank you for your great feedback! It's our goal to make sure every guest has an exceptional stay with service and amenites provided. We do have refrigerators available upon request and safes are going to be provided late 2014/15. We look forward to hosting your next stay, so please let us know if we can assist you prior to your arrival.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

2 night business trip. Very clean and comfortable room, good work space on the desk. Good wireless connectivity. Very friendly and courteous staff. Room service for one dinner was excellent. Sports bar with lots of TVs. Excellent location in Silicon Valley. Only downside is the hotel is pretty spread out, if your room is in the way back, it's a bit of a hike.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Tim H, General Manager at Santa Clara Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2013

Thank you for your great feedback! I am happy to hear that everything about your stay was met to your satisfaction. We take great pride in meeting the needs of our guests and providing warm hospitality to ensure you have a wonderful stay. The hotel does have a large layout; however this allows us to suit the needs of both the individual and group guests. Thank you again for sharing your comments, and I will personally review them with our staff.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

You will find whatever you need, however the hotel is not great but quite good to stay. Nice and clean rooms. Staff performance makes it very good actually. Less choice of food may be a problem for some travellers. Swimming pool also not that great.

Room Tip: If you are not okay with western food then you need to plan for your meals.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for staying at the Santa Clara Marriott. I will make sure to share your great feedback of our associates with our staff members. There are several hotel options to stay in the Silicon Valley, thank you for choosing the Marriott as your hotel of choice. Best to you always, and we look forward to your return!

Reviewed October 3, 2013

We went to this hotel for a quiet weekend and to let our granddaughter have a great time swimming. All we got was the swimming.
I had requested an early check-in which should be no problem for a Gold Marriott rewards member. That did not happen. Well passed the guaranteed check-in time, I finally got a room, only after become very pushy. On person said they would check on the room but went into the tower which does not have handicapped rooms. Of course she never came back. Was just a disingenuous statement.

To add insult, one employee told me, " You are requesting a handicap room. They are special. We do not have many. You just need wait." An attitude which clearly shows the customer is not important.

Now to the room, it was old" everything in the room screamed remodel. the water flow was horrible. In fact, the shower spit at us; it did not flow like one should.

The free breakfast, a Gold member reward, was a few pasties and dry cereal in a crowded room.

Even the room service, tried the night before, was average at best and overpriced.

I really can't recommend this hotel, unless you just want to sleep.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank bubba65
Tim H, General Manager at Santa Clara Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2013

Thank you for the feedback on your recent stay, we truly appreciate it. The Santa Clara Marriott is committed to delivering a memorable experience to each guest, we take great pride in our service and product. My sincerest apologies to you and your family if we did not deliver on that commitment. I have personally meet with the front office and room service teams to ensure that our service and product does not only meet Marriott standards, but exceeds them. I am confident that they do. Please contact me at your earliest convenience so we can invite you back and show you and your family that we do it right! Once again thank you for your comments and for visiting us.
Sincerely

Reviewed September 30, 2013

I would have to say the place is very basic, I had to stay here on business. One of the best parts of the hotel is the staff they were friendly and went out of their way to ensure you got everything you needed. When they greet you they walk out of the counter to greet you and when they show you the rooms they walk out of the counter. Sounds small but it is the small things I notice. I should have asked to switch rooms but my room was facing the amusement park and every night they would be playing this same beat and tune which did not help me sleep. I did self park which was very convenient. If you are going to the airport it is only 10 minutes aways. The restaurant inside the hotel is very pricey so I would recommend the sports bar or eating somewhere else. There is free wifi in the lobby but not in the rooms. A starbucks is on location in the hotel but do not expect it to be speedy because there is always a line for some reason. The only breakfast that was available was at the restaurant where you could go a la carte or the buffet for $23.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your feedback. We take pride in making sure that your hotel experience is as comfortable and relaxing as possible during your busy schedule. Our location is in the Heart of Silicon Valley with California's Great America located near the hotel; perfect for summer fun. Room location can be just as important as room type for the traveler and for a good night’s rest. Please let us know if you are not completely satisfied during your stay and we can make any necessary changes. Thank you again for your comments, and we look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed September 28, 2013

This hotel has friendly staff that make your stay pleasant. Its location is close to many tech companies and so the clientele is mostly computer guys. The men who work in Champions SportBar are awesome--friendly, efficient, and personable.

The hotel is a maze inside of it to find the rooms, which are fairly standard (white linens, comfortable beds, lots of pillows). Bath and Body toiletries are in the bathrooms.

My biggest complaint about this hotel is the walls are really thin. The guy in the room next to us sounded like he was trying to hack up a furball. Conversations outside the hotel could be heard through the exterior wall and glass, even over the running A/C. Better sound-proofing would make this place a better place to sleep and stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Tim H, General Manager at Santa Clara Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2013

Thank you for providing the feedback on your stay. I truly appreciate your comments regarding our staff, location and your expeience in our Sports Bar & Grill, Characters, I will be sure to share the the positive comments. I will also discuss your comments with our engineering department regarding the noise from the adjoining rooms; we will check the area and see if any additional sound proofing is needed.
Thank you for staying with us, we appreciate it!

Sincerely

Reviewed September 20, 2013

The room was excellent. Comfortable bed, very clean, and spacious. Pool area was very nice. Cushioned chaise loungers chairs by the heated pool. Food and drinks were delivered to the pool area via ordering by iPad or phone. Very nice touch.

The staff at the hotel was very hospitable. Giving a consistent experience. Very well done.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank sunandsandseeker13
Tim H, General Manager at Santa Clara Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2013

First, thank you for staying with us, we know you have many choices and appreciate your loyalty. Second, thank you for your comments regarding our staff, we have the best associates in the hotel industry and are very proud of them. I will be excited to share your comments.
Thanks again and I hope to see you soon. All the best!