“Always a great experience”

Santa Clara Marriott
Ranked #7 of 32 Hotels in Santa Clara
Reviewed March 16, 2013

I've been here multiple times for training and development events and its always a pleasure to return. The staff is really helpful and friendly and the managers check to see that everything is going as you want and expect. It's a great location with easy access off the main highway and in a nice neighborhood with access to eating and shopping within walking distance.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Both my roommate and I thought we had lost items in our room when we checked out. The front desk staff took the obligatory report, and I was sure that it was all over. They contacted my roommate to let her know that her lost item had been found. In the meantime, I had found my lost item and called the hotel to let them know I had found it.

This was actually the first time in all lmy travels that I actually felt the hotel cared enough to look and respond. Thank you Front Desk Staff!

Reviewed March 9, 2013

Stayed here one night on a stopover for a vacation. The location is only a few miles from the airport and is about a $25 cab ride (one way). The hotel is very nice with a friendly staff. The room was clean and quiet. I would imagine it would be a good hotel location if you were looking for a place near silicon valley. It's a category 4 property, so free night certificates are a good value here. We used one on our night when regular rates were about $240 that night. I would only say the lack of a hotel shuttle to the airport was the only con staying here.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 8, 2013

I was amazed at the consistent competence and caring of the staff at this hotel. Everyone offered help, direction, information -- when I got to my floor, the housekeeper (who was getting cleaning supplies from her cart) asked if she could help me find my room number. Meals from room service were delicious and were delivered promptly, cheerfully, and toward the beginning of the time window promised. I would never stay anywhere else in this area.

Room Tip: I liked my high-level room facing south.
Reviewed March 8, 2013

I stayed at the Santa Clara Marriott for a week and there is hardly anything wrong with that hotel.
The rooms are really nice, fairly large and kept very clean, with good internet connection.
The breakfast is huge (then at that price it better be) and also the bar is serving quite good food with a large selection of beers - including my favourite british beer.
This hotel seems to be mainly focussing on business guests, so do not expect too many kids there/any room at the bar in the evening.
They have a very good fitness department (unfortunately EVERYBODY and his neighbor seems to be there between six and seven in the morning, hardly any chance to get an exercise machine) and an amazing, very clean and very well maintained swimming pool.
So what is the drawback: You may want to be very careful with your room booking. I ended up on ground floor, facing the garden, which meant that there was a path right outside my window. This of course meant that I had to keep the curtains shut ALL the time to have a minimum of privacy. So if you stay there, try to get a room at the first floor, then I am sure you will find no faults with this hotel.
Parking is not for free, but since I did not have a car, that did not bother me.
Oh, and the service is exceptionally friendly and polite, from reception to breakfast service to cleaning ladies.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the first floor if you want to open the curtains now and then.
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Stayed here for Santa Clara Univ Family Weekend with wife. Hotel is convenient to Hwy 101 and 8 mins from school.
They really have an outstanding (large!) pool area with fine pool furnishings, and pool food service. Hot tub is large, clean and has been in good working condition for both of my visits to this property. The fitness rooms have ~ 12 treadmills, recumbent and standard bikes, 6 weight machines, full set of dumbells.....and a good sized separate room with exercise balls, mats and carpet.
The 'elite lounge' is very quiet and comfortable with excellent coffee-on-order machine with 20+ choices of coffees, sofa, comfy chairs, small tables.
Lobby is large with scattered multiple chairs and sofas, and a Starbucks.
PCs with printers are available next to the lobby with huge screens and easy access for all guests.
Staff has always been very friendly....even when we checked in early - 9 am! - and then decided we would wait for a King room, as all they had available was 2-doubles.
Parking is somewhat strange, as 1/2 the time the gates are open and not charged....both times we've stayed, we made sure that $9 parking was included in rate; valet is readily available for $18/day.
Will definitely return heare for

Room Tip: Ask for a high Tower room, as these are not close to the busy road (Bowers?). One side of the tower...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank kclark032
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Stayed here in December at a very good AAA rate (~$100). Didn't use the restaurant, etc. but the room was good and the lobby had a cool display of gingerbread houses. Very friendly service. Nothing is walkable but with a car the location is pretty convenient to a lot of different things. Free and convenient parking.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple