Santa Clara Marriott
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Avatar Hotel, a Joie de Vivre hotel(Santa Clara)(Great Value!)
$189
Hilton Santa Clara(Santa Clara)(Great Value!)
$151
$130
$169
EmbassySuites.com
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
The Plaza Suites Silicon Valley(Santa Clara)(Great Value!)
$239
  • Breakfast included
$193
  • Pool
Granada Inn - Silicon Valley(Santa Clara)(Great Value!)
$90
HIExpress.com
$109
$98
Official Hotel
HYATT House Santa Clara(Santa Clara)(Great Value!)
$251
Travelocity
All reviewssports barsilicon valleythe concierge loungeself parkingroom servicelarge hotellevi stadiumtheme parktech companiesbusiness tripbit datedgreat america parksjc airportplenty of parkingfitness roomconvention centerinternet access
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 3, 2007

The hotel is what you expect from a Marriott Hotel. The amenities were nice and the hotel was large. The rooms were clean and the front desk personnel was excellent. The front desk gave me excellent directions for shopping and set up an hair appointment at a great salon as well. Room service was great too! We found it odd that parking for this type of hotel in this area was not included. There was plenty of space to park, but it felt as though the hotel was trying to gouge you every way possible. My husband was there for a small conference and in the conference room only three people had access to the internet. This is just ridiculous since the company was paying for multiple rooms, breakfast, lunch, break food and drinks as well as internet access. Overkill on the charging, if you ask me. Overall I enjoyed my experience and would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled on business
2  Thank txsunshine06
Reviewed November 13, 2007

I stayed at this hotel for a business conference for three days. The hotel had excellent facilities, fantastic staff, and great food. Marriott catered the conference meals which were great. The outside entrance to the hotel was being remodeled, which most of the hotel has been refurbished. I had a king bed room in the Executive Tower. The room was recently refurbished, new clean carpet, paint, bedding. The bed and down pillows were amazing, and the flat panel TV. The bathroom was smaller compared to other Marriott hotels. My balcony faced Six Flaggs Great America. The fitness center was great, nice size, TV's on eliptical and treadmills. I would definately stay here again and highly recommend it to others.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank Wmacetheace
Reviewed August 26, 2007

The Santa Clara Marriott is a good, solid hotel. I have stayed here several times over the past few years and I have yet to have been disappointed by it. It is fairly close to the Great America entrance. It is located directly across the street from a small strip mall with a Togos, a mini mart, and a couple of other food stops and if you don't mind walking a bit further there is a huge new shopping center with a large multiplex movie theater, a Jamba Juice, a Starbucks, and several other major restaurants. As for the hotel itself---the pool is very nice and the rooms are always clean. Overall, a solid value for the business traveler or for someone wanting to go to Great America.

• Stayed: April 2007
3  Thank jfs88
Reviewed May 23, 2007

Spent a week there in March '07 and no big complaints. The hotel was nice, room was ok with a nice view to the pool area.

The location is the only down side, there's nothing interesting (apart from the amusement park) nearby or I atleast didn't find anything. San Jose downtown is only a small cab trip away.

Service was friendly.

Would spend another night/s there if I happen to on that side of the world.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled on business
3  Thank t_style
Reviewed May 17, 2007

I stayed here for a few days recently. I often stay near Santa Clara & Sunnyvale for business so I'm getting to know the hotels very well.

Avoid the Marriott. First of all, I checked in late at night. The parking garage is a bit of a walk from the main entrance of the hotel. I don't mind walking, but the path to the hotel's entrance from the garage was VERY poorly marked. Luckily I guessed correctly where to go, but it was 50/50 at one point which direction I should go.

So I check in and after walking from the garage to the registration desk I walk to my room... and walk... and walk... wow. I think I walked about a 1/4 mile to get to my room. Apparently some of the "courtyard" rooms are quite a trek. AVOID THESE ROOMS. I discovered that I could have parked my car much closer to the room. There was no information about this and the person at registration gave me no hints.

As for parking, they charge $9 per day for self-parking. This is ridiculous. It's the only hotel in Sunnyvale/Santa Clara that has ever charged me for parking. There are plenty of spaces; it's not like it is at a premium. I guess they just want to gouge business customers, but I don't like it.

I had no complaints about the room itself, except the lack of wireless Internet. You can't use your laptop in bed - you're tethered to the desk. That's really dumb in this day and age. I had two queen beds however, since the registration person never asked me. I wish he would have at least mentioned that no king beds were available if that was the case. Normally I would ask but it was late and I was tired. Very poor job at registration.

So in summary:

-Poor service at registration
-Terrible building and parking layout (or information about it)
-WAY overpriced (both for the actual stay and the parking surcharge)

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled on business