The Plaza Suites Silicon Valley
Avatar Hotel, a Joie de Vivre hotel(Santa Clara)(Great Value!)
$209
Hilton Santa Clara(Santa Clara)(Great Value!)
$166
$149
$249
CandlewoodSuites
Best Western Santa Clara University Inn(Santa Clara)(Great Value!)
$160
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites(Santa Clara)(Great Value!)
$162
$195
$168
HIExpress.com
Santa Clara Marriott(Santa Clara)(Great Value!)
$285
Marriott Hotels
  • Restaurant
$269
EmbassySuites.com
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Hyatt Regency Santa Clara(Santa Clara)(Great Value!)
$219
Hyatt.com
$119
$107
Official Hotel
All reviewsfree drinksdrink ticketssilicon valleyhappy hourseparate bedroomliving areamade to order omeletspotatoesbreakfast buffetfront desk staffnice poolnice breakfastbusiness tripbusiness centersan franciscoyogurtsanta clara convention center
Reviewed February 12, 2011

The front desk was responsive even though I had my usual long double flight fog. I got my room card, went up to the room and opened the door. I wasn't sure what I was looking at. It was a small comfortable room which made me feel good but confused. I didn't see the bed.

I ended up enjoying that little room. One night I started a pay-for-view movie. Stopped. Went into the adjoining comfortable bed room and restarted it there. It was wonderful that it worked.

The bed was very comfortable and the room quiet. I found an extra blanket in the nice small closet and used it. It was a good four days.

The morning breakfast buffet I wasn't too happy with. I had better luck at work.

I never ate at the restaurant and my one attempt at using the bar wasn't successful. There were many people taking advantage of the free evening wine drinks which I didn't want and it was too crowded for my taste.

On my last night, I went down to the business center and printing my boarding ticket. It was a good thing since my morning flight checkin could have gone much slower if I had been in the boarding pass line. I just needed to checkin one bag.

I tried twice to use the free high speed wireless. Switched to my cellular card.

Parking was great with the parking garage. It is such a shame when I have to up my daily expenses with $10 or higher parking costs.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed December 22, 2010

The airport shuttle starts at 6:30AM-a drawback if you have an early flight.
Rooms are large, clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 10, 2010

My Family And I Stayed in Santa Clara Plaza Suites And The Staff Was Warming, Helpful, Gracious, I Can't Stop Thinking About The Care They Gave Us. We Didn't Want For Anything If You Thought It , It Was There... Thank You Lilah For Such Wonderful Care You And Your Staff Showed Us... Housekeeping Was Great!!!! I Will Highly Recommend Your Hotel To Everyone!!!! First Class All The Way......

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 26, 2010

Our stay was for 3 nights during Thanksgiving week. We found the Plaza Suites to be a surprisingly good value and enjoyed our stay. The price was very reasonable and included: free parking ($16 a day downtown San Jose), free full breakfast and 3 free drink tickets per adult/per night. The full breakfast is exactly what it sounds like, and included made to order egg dishes. The staff was helpful and friendly. Our room was quiet, no noise from the freeway or from other rooms. The biggest negatives would be the uncomfortable sofa bed and the too hard pillows. Although it was nice to have 2 flat screen tvs, the quality of the picture was poor because it was not in HD. Finally, we were surprised that there was a daily charge for internet access. In most hotels, it is free, especially in the Silicone Valley. We enjoyed our dinner at nearby El Torito but not at Sizzler up the street.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed November 23, 2010

This is our second time staying here and once again we were not disappointed. It is a quiet, friendly hotel; the complimentary breakfast is very good. The bar service is very friendly and accommodating.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple