“Hotel helped me to sleep and work hard.”

The Plaza Suites Silicon Valley
Ranked #9 of 32 Hotels in Santa Clara
GreenLeadersSilver level
Pittsburgh
“Hotel helped me to sleep and work hard.”
Reviewed February 12, 2011

The front desk was responsive even though I had my usual long double flight fog. I got my room card, went up to the room and opened the door. I wasn't sure what I was looking at. It was a small comfortable room which made me feel good but confused. I didn't see the bed.

I ended up enjoying that little room. One night I started a pay-for-view movie. Stopped. Went into the adjoining comfortable bed room and restarted it there. It was wonderful that it worked.

The bed was very comfortable and the room quiet. I found an extra blanket in the nice small closet and used it. It was a good four days.

The morning breakfast buffet I wasn't too happy with. I had better luck at work.

I never ate at the restaurant and my one attempt at using the bar wasn't successful. There were many people taking advantage of the free evening wine drinks which I didn't want and it was too crowded for my taste.

On my last night, I went down to the business center and printing my boarding ticket. It was a good thing since my morning flight checkin could have gone much slower if I had been in the boarding pass line. I just needed to checkin one bag.

I tried twice to use the free high speed wireless. Switched to my cellular card.

Parking was great with the parking garage. It is such a shame when I have to up my daily expenses with $10 or higher parking costs.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
Santa Cruz, California
Reviewed December 22, 2010

The airport shuttle starts at 6:30AM-a drawback if you have an early flight.
Rooms are large, clean and comfortable.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed December 10, 2010

My Family And I Stayed in Santa Clara Plaza Suites And The Staff Was Warming, Helpful, Gracious, I Can't Stop Thinking About The Care They Gave Us. We Didn't Want For Anything If You Thought It , It Was There... Thank You Lilah For Such Wonderful Care You And Your Staff Showed Us... Housekeeping Was Great!!!! I Will Highly Recommend Your Hotel To Everyone!!!! First Class All The Way......

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
California
Reviewed November 26, 2010

Our stay was for 3 nights during Thanksgiving week. We found the Plaza Suites to be a surprisingly good value and enjoyed our stay. The price was very reasonable and included: free parking ($16 a day downtown San Jose), free full breakfast and 3 free drink tickets per adult/per night. The full breakfast is exactly what it sounds like, and included made to order egg dishes. The staff was helpful and friendly. Our room was quiet, no noise from the freeway or from other rooms. The biggest negatives would be the uncomfortable sofa bed and the too hard pillows. Although it was nice to have 2 flat screen tvs, the quality of the picture was poor because it was not in HD. Finally, we were surprised that there was a daily charge for internet access. In most hotels, it is free, especially in the Silicone Valley. We enjoyed our dinner at nearby El Torito but not at Sizzler up the street.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
Browns Valley, California
Reviewed November 23, 2010

This is our second time staying here and once again we were not disappointed. It is a quiet, friendly hotel; the complimentary breakfast is very good. The bar service is very friendly and accommodating.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed October 25, 2010

These suites are "true" suites, in that there is a separate room with doors that separate it from the living room area. In my research to find a suite, I noticed that some hotels will call a room a "suite" but there is only a half wall divider or the bedroom is just sectioned off from the living room area. The complimentary breakfast is GREAT! They even have fresh fruit, not the canned fruit that most establishments will serve. The selection is plentiful and quality is really good. Not your typical continental breakfast, but a true breakfast buffet with real eggs (not powder), bacon, sausage, potatoes, pancakes, and even make your own belgian waffles! I would go on and on listing everything available at this buffet, but just know that it's good and they don't cheap out. The rooms are clean and updated. The bathroom is small, but it helps that the sink and vanity area are outside of the bathroom. So, for just a toilet and bath, I guess it's not too bad. The bed is SUPER comfortable. One TV in the bedroom and another in the living room area. The living room area also has a sofa bed that pulls out to a good size...maybe a queen? We brought our 3 kids and we were able to fit 2 cribs in the living room area (and the toddler slept with us on the king size bed). I would definitely come back again when I'm visiting the area. Also very easy and close access to 101. And there's an In n Out right there too! =)

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Timonium, Maryland
Reviewed October 24, 2010

After reading the only review I could find from a few years ago, I was worried. But, they said it was remodeled and it was nice. Food and bar on site, even with a refrigerator and microwave and 2 giant screen tvs. The bed was the best. It was sooo comfortable which makes a difference when sleeping in the wrong time zone.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business