The best quality of this Hyatt is the staff. Every single person was friendly, helpful, professional. The next best quality of this hotel is the proximity to the Santa Clara Convention Center.
From there, certain aspects of this hotel begin to decline. For a convention hotel serving a large convention center, more restaurants should be on site. I was surprised that only one, small sit down restaurant is there, plus a lobby bar with limited food service hours. Our convention was fairly small, yet there was always a 25-45 minute wait for the restaurant for lunch and dinner. Other than this hotel and a neighboring Hilton, the next closest restaurants require transportation.
As for the room, mine was spacious and the room temperature was easy to make comfortable. The shower was great and bed was pretty good, but not the best I have ever experienced. TV remote was partially not functioning. Walls to hallway and neighboring rooms are thin. I found the sound from both sources uncomfortable, so I had to use my portable sound soother to help block door slamming, coughing, conversations, etc.
Upon arrival, I found a few strands of hair in the shower, yet all other aspects of the room seemed clean. The soap, shampoo, and lotion products were quite perfumy for my conservative tastes, so I had to walk to a convenience store (5 min walk) to purchase my own.
The business center has 2 work stations available--simply scan your credit card and you will have internet and printing access---$5.00 for every 10 minutes. If you connect your computer in your room there is a daily charge--I think $10.00.
Aside from the hotel, I quickly learned that cabs are pricy. One way from San Jose airport to the hotel is $25.00 inc tip. While cabs are lined up at the hotel for quick hiring, finding a cab at various restaurants, shopping, entertainment centers in the area isn't easy. Plan for about a 10-15 minute wait for a cab after calling for one. Be sure you have a specific address for your destination--I had problems with two different drivers because I gave a restaurant name and not a street address.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hyatt Regency Santa Clara combines luxury and service with a premier location. Our newly renovated Santa Clara hotel accommodations feature the Hyatt Grand Bed, high-speed Internet access, deluxe amenities and sweeping views. A selection of inviting restaurants offers a variety of cuisine, from classic American to Sushi. Take advantage of extensive meeting facilities and 24-hour business center to make every stay at this Hyatt hotel in Santa Clara a success. With its unmatched service and ideal location - connected to the Convention Center, in the heart of the Silicon Valley and near the Great America Theme Park - you'll discover why we are the premier choice among Santa Clara, California hotels. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hyatt Regency Santa Clara reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Santa Clara Hotel Santa Clara
- Santa Clara Hyatt Regency
- Hyatt Santa Clara