“Nice, comfortable, pleasant experience” 4 of 5 bubbles

Hyatt Regency Santa Clara
Ranked #2 of 32 Hotels in Santa Clara
GreenLeadersSilver level
Salida, California
“Nice, comfortable, pleasant experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

Convenient stay for convention without having to leave building, rooms clean and comfortable. Staff very helpful and pleasant. Evolution Bar for coffees, teas and snack very good and staff was always attentive to all needs.

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Northern Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2013 via mobile

This is the third time the standards group I participate in has used this hotel (week long affair). As it has in the past, everything ... except for one notable exception (to cover later)...was top notch. My room was comfortable, conference facilities were excellent, and the restaurant fare was great. I never did figure out for sure exactly what had gone wrong at the luncheon on Monday but the gift I found in my room later was over the top. I worked on it for the next few days. It would have been nice tho if the plate my goodies were on could fit into in the fridge. No way I'd finish all that stuff inn one day! I confess that my multiple failed attempts to make it fit resulted in some of the berry bowl on the carpet. Nevertheless, I'm quite proud of how well I managed to clean it up. No stain. :-)

Now the not so good. Found it annoying that the special request I made during the reservation process to have non-allergenic pillows was lost. This is not a problem with the Hyatt reservation system; I've stayed at other Hyatts and special requests recorded with my reservation have been accommodated without fail. Thus, I have to conclude that the fault rests with this Hyatt. It took at least 3 calls (one when I checked in, one from my room after an hour, and then a third time after I returned to the front desk again to complain) before my pillows finally got replaced. All told, nearly 4 hrs after checking in. Not an auspicious beginning. But, as indicated above, the rest of my stay was top notch.

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2013

We stayed at the Hyatt Regency Santa Clara while attending the Pacific International Quilt Festival and the Santa Clara Convention Center. The hotel is attached to the convention center, so it is the most convenient place to stay. Our room was modern, clean and comfortable. The lobby lounge is a good place to have drinks and order a light meal. The hotel staff has always been very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Santa Clara, responded to this review, May 13, 2014
Thank you for providing your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Hyatt Regency Santa Clara. I'm so happy that you enjoyed the convenient location our hotel has to offer. I'm so delighted to hear that you receive friendly and helpful service from our associates. I will certainly forward all your feedback to our management team.

We would love to welcome you back and hope to see you soon. Thanks for choosing Hyatt.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2013 via mobile

My son and I stay at this location every year for the Monsters of Hip Hop dance convention. Location is very clean and beds are very comfy. Hotel staff is always friendly and helpful (even with hundreds of kids dancing in every available space!). My only complaint is the elevators...they are ancient and there are only four of them!!! If you stay during a crowded convention like we do be prepared to wait in a very long line or request a very low level room so you can use the stairs.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2013

Nicely sized rooms, which were also well-appointed. I had a quiet, comfortable 2 nights of sleep. Convenient to the airport and the convention center (my conference was at TechMart next door). The lobby has a nice bar area that houses a Starbucks -- great for early morning coffee and pastry. The rates were reasonable too. Would definitely return on a future business trip.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Haifa, Israel
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2013

We reserved a double room for 4 nights. The room that we got was dirty, had many stains near the bed and on the floor, and a noisy air conditioner. The windows could not be closed well and the room was very cold.
When we asked to change the room, we were told that there no free double rooms. The manager had a very problematic attitude and could hardly understand why we want to move.
After we insisted to be moved, surprisingly we were told that there are several options. However we got only one option, which was a small noisy double room and other options all of a sudden disappeared.
All-in-all we feel extremely disappointed and we think that this particular Hyatt hotel is way far from Hyatt standard.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Oleg R
HyattGuestRelations, Hyatt Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Santa Clara, responded to this review, February 7, 2014
Dear Oleg R,

I am very sorry to learn of your stay experience while our guest at the Hyatt Regency Santa Clara. I appreciate your feedback as it allows us to make necessary improvements.

Feel free to contact Hyatt Guest Services at 1-800-323-7249 if we can be of further assistance.

Best,

Julie B--Hyatt Guest Relations
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2013

I love this place because of its Staff, Service, Value and location. The room, sheets, bathroom were awesome: smelled so refreshing, Beautiful style and view. People were all professional and super kind.

Room Tip: Ask for the breakfast to be included.