“Best in class business hotel.”

Hyatt Regency Santa Clara
Ranked #2 of 32 Hotels in Santa Clara
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed October 25, 2013 via mobile

Very nice business hotel.
Staff is top class - every time.
Large rooms, modern.
Area a bit boring - reason to stay is conferences in the convention center.
Good restaurant, food, Wine, service is nice.

• Stayed: October 2013
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Santa Clara, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

Good Evening Jens D,

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your past stay with us. We often hear enthusiastic remarks on how convenient the Hyatt Regency Santa Clara is to the convention center and we consider ourselves a proud business hotel. We are thrilled you were able to enjoy our food and beverage outlets and found your room accommodations fitting. We hope to welcome you back on your next business or leisure travel in Santa Clara.

Safe Travels,

Drew D.-Guest Relations Associate

Write a ReviewReviews (1,451)

Reviewed October 24, 2013

I had the good fortune to attend a few professional events at Hyatt Regency Santa Clara while in Silicon Valley. The hotel is easy to find, with easy free parking in the adjacent structure. Welcoming, big modern lobby and a waiter greeted me to offer a drink at the bar. The ladies' rooms are outfitted with a seating area and they are just spotless which I expect from Hyatt. I have been to the conference rooms upstairs for a function and everything was great including free wi-fi for our group, plus coffee, snacks and quality meals throughout the day. The outside pool area is a very cool space for a party or work function at the right time of year. As a guest at the hotel you must check it out and take a dip, at least in the hot tub. Overall from each of my experiences I have found the staff is professional and the hotel exceeds the needs of business travelers and therefore any guest. I look forward to return to this hotel as a guest when the new 49ers stadium has games. I highly recommend this hotel for meeting planners and groups. Thanks Hyatt Regency!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Santa Clara, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2013

Thank you for going out of your way to share about your recent experience at our hotel. It is wonderful to hear that you found our hotel to be so convenient for the events which you attended. I’m glad that you found the parking to be simple and easily accessible and that our lobby was to your liking. It is great that the convention space and services, as well as the catering services, were all so excellent. We will look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel again in the future.

Abrea H – A Guest Relations Associate

Reviewed October 23, 2013

Stayed two nights during a convention in the adjoining convention center - courteous staff, clean room and friendly, cooperative staff. Restaurant meals a bit pricey for a "small town girl", but probably the current going rate. Servers attentive, gracious and friendly.

Room Tip: Nice view of the new Forty-Niner stadium under construction from our room. Very quiet room even tho...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Stayed here for a couple of times over the past few months. The location is great. The rooms had been pretty consistent, very nice and comfortable. But the hallways look old. I always use the fitness center on the 3rd floor, they always have ice cool wet towels, regular towels, clean headphones and Brita filtered water. The restaurant "Tusca" offers really healthy and tasty food. We had one dinner and two breakfasts there. The problem is that the hotel is always so busy a lot of times you have to park in the parking structure behind the hotel. It is a long walk. and the bar in the lobby is always busy too it takes a while to get your drink.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Pleasant hotel, with excellent front desk service, spacious rooms and all the standard stuff business people love: great bar, lots of space in all public areas, good restaurant and fine outdoor pool/jacuzzi. Wifi is fine, but the procedure to get access rather complicated: although we have a rate including free wifi, I needed to register premium access and virtually accept horrendous pricing - whilst hoping that the front deck staff is right and that I won't be paying extra.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
HyattGuestRelations, A Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Santa Clara, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to provide feedback on your recent stay with us. It is always wonderful to see how our lovely guests felt about their stay. I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our property. We do like providing our business travelers with comfortable spaces throughout the hotel to relax after, or whilst working. Due to our location business travelers are some of our most frequent guests, and we enjoy having you all stay with us. Whether you are coming in for a convention; at the Santa Clara Convention Center, which we are directly attached to; or a small meeting at our property; we can provide you with the necessary space to assist in the completion of your varying tasks. I am pleased that you also discovered our resort style heated swimming pool, and cabanas; as this is a lovely space to wind down after a long day. I am pleased to hear you were able to try, and enjoy, one of our restaurants during your stay as well. It is wonderful that we were able to assist you with the things you needed to make your stay comfortable. I hope we will be able to welcome you back on your next trip to Santa Clara.

Allie H. –A Guest Relations Associate

Reviewed October 20, 2013

I am a little torn about this hotel. I had to stay there for a conference. The signs were confusing when I entered and I ended up parking behind the hotel in a garage when I didn't have to. When I entered the lobby, it looked nice and inviting. There is a sushi bar and regular bar in the lobby along with a Starbucks and a restaurant. Staff were very nice and courteous. The room was fine although no real closet and a little small. Seemed clean and had nice amenities. Walking from the elevator to the room, the décor was so out of date and run down - I get the impression they are in the middle of a remodel or something. Totally didn't match the lobby and everything was a little mismatched. The hotel is not near anything except Great America and the Hilton. That means you are stuck there for eating unless you want to drive somewhere else. The restaurant was decent, but nothing spectacular. All in all I was pretty comfortable, but the scenery inside the hotel was a little odd, the room was small without a real closet, and the choices for dining were not great. If you only care about a clean room, this would be just fine, but not the best Hyatt I've ever been in for sure.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 16, 2013 via mobile

The room was wonderful and the staff were very friendly. Very clean and everything we needed could be found on site. The waitress was cute too. I would stay here again.

The bathroom door was a sliding glass style door with no lock. Stylish, but when traveling for business it doesn't afford quite as much privacy as I would prefer. Then again, I'm a little anal about bathroom privacy.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
HyattGuestRelations, A Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Santa Clara, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I am thrilled you found our associates so helpful, and that they were able to assist you with finding anything you needed. We take pride in the level of service our lovely associates provide, and how they are always willing to go above and beyond. It is wonderful that you found the property clean and stylish as well. I hope we will be able to welcome you back on your next stay in Santa Clara.

Allie H. –A Guest Relations Associate

#3 of 32 in Santa Clara
Avatar Hotel, a Joie de Vivre hotel
Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Santa Clara
HYATT House San Jose/Silicon Valley

Been to Hyatt Regency Santa Clara? Share your experiences!