My eight-year old son and I were spending a special weekend at amusement parks in the San Jose area. We needed to book a hotel, and preferred something that would enable us to avoid additional parking costs at the amusement park.
The Hyatt Regency was a perfect location since it is a 5-minute walk from the gate of Great America and offers free parking. This was useful especially in the middle of the day when we wanted to go back and relax, away from the heat and crowds, and then return in the evening. The next day, we had a short 25-minute drive to Raging Waters in San Jose.
The Regnecy would seem a little high-end for a mom-and-son weekend. But we got a low weekend rate (first sighted on kayak.com, but then I booked directly with the hotel.)
The accomodations were wonderful. There was a mix of business travelers, wedding guests, amusement part tourists, and passersby. We were all loving the place. The service is helpful about everything without being intrusive. The lobby, though corporate, is not too snooty for a family hanging on the weekend. The room was clean, spacious, comfortable, and had everything we needed. Most surprisingly, the hotel restaurants were priced on the high-end, but not the price-gouging of usual hotel restaurants.
One evening we ate out on the patio, near the pool, underneath palm trees. My son ordered from the sushi bar, I ordered a cocktail from the bar, and an entree from the Tresca restaurant. No one made an issue that we ordered from three different registers. We had breakfast in the Tresca -- avoided the high-priced buffet, and took advantage of the low-priced kids meal.
One evening, we ordered room service for just an extra $2 over menu prices. NOt bad, and a great indulgence for a special weekend.
We highly recommend the Hyatt for its service, convenience, and reasonable weekend rate for a high-end hotel. +
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hyatt Regency Santa Clara combines luxury and service with a premier location. Our newly renovated Santa Clara hotel accommodations feature the Hyatt Grand Bed, high-speed Internet access, deluxe amenities and sweeping views. A selection of inviting restaurants offers a variety of cuisine, from classic American to Sushi. Take advantage of extensive meeting facilities and 24-hour business center to make every stay at this Hyatt hotel in Santa Clara a success. With its unmatched service and ideal location - connected to the Convention Center, in the heart of the Silicon Valley and near the Great America Theme Park - you'll discover why we are the premier choice among Santa Clara, California hotels. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hyatt Regency Santa Clara reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Santa Clara Hotel Santa Clara
- Santa Clara Hyatt Regency
- Hyatt Santa Clara