“Great alternative to SF for weekend escape”

Hyatt Regency Santa Clara
Ranked #3 of 32 Hotels in Santa Clara
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed December 31, 2012

We drove up tithe Bay Area for the weekend and booked a room for only $79 per night.

This hotel is located right next to Great America and several Silicon Valley companies so the rack rate for the week Sunday - Thursday is like $300.

We got an updated room, clean lines, spacious size, and modern amenities - our room even had a white Eames chair in it. Typical high standards you would come to expect from a Hyatt but at the same rate you would pay at a Motel 6.

It also had a great pool /deck and hot tub.

The area os typical boring corporate office park setting - perhaps a Red Lobster and PJ McGuilicutty's or some other horrible restaurant where the waitstaff wears "flair". But who cares, with all the moolaa you save you can have a couple of great meals inSF.

I will definitely come back the next time we drive up to the Bay Area. We saved ourselves the money of staying in SF and drove into the City for the day.

• Stayed: December 2012

Reviewed December 28, 2012

The Hyatt at the convention center always aims to please. From attentive front desk to proximity to convention center. Lobby bar is perfect for networking and with great onsite restaurant as well as the myriad of options that silicon valley has to offer. There is not a better place to stay.

Room Tip: Book early.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Santa Clara, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2012

Dear FamilyTraveler62:

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback about your recent stay at our Hyatt Regency Santa Clara. It's great to hear how much you enjoyed the great service provided by our employees. They'll be recognized for the fantastic customer service. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed December 24, 2012

I stayed her twice. One in a double, another time in a suite. I like it...it's modern, light, and bright. Everyone was very nice. No charge for parking is a nice plus. I got a great rate from the Hyatt website.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank foodie007
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Santa Clara, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2012

Dear foodie007:

Thank you for going out of your way to share feedback about your recent stay at our Hyatt Regency Santa Clara. It's great to hear how much you've enjoyed both stays. Our employees will be recognized for the fantastic service provided. We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed December 19, 2012

Was there in a business conference. The hotel is a bit dated. The lobby is nice but rooms are ok. I would expect more from a Hyatt.
The Workout room was a bunch of machines in a converted conference with no windows. TV connections did not work. Air conditioning barely worked. Pretty disappointing.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 19, 2012

We decided to take a chance and book through one of the National sites for a recent holiday family trip.When we found out it was the Hyatt Regency, we were excited never having stayed there. Located near Great America and the new SF 49ers stadium, it was easy to find and parking was no problem. The hotel was huge and if you want an intimate easy experience find another hotel. Very corporate and sterile, we arrived at a room that looked like a hospital room with minimalist design and spartan ammentities. The room was well worn with obvious wear to all the furnishings. It seems that the hotel just did not think through the traval experience.They even wanted to sell you the furniture with a catalog pricing everything from the bed to the linens. Our chair in the room was priced at $4000 (seriously) I sat in it to see how my rear felt on a $4000 chair.(same as a $40 one) Beds were nice,but even the business person wants a little more. Just up the road at another place the experience was different.(will review that separately. The online rooms from the "potluck" travel site have been beat up and seemingly cast off rooms.This is just my experience,but this is what this is all bout right?

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 19, 2012

My company has stayed there for the past three years and this was one of the worst experiences I have had ever had. Past stay were good. First, I pay to sleep and hopefully to sleep well, but that did not happen because of the poor service and room condition. I reserved a king bed, which was not available upon checking in. The room they gave me had hair in the sink and in other areas. The outer door to the cabinet where the mini fridge was was broken and hanging. Then the beds were made improperly! The sheets were about six to ten inches short by my feet and they were rubbing against a disgusting bed mat and the mattress itself. I rose very early because I could not sleep and spoke to supervisor who said the manager (Ryan) would call, but he did not. I had the same problem with the sheets the next day and had them remake the bed that night (I also left a note for the day crew, but that went unread and they did not clean the room properly again). Guess what, the next day I had the same issue with the sheets. Apparently, nobody communicated the issues or management did not care. All that needed to be done was rotate the sheets ninety degrees and the issue would have been solved, but nobody trained the staff properly (I was also supposed to meet with cleaning crew manger, but that person never contacted me either. At two in the morning the next day I called for the supervisor because it was the same issue. This is truly unacceptable especially with four calls to management.

I also had access to the Regency Club, which provides food and a quiet place to work. I mentioned to the employee on duty that there was dark matter coming out of the ice machine and that it was most likely mold and that this is a serious health risk. The machine was never shut down and cleaned the rest of the day.

I believe they are starting renovations and it is sorely needed. the hall ways to the room look like a 1960's Howard Johnson's and so do the rooms with some Scandinavian furniture. The rugs in the hallway are filthy with spots.

I have stayed there before and had a good experience, but this truly was one of my worst ever. For one of the most hi-tech areas in the country with incredible companies and visitors from around the world coming in because it is connected to the convention center it is not a good representation for the area.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank XEMO
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Santa Clara, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2013

Dear XEMO:

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback about your recent stay with us. Our management team has been made aware of these issues, and will work hard to correct them. We hope this doesn't deter you from joining us at a Hyatt property again. We look forward to another opportunity to welcome you back.

Reviewed December 15, 2012

I stayed here earlier this year on a work trip to California. The hotel is well located with good parking. Breakfast was nice with a good choice of either buffet or menu. I wasn't overly impressed that wifi was not included and was an additional cost. The hotel is comfortable but it is starting to show its age. I'm told this is better than the Hilton next door but I may try that next time I'm over so I can compare.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
HYATT House Santa Clara
HYATT House Santa Clara
#2 of 32 in Santa Clara
HYATT House San Jose/Silicon Valley

Been to Hyatt Regency Santa Clara? Share your experiences!