“Great toiletries”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Midwest
“Great toiletries”
Reviewed August 19, 2012

At check-in, the rep asked if she could put me in a "Women's Preference" room. It is a new feature that the Santa Clara property is testing. If popular, Hyatt plans to roll out the program nation-wide.

The "Women's Preference" room had many more toiletries. They include shampoo, conditioner, body wash, body lotion, foot lotion, body scrub, SPF 15 body lotion, lip balm, and face/pillow mist - all in a brand that I am not familiar with (KenetMD Dermatologist-Approved Skincare.) Next to all the toiletries was a list of other items "by request."

The room came with a yoga mat and two light hand weights. In addition to the standard bathrobe, it also included a wrap/shawl. The check-in clerk mentioned that the room also came with many more drawers and a menu listing some lighter food options.

All in all, I was very pleased with the room and plan to request this type on my next visit.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank bamboola

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Cambria, California
Reviewed August 15, 2012

I stayed here for three nights for a convention next store at the Santa Clara convention. The rate I got was excellent! A king size with an upgrade with balcony $122. Hallway access to straight to Convention. Clean hotel, helpful, polite and professional staff. Great food. Nice bar for evening cocktails or morning muffin and coffee. Rooms are comfortable tastefully decorated and spectacular views from east side of hotel. Five starz.....

Room Tip: Request floors 13 and 14 for fabulous views. Quiet away from family rooms if traveling alone or coup...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Vida67
California
Reviewed August 13, 2012

We stayed in a balcony room on the 14th floor. Small room with a patio and table and two chairs. The room was decent, comfortable bed. Could have been a little bit cleaner. Noticed a big dust bunny that the guy from Hotel Impossible would have flipped over. Decent toiletries and gave us toothpaste too. The overall hotel was nice--close to convention center. If you can't find parking in the front, the parking garage behind the hotel was also free. We also got a great rate so we could overlook minor things. Front desk was nice and prompt. Ate at Italian restaurant downstairs, and it was delicious. Only thing to complain about really was that the TV check-out wasn't working as it should, and we had to call to check-out, but not a big deal.

Regarding Great America, you don't need to drive over. Walk across the street to the Hilton and then right past the Hilton, cut across the grass and you are in the GA parking lot. It was only a 5-10 minute walk (not long) to the parking lot of GA, and then another 5 minutes to get to the gate. We got this hotel because of its close proximity to GA and that it had free parking. I heard the hotel sells GA tickets, but we got our tickets 2 for 1 at our local Costco, and those tickets also had a coupon for "Fast Lane" tickets for $30, which was better than what they were charging at the door.

We would stay again if we were coming back to Great America. It worked for what we wanted.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank SKPA
Monterey, California
Reviewed August 12, 2012

Stayed at a suite during a convention. The hotel entrance was really nice. I like the fountains in front welcoming all guests. Upon entering I noticed that the hotel was crowded. There were a lot of people - perhaps attending the convention. I believe it's also a known place to hang out at the bar after work.

I stayed at a suite. The room had one and a half baths, a living/dining room, and a bedroom suite. Both bathrooms were modern design. The bed was also comfortable. All the bathroom accessories were provided, including toothpaste. I like the smell of the lotion/soap. The internet connection was also fast.

What I did not like about the room was the thin walls. I can actually hear voices coming from the next room. I tried turning the a/c on to drown out the sound and to also make the room cooler but it was silent. Plus, it did not really function well. I had to open the window for cool ventilation. I contacted front desk to find out if they had an electric fan, but they did not have one.

I would just say this is a nice hotel but not as comfortable as it seems to be.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank TRTW
Cambridge, UK
Reviewed August 11, 2012

There's now a new set of facilities for Hyatt Gold members - the Regency Club on the ground floor. There's complementary breakfast, snacks through the day, Wifi, business centre (with printing) and an honour (honor) bar in the evenings. Breakfast isn't available every day of the week, but I was impressed, and used it when available.

Staff continue to be helpful and friendly.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Santa Cruz, California
Reviewed August 8, 2012

This was my sixth stay at this specific Hyatt in a year. I'm so done with them I actually checked out after one night (of my five night reservation...which they messed up anyways).

Reservation for a King bed means nothing to this staff. Yes, I know, they can't "assure your selection" but...they only had a King ONCE in six stays. Fail!!!

Room is worn, at best. Wood in bathroom is water stained. Carpet is dirty. No shampoo (had to do the bar of soap hair). Desk chair is horrible, uncomfortable and unadjustable. Elevator buttons are surrounded by dirt and torn wall paper.

Lastly, the "attempts" of the staff to "help" were laughable. Since they couldn't give me a King they said they had a "nice quite room" for me. RIGHT NEXT TO THE ICE MACHINE. Not sure who thinks this is a quite locaiton for a room...sure it was a long walk from the elevetor but...quite...come one.

So...all and all...only the bar and TusCA save this from a rating of 1. Too bad my company's Silicon Valley HQ is accross the street so I'm forced to stay here. I'm defintiely looking into the Hilton accross the street...

Room Tip: be prepared to settle for two doubles...no queens...kings are practically none existant and never av...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank AirMowb
Park City, Utah
Reviewed August 8, 2012

We arrived at midnight after delayed flights and rental car hassles and were ready for a good night's sleep. It was one more travel hassle to find out that the port-a-crib we reserved months before was in fact considered a "request" and not a "reservation." This is a huge policy mistake on the part of the hotel, because it means all their effort to provide a nice bed, etc is wasted because one member of your party does not have a bed at all. A crib should be a reservation I can count on.
We were promised the crib the next day at 9 am, but this didn't remedy a sleepless night with our infant forced to sleep in our bed. The next day in the afternoon, we still didn't have the crib and would not have gotten one if we hadn't complained to a manager who kindly borrowed one from the Marriott.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
HYATT House Santa Clara
HYATT House Santa Clara
#3 of 32 in Santa Clara
HYATT House San Jose/Silicon Valley

Been to Hyatt Regency Santa Clara? Share your experiences!