Madison Street Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
The Capri Motel(Santa Clara)
Hotel Stratford(Santa Clara)
Mariani's Inn(Santa Clara)
View Hotel
All reviewsb bfriendly hostssterile chainhome away from homecomfortable bedsilicon valleylarge roomfresh fruitralphconcertunitacsleeping
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Another great getaway with wonderful breakfasts by the pool and great visits with other guests. Theresa and Ralph are outstanding Innkeepers. They make every guest feel welcome. We called in advance that we would be arriving later than expected and they had the hot tub ready when we arrived at 9:30. Checkout was very flexible. Two nights wasn't long enough.

Room Tip: The Madison room is at the front of the inn and we enjoy sitting on the front porch in the afternoon.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

I found
If I go to santa clara thatwould be the place for me to stayhis place buy expedia.com I selected this place, based on the trip advisor recommendations, it all good remarks end up very true. this place is a cozy place in a not really "happening area part of the town".

This hold is part of american history as it was build 1890!!! For the amount of care and service I have received , I wouldn't care about the location as I really wanted to stay in. The host was very sweet (Kate) and helpful. The breakfast was great. It was clean and the decoration had a touch of european taste which would add up to the place.

The only cons I can think of is upgrading and renovation since the house is pretty old.

Overall, if I come to Santa Clara that would be definitly one of my first option s to choose

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 19, 2013

I recently booked the Madison Street Inn for our base of operations while in the Bay Area for my son's wedding. We needed a place that we could use for access to San Francisco, Oakland and Gilroy. The Madison Street Inn was a perfect location. We also flew in and out of SJC and the Inn is only 3.5 miles from the Airport.
The innkeeper, Theresa, was friendly and helpful and definitely not creepy (see previous review for reference). Her staff was equally friendly. They were there to help but not intrusive. By the time we left I felt like they knew all of us.
The food was great. They catered our family dinner for 45 people including children and did a fantastic job. They provided breakfast to those in our family staying at the B&B and also to those staying offsite (for a fee of course). After the first breakfast at the B&B no one ate at their hotel. The tables out near the pool made for a great place to gather the family for the meal. We have a family tradition of a big breakfast on the wedding day and the crew at the Madison Street Inn really delivered with waffles, fruit and the groom's favorite, bread pudding. I can't leave the food topic without mentioning the daily delivery of warm chocolate chip cookies. All they needed was a glass of milk to make them perfect.
The rooms worked well for us. We would have liked more of them as our family over flowed the B&B to a local Hilton property. As indicated some were small but that worked ok for us. It was great to have the bulk of our family in one location and then the flexibility of the staff to allow the rest of the family to join them at the B&B.
The location was a suburban neighborhood. No concerns for safety and they had good cell coverage and offered wifi. Grocery stores, restaurants, and shopping nearby. When we needed food we went to Safeway about 3 miles away. Fast food within walking distance. As mentioned earlier it is just a few miles from the airport but had no airport noise.
All in all, we had a great time in Santa Clara. My expectations were met and exceeded. Theresa, her husband, and her staff were so accommodating to our needs. Even if my next trip to the Bay Area is on business I will be sure to stay at the Madison Street Inn.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Michael R
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Did a quick stay over on business trip when my boyfriend and I were in the area on business. Room are cozy and functional. Our hosts were totally friendly, the grounds were lovely, and breakfast was wonderful.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ed R
Reviewed March 7, 2013

We stayed at MSI for eight days and found it delightful in every way. The location is perfect -- near the airport yet in a peaceful neighborhood, close to all Silicon Valley attractions as well as only a short drive for day trips to San Francisco, beach, redwoods, and even Carmel. Theresa, the owner, is friendly as are those who help her, the breakfasts are good and her chocolate chip cookies are to die for. We'll be back....

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
tesswsantaclara, Owner at Madison Street Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2014

We are glad that staying in Santa Clara worked out so well for this guest.
It does make a great base for heading north or south.
We are proud of the fact that our small staff follows in our footsteps in attempting to make everyone feel at home:)