“A piece of quiet corner where you rather to stay in to go out!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Madison Street Inn

Madison Street Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Santa Clara B&B and Inns
Newport Beach
“A piece of quiet corner where you rather to stay in to go out!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

I found
If I go to santa clara thatwould be the place for me to stayhis place buy expedia.com I selected this place, based on the trip advisor recommendations, it all good remarks end up very true. this place is a cozy place in a not really "happening area part of the town".

This hold is part of american history as it was build 1890!!! For the amount of care and service I have received , I wouldn't care about the location as I really wanted to stay in. The host was very sweet (Kate) and helpful. The breakfast was great. It was clean and the decoration had a touch of european taste which would add up to the place.

The only cons I can think of is upgrading and renovation since the house is pretty old.

Overall, if I come to Santa Clara that would be definitly one of my first option s to choose

• Stayed August 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

I recently booked the Madison Street Inn for our base of operations while in the Bay Area for my son's wedding. We needed a place that we could use for access to San Francisco, Oakland and Gilroy. The Madison Street Inn was a perfect location. We also flew in and out of SJC and the Inn is only 3.5 miles from the Airport.
The innkeeper, Theresa, was friendly and helpful and definitely not creepy (see previous review for reference). Her staff was equally friendly. They were there to help but not intrusive. By the time we left I felt like they knew all of us.
The food was great. They catered our family dinner for 45 people including children and did a fantastic job. They provided breakfast to those in our family staying at the B&B and also to those staying offsite (for a fee of course). After the first breakfast at the B&B no one ate at their hotel. The tables out near the pool made for a great place to gather the family for the meal. We have a family tradition of a big breakfast on the wedding day and the crew at the Madison Street Inn really delivered with waffles, fruit and the groom's favorite, bread pudding. I can't leave the food topic without mentioning the daily delivery of warm chocolate chip cookies. All they needed was a glass of milk to make them perfect.
The rooms worked well for us. We would have liked more of them as our family over flowed the B&B to a local Hilton property. As indicated some were small but that worked ok for us. It was great to have the bulk of our family in one location and then the flexibility of the staff to allow the rest of the family to join them at the B&B.
The location was a suburban neighborhood. No concerns for safety and they had good cell coverage and offered wifi. Grocery stores, restaurants, and shopping nearby. When we needed food we went to Safeway about 3 miles away. Fast food within walking distance. As mentioned earlier it is just a few miles from the airport but had no airport noise.
All in all, we had a great time in Santa Clara. My expectations were met and exceeded. Theresa, her husband, and her staff were so accommodating to our needs. Even if my next trip to the Bay Area is on business I will be sure to stay at the Madison Street Inn.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Michael R
Pollack Pines, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

Did a quick stay over on business trip when my boyfriend and I were in the area on business. Room are cozy and functional. Our hosts were totally friendly, the grounds were lovely, and breakfast was wonderful.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ed R
USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

We stayed at MSI for eight days and found it delightful in every way. The location is perfect -- near the airport yet in a peaceful neighborhood, close to all Silicon Valley attractions as well as only a short drive for day trips to San Francisco, beach, redwoods, and even Carmel. Theresa, the owner, is friendly as are those who help her, the breakfasts are good and her chocolate chip cookies are to die for. We'll be back....

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
tesswsantaclara, Owner at Madison Street Inn, responded to this review, August 18, 2014
We are glad that staying in Santa Clara worked out so well for this guest.
It does make a great base for heading north or south.
We are proud of the fact that our small staff follows in our footsteps in attempting to make everyone feel at home:)
Gig Harbor, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

I had the delight to stay at the Madison Street Inn recently while in Santa Clara for a few days for work. The location was perfect, a quiet corner off a main thoroughfare, so I could both walk to restaurants and explore the area, and also enjoy the peace and quiet of a neighborhood. The house itself is lovely - a century-plus old Victorian with updates that fit nicely. The backyard has an amazing pool (too cool temps to try in January), yet was so nice to sit outside and enjoy the flowers, lemon and orange trees and relax after a big day. My room was downstairs, which thought it was petite, it had a comfy bed and I took advantate of the gorgeous clawfoot tub in the bathroom that had recently been redesigned. The hosts were very welcoming and friendly. They assisted me with arranging for cabs at early hours and really made me feel at home. The price was very reasonable and I will definitely stay there again if the opportunity arises.

Room Tip: If you want to really bathe in style, ask for the room downstairs with the large clawfoot tub.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Grand Rapids, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

My husband and I were headed to San Jose from San Francisco for a concert at HP Pavilion and wanted to stay overnight to make it feel more like a vacation. We wanted to stay in a neighborhood and a B&B versus a chain hotel, and we were lucky enough to discover Madison Street Inn in Santa Clara. What a find! We met Ralph upon arrival, who showed us around the place and even offered us a drink by the pool. We had booked the smallest/most economical room since we knew we wouldn't be in our room much, and to our pleasant surprise, they had upgraded us to a nicer, larger room - and at no extra charge! We sat out and talked to Ralph by the pool and felt like we were neighbors/friends more than lodgers - so much so that the time passed quickly and we realized we were late in leaving for the concert!

After returning to the house following the concert, we were greeted by plate of homemade cookies and a glass of port - a wonderful way to finish off the day. We slept soundly in our spacious, quiet room in the lower level, and then we were greeted to a wonderful breakfast on the sunny patio by the pool. We decided to check out the campus of Santa Clara University, which we discovered was an easy walk through the neighborhood. Then we came back for our car and headed back home, much to our sadness.

Bottom line: Madison Street Inn is a homey, neighborhood B&B with friendly proprieters at a great value -- an excellent oasis in the midst of the hustle and bustle of Silicon Valley.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
tesswsantaclara, Owner at Madison Street Inn, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay at the Inn.
Ralph and I like to think that we provide a change of pace in Silicon Valley, while providing all the essentials of life such as fast wi-fi and flat screen TV's!! As well as a library of good books and movies to enjoy.
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2012

Had a conference to attend in San Jose, and all the big guys were full. (Thankfully!)
Came across this place on the internet, and couldn't believe the great reviews. Had to check it out to see if they were all nuts (or paid off).
I couldn't believe that places like this still existed. Very cute little B&B. Incredible hosts Teressa and Ralph. Great food, great hospitality. It really was a truely delightful experience. Next time I'm in the area I won't hesitate staying there. Why would you pay more for a sterile chain hotel room. I have stayed in many of these all over the world, and none of them offered free cookies, port, and a BBQ around the firepit after a long days work! Really feels like you are popping around to with friends who just invited you over.
Great job guys!!

Fairmont San Jose
Fairmont San Jose
#6 of 75 in San Jose
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,082 reviews

Been to Madison Street Inn? Share your experiences!