Madison Street Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
The Capri Motel(Santa Clara)
Hotel Stratford(Santa Clara)
Mariani's Inn(Santa Clara)
View Hotel
All reviewsb bfriendly hostssterile chainhome away from homecomfortable bedsilicon valleylarge roomfresh fruitralphconcertunitacsleeping
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 12, 2012

I stayed at the Madison Street Inn from mid-January until the end of April. Aside from giving me a clean, quiet, comfortable room at an unbeatable price, there were all kinds of unexpected extras. Theresa brought me homemade soup when I was sick, found me good people to paint and clean my current home prior to move-in, and always kept the inn's parlor stocked with port and wonderful chocolate chip cookies. Ralph, meanwhile, fixed my car, took me to an authentic San Jose speakeasy, and orchestrated at least one gourmet dinner a week for the inn's guests.

I miss the place already!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Bill M
Reviewed April 22, 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights with our dog Cooper. It was my husband's first time in a B&B & we really had a great time. Even our dog was happy playing in the backyard with their dog Lana. The location itself is very convenient. We had a nice breakfast prepared every morning. The chocolate chip cookies was to die for. The hosts Ralph & Teresa are very accommodating & attentive to their guests. We will be staying here again if we happen to be in town.

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed February 17, 2012

I would definitely go back and recommend this B&B to others. The building is original, the furnishings are very comfortable while fitting in well, and the garden and pool area provide an enjoyable place to hang out if you have the time (and you should take the time). Above all, Ralph and Theresa are very warm and welcoming hosts. And did I mention the cookies?

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed January 7, 2012

The hostess was friendly, the daily display of cookies and breakfasts were a delight! Some downsides: ants by the coffee, very sticky drawers in the rooms, tiny sinks, intermittent internet [which was fixed on the last day]. However, these were all minor. The location is wonderful, a short walking distance to the post office, shopping, & restaurants. It's a short drive from the San Jose airport, adding to the ease. Thank you, Madison St. Inn!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
tesswsantaclara, Owner at Madison Street Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2012

I am glad that this couple enjoyed their stay at the Madison street Inn, despite its quirks:)
Being in the HEART of silvan Valley, we live for our Internet connection( sadly!) .
We just went through some defective router issues, but happily this has been totally resolved and our Internet is better than ever!

Reviewed December 24, 2011

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Madison Street Inn. This was our first time staying at a Bed & Breakfast. We experienced comfortable, relaxing accommodations, including varied, delicious breakfast entrees, and enlightening conversations with the owners and guests. While there, it became our home away from home. We are looking forward to our next trip to California so we can, again, visit with Theresa and Ralph at Madison Street Inn. – J. & B.

Room Tip: The Madison Room was perfect for the two of us and it has its own bathroom.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple