Book In Advance
  • Tour highlights & full itinerary
  • Easy online booking
  • Lowest price guaranteed
More Information

All reviews water park gold striker amusement park flight deck season pass roller coaster boomerang bay all ages halloween haunt top gun great theme park lazy river funnel cake fast pass minute wait big rides planet snoopy
Reviewed July 14, 2013

I attended your park on July 13, 13 as part of a company picnic, and I must say I had a horrible experience. At approximately 7pm, my boyfriend attempted to help a lost child that wandered into the “Golden Oldies” photo studio in your park. Apparently he advised the security guard to use the PA system from the karaoke stand to broadcast the child’s name, as this was his experience as a previous security guard. The guard he spoke with advised him there was a procedure and he conceded.
Approximately 15 minutes later, four security guards approached him. The three guards whose names I got were K. Evans, Chris, and K. Medano, who said his name was “Kevin”. These guards approached our group, my boyfriend, his two children and myself in an aggressive manner with a “what’s the problem here” attitude. I found this behavior to be grossly inappropriate and misguided, as I have never experienced this before in an amusement park or in any other public situation ever. We were not only offended but the children were frightened and we decided to leave.
I must let you know that I will never attend your amusement park again. I told the security guards that I felt their behavior was inappropriate as my boyfriend was trying to be a Good Samaritan. To this, K. Medano gave me a smug grin and said “okay”. I suggest you consider strongly giving your security guards an in service presentation in customer service and communication as they obviously need to learn how to approach individuals and interpret situations critically without jumping to conclusions.
I feel that any corporation who feels it is appropriate to treat its patrons like they are doing something wrong by trying to be helpful does not deserve our business.

6  Thank Robin R
Reviewed July 12, 2013

I'm from SF and had not been to this park since 7 years, so I came back with my oldest daughter because the last time we were there my daughter was 8 years old. We were having a good time. On Saturday July 6 there were more people than last Friday as they had a jazz concert and of course more waiting lines in the rides. The last ride we were about to get on Flight Deck so we left our stuff in the big bins, after the ride finished I came to take my purse and we find that its not there, we looked everywhere but that's when we realized someone had taken my purse. They literally stole everything I had, my wallet with money and credit cards, my cellphone, my camera, everything! We don't have a car, so I had to return by train to SF which we didn't have the money for anymore. The worst thing is that no one cared about it, not even the police. No one cares that people are being stolen. I am very disappointed with the security, they're supposed to be watching your things while your up in the rides, strongly disagree with the policies of the park that seem not to care about it. And of course my season pass was in my purse and I asked them if they can replace them but they told me I have to pay $15 more for each one. WHAT??!!!!! Seriously people? Worst security Park ever, not even that happened to me in other bigger them parks like Disneyland or Universal Studios which they really have a good security system.

So BE CAREFUL PEOPLE especially women or people wearing backpacks under your own risk leaving their things in games and not finding them when getting off, because really the park and people DO NOT CARE if you lose your valuables. So put your things in a locker and really just bring money in your pockets, that's it!

But honestly I don't recommend this park for the security system they have. They should alert the people in the park what was happening that day because there were more people like me who were stolen too.

2  Thank Sandra S
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Been there twice and my daughter likes the rides and the water slides.not to mention the wave pool and the pool for little kids.great place for the family.little bit of everything.

1  Thank reddy707
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Great America Park's advertisement for the recent July 4th weekend said:"Come celebrate Independence Day 2013 and see one of the largest fireworks displays in the Bay Area at California’s Great America theme park on Friday and Saturday, July 5-6, 2013." I love fireworks show and wanted to avoid the crowds in San Franciso, so we went to Great America. WHAT A DISAPPOINTMENT. The fireworks display lasted all of ten minutes, maybe eleven minutes. It was not even close to spectacular; a few doubles and triple boomers but nothing close to impressive. My friends did go to the SF show by the pier and they said it was a fantastic 30 minute show. Not very patriotic Great America, I suspect they just put on their regular fireworks show which they have every Saturaday evening.

2  Thank notperfectalas2
Reviewed July 9, 2013

this is a knock off of the even better six flags great america in Chicago. but this is opinion based, so I'll try to give it a comparison. The rides are better at six flags, but the foods better hear. a lot more stuff the do at SF, And this has the gold rush, which is your average wooden coaster. Not trying to disappoint any one who likes this park, but Six flags is better that the west coast knock off!

3  Thank Mason K