“Food decent - staff issues?”
Review of La Fontana

La Fontana
Reserve with OpenTable
La Fontana is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #36 of 428 Restaurants in Santa Clara
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Tasman Drive
Transit: VTA light Rail stop (GREAT AMERICA) is located across the street
Description: A hidden gem with over-the-top flavors, La Fontana restaurant brings California and Mediterranean cuisine to life. Enjoy a hot breakfast buffet daily, or locally inspired lunch and dinner menus. Join us in our restaurant or in our Lobby Lounge for a more casual atmosphere.
Cambridge, UK
“Food decent - staff issues?”
Reviewed August 11, 2012

I've been here three times now, and on two of those occasions, asked for a specific change to a dish (no cheese sprinkled on top): on both occasions I've had to send the food back. That said, when it arrived, it was very tasty, if lacking somewhat in terms of finesse. Wine list OK, as well.

Generally, staff haven't seemed that interested, though we did OK with our server on one occasion.

• Visited July 2012

• Korean first
Chapin, South Carolina
“Wrong name for the offered fare”
Reviewed June 12, 2012

I was driving around Santa Clara looking for an Italian restaurant after a long day of meetings. I decided to drop into the La Fontana restaurant in the Hilton Hotel in Santa Clara. I fully expected an nice Italian menu to be placed in front of me and was astounded when an American fare menu was handed to me. I had the Rib Eye steak which was perfectly cooked and covered with delicious mushrooms. The accompanying mashed potatoes were somewhat dry and bland, but the blanched vegetables were excellent. Pricing was mediocre for a hotel restaurant. I won't be back, there are so many better restaurants in the area.

• Visited June 2012
San Jose, California
“If you like food poisoning look no further!”
Reviewed April 18, 2012

Stopped in while staying at the hotel to have dessert before tucking in for the night. Enjoyed a perfectly mediocre Creme Brûlée Cheesecake. A few hours later I found myself violently ill. Definitely not worth it. Avoid like the plague you'll get from dining here.

• Visited April 2012
San Diego, California
“Nice Breakfast”
Reviewed February 11, 2012

Had a fresh fruit plate and oatmeal in the morning. They have a lot of healthy options to choose from

Visited February 2012
Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin
“Good food, service could be better”
Reviewed December 9, 2011

I had breakfast here. The food was fine, but the staff disappeared and I couldn't get my coffee refilled.

Visited December 2011