TripAdvisor
Santa Clara
Post
Inbox
Search

“Mongolian BBQ that is not a chain”

Su's Mongolian Barbeque Restaurant
Ranked #38 of 533 Restaurants in Santa Clara
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed March 1, 2013

If you like good food and could care less about atmosphere, try it out. Linoleum out front, giant Mongolian hot plate in the back.

Date of visit: February 2013
Write a reviewReviews (36)

Reviewed January 23, 2013

If you like Mongolian grills, this place has the best food that I've tried in the area. The meats were all fresh. They had a good variety of veggies, and again fresh. The sauce choices were more than adequate, including a curry and sweet and sour that you don't always see. Also, they had plenty of condiments to apply after the preparation, including terriyaki. In addition, they had a nice mini-buffet to help fill.. again better than the others.

While the food is better than the others, the cost is also higher than the others. $12 for lunch. Also, the service is very hands off. Generally, I like that. But, since this was our first visit and the layout is a bit different, it might have been nice if someone asked if we needed anything or help.

We will return when we are in the area for lunch.

Date of visit: January 2013
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Simply the best. I've been going to Su's regularly for about 20 years. While the prices have gone up (they used to be $6.95 for all you can eat), Su's still delivers on the quality and quantity. Get a bowl, add meat, then vegetables, and finally add sauces to suit your taste. Watching the food cooked on the giant wok is fun. Save room for the soft-serve ice cream (included in price) after your meal -- you may need it to cool yourself down if you had a spicy sauce mix.

Date of visit: December 2012
Reviewed November 7, 2012

If you like Mongolian Grill type of food, you'll appreciate this place more. Alas, I'm not a big fan. Went there on a Monday when the other restaurant I wanted to go to is closed on Mondays.

Overall, there is a pretty good variety of meats, veggies, noodles for the stri-fry. Saunces are better than what you usually get at other Mongolian Grill places.

I wouldn't disrecommend anyone from going to it, but I probably won't pay another visit next time if I have other choices.

Date of visit: October 2012
Reviewed August 7, 2012

Arrived in Santa Clara on a business trip - did not eat that much the whole day. Found this place near my hotel - all u can eat style. Mongolian BBQ is great if you are hungry! Good food! I had a couple of servings of their meat (beef, chicken and shrimp)! At the end, I had a soft ice cream cone - good ending!!

Date of visit: August 2012