TripAdvisor
Santa Clara
Post
Inbox
Search

“Quality great... service and cost not so much”

Su's Mongolian Barbeque Restaurant
Ranked #38 of 533 Restaurants in Santa Clara
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed January 23, 2013

If you like Mongolian grills, this place has the best food that I've tried in the area. The meats were all fresh. They had a good variety of veggies, and again fresh. The sauce choices were more than adequate, including a curry and sweet and sour that you don't always see. Also, they had plenty of condiments to apply after the preparation, including terriyaki. In addition, they had a nice mini-buffet to help fill.. again better than the others.

While the food is better than the others, the cost is also higher than the others. $12 for lunch. Also, the service is very hands off. Generally, I like that. But, since this was our first visit and the layout is a bit different, it might have been nice if someone asked if we needed anything or help.

We will return when we are in the area for lunch.

Date of visit: January 2013
Write a reviewReviews (36)

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Simply the best. I've been going to Su's regularly for about 20 years. While the prices have gone up (they used to be $6.95 for all you can eat), Su's still delivers on the quality and quantity. Get a bowl, add meat, then vegetables, and finally add sauces to suit your taste. Watching the food cooked on the giant wok is fun. Save room for the soft-serve ice cream (included in price) after your meal -- you may need it to cool yourself down if you had a spicy sauce mix.

Date of visit: December 2012
Reviewed November 7, 2012

If you like Mongolian Grill type of food, you'll appreciate this place more. Alas, I'm not a big fan. Went there on a Monday when the other restaurant I wanted to go to is closed on Mondays.

Overall, there is a pretty good variety of meats, veggies, noodles for the stri-fry. Saunces are better than what you usually get at other Mongolian Grill places.

I wouldn't disrecommend anyone from going to it, but I probably won't pay another visit next time if I have other choices.

Date of visit: October 2012
Reviewed August 7, 2012

Arrived in Santa Clara on a business trip - did not eat that much the whole day. Found this place near my hotel - all u can eat style. Mongolian BBQ is great if you are hungry! Good food! I had a couple of servings of their meat (beef, chicken and shrimp)! At the end, I had a soft ice cream cone - good ending!!

Date of visit: August 2012
Reviewed May 29, 2012

I've been coming to Su's over 20 years now. This place is an awesome all-you-can eat Mongolian BBQ -- you choose the meats, veggies, and sauces, and they cook it on an iron "rock" for you. In addition, there are egg rolls, fried wontons, sesame balls, sweet-and-sour pork, fried rice, and more on the steam table. There's even soft-serve ice-cream for desert. The decor is nothing to write home about, but it's a great place for lunch or dinner with friends or family.

Date of visit: May 2012