“my first pizza”

Vesuvio Restaurant
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Delivery
Description: Vesuvio's Italian Restaurant and Pizzeria has been a Santa Clara landmark for the past 50 years. We have delicious pizza, pasta and more for dine in or catering. Established in 1956, Vesuvio is still family owned and operated. Our restaurant is known for its pizza and pasta dishes, made fresh daily with the highest-quality ingredients. Our pizza is influenced by a combination of our original Italian Neapolitan recipe and the New York style, and features homemade dough and sauces.Whether you are planning a corporate retreat, special anniversary, or a birthday, Vesuvio offers a unique Italian catering service. Our catering features authentic, Neapolitan-style pizza that is prepared on location in an authentic, Italian wood-burning oven. Choose from a variety of pasta dishes, grilled meats and more.
Oakland, Oregon
“my first pizza”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

As a teenager in 1959 this was the first time I had ever tasted pizza, to me it will always be what pizza should taste like. I left the bay area in 1984 and moved to Oregon, I have told many people about Vesuvio's pizza. the last time I was in the area and past the restaurant the wonderful smell brought back many good memories. I have tried to find out what cheese they use for years, its not just the regular stuff the chains use.
I miss them.
Butch

• Visited October 2012

Las Vegas
“Pizza is Very Good!”
Reviewed April 27, 2013

If you like a place where you walk up and order after looking at a selection of what seems like one hundred different things, this is the place for you. It is very self serve from ordering to water to picking up your food. I recommend the food as it is very tasty and the pizza is quite good. The atmosphere is old school like something you would get on the east coast with a bar rather than your typical chain.

Overall I would rate Vesuvios as very good and advise you to try it out!

• Visited April 2013
Santa Clara, California
“Delicious pizza and pasta dishes!”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We have been going to Vesuvios Restaurant since I was a child! The food is always perfect and the servers are friendly. We love their pizza and all of the pasta entrees. Not a fancy dining room but excellent food..even the take out is delicious!

• Visited November 2012
Michael D, Owner at Vesuvio Restaurant, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
It's amazing how time flies, isn't it? Thanks so much for your review, and for all the support over the years. It's an honor to hear our food called perfect - I'll be sure to share this with the whole staff. Hope to see you again soon!

Best,
Michael Del Monaco
Owner
Sunnyvale, California
“Not the same”
Reviewed May 11, 2012 via mobile

Used to be a family run business by brothers, who have all passed away. Not sure who is running it these days but they offer Italian food and thin crust pizza, lasagna and the other typical entrees.

Michael D, Michael Del Monaco at Vesuvio Restaurant, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
hiredpen,

Thanks for your review back in May. We're still family owned and operated. It's been over 56 years and quite frankly the true "Mom & Pop" restaurants are becoming a thing of the past. The history of Vesuvio is so inbeted in Santa Clara that we are not going away soon.

Thanks again,
Michael Del Monaco
Owner
Cork, Ireland
“Great concept, easy process, but the food is not that amazing. Nice enough place though with friendly staff.”
Reviewed October 8, 2008