“yummmmmm! just go :)”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
bay area, california
“yummmmmm! just go :)”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2014

Deeeeeeeeeeelicious, great service, nice atmosphere. I am soooo glad I came across this gem! I had been searching for a new sushi "home" and I found it. I have been here many times now and I have not once been disappointed. Everything we've had has fresh and tasty. I have gone with several different groups of friends which is fun because people order different things that I get to try that I wouldn't typically order. Some of the rolls may not have been "my" thing (more on the sweet side) but they were fresh and weren't bad...just not my choice. I love their sushi & appetizers. I came with my granddaughter and she got a kids bento box. It was the size of an adult size meal and the teriyaki chicken was great. So far I haven't had one disappointing thing at this restaurant. The service is good, sometimes a bit slow but everyone is very nice. I will be back again and again! So happy it's here. (some of my favorites: the josee, one that has cayanne, four seasons, spicy edamame, tuna tetaki...I could go on and on...just go, you won't be disappointed)

• Visited July 2014

Santa Clara, California
“Nice Rolls”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2014

nice atmosphere although we have to wait for 15mn for a party of 8 with reservation on a weekday. Locate in an old plaza center but inside the decoration is nice, good rolls, good sashimi, Orange Ball roll is tasty.

• Visited July 2014
Sunnyvale, California, United States
“Great Sushi and Teriyaki”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

Fresh and tasty sushi and teriyaki. Nice atmosphere with great music. Very friendly service, which is hard to find at a lot of the local sushi restaurants. Don't let the center fool you, it's a little seedy on the outside, but a pleasant surprise when you get inside.

Visited July 2013
Denver, CO
“Best Sushi Outside of Hawaii - 90+ Specialty Rolls”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2013

1st: Incredible Rolls and Nigiri. I haved traveled throughout the US and border countries for 20+ years, and this is definitely one of the top sushi restaurants that I have been too - better than Nobu and the like; although, at reasonable prices.
Suggestions: Rolls: Fhat Joe (crab,spicytuna,tempurashrimp,avoc,sauces,sweetpotatocrunch!), Pookie-Boo(spicytuna,cucumb,creamchees,tuna,avoc,macadamianuts,sauce).
Nigiri - tuna w/avocad,mango and salmon w/apple and onion sauce.
Of course they have standard nigiri and rolls also...we found the nigiri tuna with meyer lemon and jalapeno to be good, but not great - the meyer lemon sauce tends to overwhelm (we had a roll with it also).
Regardless - this is a fantastic place and easily the best in the Palo Alto-San Jose corridor.
Medium sized restaurant 3 minutes away from the ridiculously crowded Santana Row shopping center...and about 3X the quality and value of any restaurant at Santana Row (including Blowfish)! Don't let the 'run down strip center' dissuade you: the interior is stylish yet simple, with a pleasant buzz, booths, and moody lighting.
Fantastically friendly family-staff that were very helpful with moving reservations, offering suggestions, with attentive service.

• Visited February 2013