“Crab Stuffed Salmon with artichokes!!!”

By-Th'-Bucket Bar and Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
By-Th'-Bucket Bar and Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #28 of 428 Restaurants in Santa Clara
Cuisines: American, Bar, Italian, Seafood, Pub
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Santa Clara, California
“Crab Stuffed Salmon with artichokes!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

Crab stuffed Salmon with artichokes is my absolute favorite. Sooooooooo delicious and cooked to perfection every time. My husband loves the Cioppino. Great food here, can't go wrong with anything on the menu.

• Visited April 2013

Boynton Beach, Florida
“Always a Favorite”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Good place for a family meal. Good food, reasonable portions and reasonable prices. Not fancy, but good Italian seafood. We are regulars, and will continue to be.

Visited January 2014
Sunnyvale, CA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,509 helpful votes
“Elegant surroundings, slow service, big selection, average food, use coupon”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2013

We went down to By the Bucket Bar and Grill in Santa Clara 545pm across the street from Stevens Creek Auto row on a Sunday evening with NFL football playing. Little did we know that there would be a half hour wait, as there was one holiday party of 35, this holiday season before Christmas. At least they had a substantial waiting area, with padded seating next to the front door. Next time we will make reservations.

Very elegant surroundings with plush seating in the booths, a flat screen TV in each of the 4 corners of the main room, and a row of flat screen TVs in the bar. Shiny wooden tables, wine glasses, cloth table napkins, sports memorabilia on the walls with sports posters

By the Bucket is an Italian seafood restaurant. Pasta dishes go $14-$19, pizzas for $16-$18, and New York steaks for $33. Heated sliced sour dough bread served fresh out of the oven.

I ordered the catfish prawns etouffee at $20, and my wife the crab cakes macadamia with crusted garlic prawns for $20. Service was on the slow side, and it took about 20 minutes for the order to arrive.

The catfish prawns etouffee came with a cheese stuffed anaheim chile, a catfish fillet roasted in cajun spices, etouffee rice, shrimp, and chorizo sausage. The etouffee rice was a tomato based rice. The catfish fillet with the cajun spices was on the salty side. The shrimp were on the small side but numerous, and the sausage overcooked and on the dry side. The cheese stuffed anaheim chile added zest to the dish, but the chile wasn't as spicy as I thought, compared to New Mexico green chiles.

The crab cakes macadamia with crusted garlic prawns came with pineapple mango salsa, sticky rice and asparagus. I tried the crab cakes and they were delicious -probably what I would order the next time I came here.

We had a $15 discount coupon good on orders over $40, from the Thursday San Jose Mercury News Eye Section. Otherwise I would not have come. This is very common to see coupons from this restaurant in the Thursday Mercury Newspaper.

• Visited December 2013
Fawnskin
“Great Bread and Appetizers”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2013

Every time my husband I i drive up north, we frequent our favorite restaurants. By Th' Bucket is a very unpretentious restaurant compared to Palm Desert and Rancho Mirage, but the bread, appetizers, and entrees are great!!! The halibut and salmon entrees are out of this world. It must be a favorite of locals since it is always busy!!!
Again, every time my husband and I visit the Silicone Valley, we request to go to two restaurants, AQUI in Cupertino and By Th' Bucket in Santa Clara!!!

• Visited November 2013
San Jose, California
“Off my bucket list”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

Once Mike gave up the restaurant, it of course changed. You can't even get a burger for dinner. But then I liked the old hole in the wall it used to be before it up-scaled. I wish they would bring back the old sour dough bread. We used to go there once a week, now maybe twice a year. Usually for the ribs when I don't feel like making them.

• Visited June 2013