“Honolulu's Catholic Church”

Our Lady of Peace Church
Reviewed May 20, 2014

This is my church and love the great stained glass windows, each one has some special hawaiian touch. The heel of Father Damien is one of the relics and there is a new addition from Saint Maryann Cope. The church itself has been undergoing renovations however the funding is still needed for all of the work so the process has been very slow, hopefully one day the ceiling will be restored to it's original beauty.

1  Thank deehi

Reviewed May 14, 2014

The grounds are beautiful and this place is really pretty for an afternoon stroll after lunch. I would recommend hanging out here and enjoying the fresh air.

Reviewed April 14, 2014

I was staying in the area and drove the 4 mins there to see the Lady of Peace statue. It was a nice night and I enjoyed the serenity of the location. I wouldn't go out of your way unless you are very religious and this is your thing.

It was just what I expected and I rated it excellent because there was no negative.

PS ... only visited the statue ... not the church.

1  Thank James S
Reviewed March 30, 2014

If you are in the area looking for a nice catholic church this is a great choice, you can found services at different times of the day and in different languages. Take your time as usually the church is full especially on sundays

1  Thank Epeniche
Reviewed March 23, 2014

A thirty-two foot statue, made from stainless steel, of Our Lady of Peace presides over a large grassy hill next to this church. How the sculptor managed to get such a beautiful, lifelike expression on the statue's face I'll never know. Who knew steel could be so inspiring. There are benches and a cement wall that allow you to just sit and meditate for awhile. It was a nice break from "sightseeing". Near the church is also a Catholic Book Store. If it is a hot day, bring an umbrella for shade.