The accommodations were very nice. The location is very convenient. There are several restaurants, coffee shop and others an easy stroll away from the hotel. I can recommend the Hyatt House and would stay here again.
- Free Wifi
- Free Parking
I really love the location of this hotel, definitely wasn't far from great america and was in a nice plaza. The room was nice a cheap for being a king with a sofabed pull out and having a kitchenette. The breakfast was delicious, my husband loved the customized omelets. We also went swimming here and it was kinda chilly in the pool but it was a nice big/clean pool. We always found parking but it was a little tight. Other than that this hotel was great and the front desk was very nice.
I stayed at Hyatt House, Rivermark Plaza for five nights in the month on March 2014. I was on a business travel to Santa Clara and chose this hotel due to its location, which is near to my office. My stay at this hotel was just above average, nothing much to boast of. It is more of a business hotel and caters to business travelers mostly. I could hardly spot anyone who had come there for leisure.
Things I liked:
1. The location is perfect. Even though the hotel doesn't have a restaurant, there are plenty of food options in the vicinity. Italian, Chinese, Indian, Mexican and many more different food options.
2. The rooms are more or less like suites. It has an attached kitchen with all the utensils where one could cook food.
3. The rooms are quite neat and the bed is comfortable. The bathroom fixtures are nice too.
Things I didn't like:
1. I was given a room that was right on the highway. Yes, the room was on the highway! The whole night movement of vehicles resulted in a disturbed sleep. The next day I asked for the room change and I was told that all the rooms were full. I had decided to move to a different hotel and that is when I was given a different room on the upper floor.
2. One morning I was a bit late for the breakfast when only 10 minutes were remaining for the close of breakfast buffet. As in when I was helping myself with the fruits, a lady came and took away the fruit plate even though I hadn't finished picking up. This was appalling to say the least.
3. The earlier week I had stayed in one of the Renaissance Hotels in Colorado and they provided me with an impeccable service. It was rather disappointing to see the service at Hyatt, especially when I had asked for a ride to my office and my request was rejected, even when I had offered to wait. Having said that, I must specify that it happened only on one day. The other day of the week were fine and I did get a ride to my office.
Overall, I must say that even though I didn't have a great experience, I would still want to give them a second chance as nothing beats this hotel for its location.
As a diamond member, I stay at a Hyatt property somewhere every week. My wife and I spent a week in California and stayed here the last night before flying out of San Jose International. Let me start there, it is close to the airport and they have a complimentary shuttle. The property is surrounded by several good restaurants within walking distance, and is in a safe area. The staff was first class and the property was equally good. Very clean, has an Italian, tuscan decor and is spacious down stairs. The rooms are suites with a mini kitchen, living area and separate bedroom. The property is very clean, inside and out, located in a great part of town. Great job Hyatt!
I have stayed at several Hyatt branded hotels in the area and this was the best hotel. The room is actually a suite with a living room and small kithen separate from the bedroom. There is a flat screen TV in both the living room and the bedroom. The bed was very comfortable. The room was very quiet and there was a youth group in the hotel. There is a full bath. The couch in the living room pulls out to add another bed to the room. Free WiFi is available was well as a lending program if certain items were forgotten. There is a business center on site that can be used if need for printing. The hotel also has a small workout room and an outdoor pool and whirlpool. There is also covered parking available. My only complaint was the AC vent blew directly on the bed (in my face). I will stay here in the future instead at the Hyatt Place as the cost is about the same.
We had family staying here for a graduation at Santa Clara University. The check in process was prompt, friendly and all our rooms were correctly reserved and ready for us when we arrived. Our room was a small suite with a limited kitchen but a full size refrigerator. Our room was clean and quiet with a comfortable king size bed. Their breakfast is better than what is offered at most comparable properties. If we are in this area again, we will definitely return to this property.